MissE

2009 Band-2011 Bypass Revision

Hi All-

I am scheduled for my revision 07/29/11 and I must say-I'm very nervous and excited. I'm so miserable from the band that me knowing it is coming out is helping subside the nerves to a certain extent. I have two close friends who opted for Bypass first when I was too afraid too. After speaking with them and my surgeon in detail and getting both point of views, I feel much more comfortable now! The band was good to me for like 10 minutes...I would never recommend it based on my experience and I'm hoping I have better results after my revision. Good luck to everyone and their journey.

Any tips or advise anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated!

Hi All-

I am scheduled for my revision 07/29/11 and I must say-I'm very nervous and excited. I'm so miserable from the band that me knowing it is coming out is helping subside the nerves to a certain extent. I have two close friends who opted for Bypass first when I was too afraid too. After speaking with them and my surgeon in detail and getting both point of views, I feel much more comfortable now! The band was good to me for like 10 minutes...I would never recommend it based on my experience and I'm hoping I have better results after my revision. Good luck to everyone and their journey.

Any tips or advise anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated!

Can I ask you what problems did you have with your band?

Good luck with the revision, MissE.... Being nervous is normal!

I think that just about everyone is apprehensive going into WLS but I can understand it's probably going to be a little worse for those who are having revisions.

MissE-

Good luck! I have the band (been 2 years of hell!) and I'm scheduled for my revision to RNY on 8/2/11. I feel your anxiety but remind myself that I've followed all of the same rules, and hopefully nothing can be as bad as what I'm going through now. I just wish I had the nerve to have RNY to begin with! Best of luck to you!

Can I ask you what problems did you have with your band?

I had NO problems in the beginning and then a year in I had my first slippage. Went and got all fluid out because I couldn't get anything down-NOT EVEN WATER!! I learned after that I developed so much scar tissue and that was contributing to putting too much pressure around the band. Even though I have NO fluid in my band, I reflux and vomit very often. Sometimes I can't even eat at all.

MissE-

Good luck! I have the band (been 2 years of hell!) and I'm scheduled for my revision to RNY on 8/2/11. I feel your anxiety but remind myself that I've followed all of the same rules, and hopefully nothing can be as bad as what I'm going through now. I just wish I had the nerve to have RNY to begin with! Best of luck to you!

Good luck to you as well! I agree, I never considered bypass, but after speaking with my new surgeon-I wish I had met him before I made the decision to go with the band. I almost feel like the Dr. who performed my band told me what I WANTED to hear and not the things I NEEDED to hear. I want to hear all of it-the ups and the downs.

You are right-it can't be any worse than what we are experiencing at this time. Have you developed any scar tissue around your band? That is whats causing me my grief right now!

Good luck to you as well! I agree, I never considered bypass, but after speaking with my new surgeon-I wish I had met him before I made the decision to go with the band. I almost feel like the Dr. who performed my band told me what I WANTED to hear and not the things I NEEDED to hear. I want to hear all of it-the ups and the downs.

You are right-it can't be any worse than what we are experiencing at this time. Have you developed any scar tissue around your band? That is whats causing me my grief right now!

Hello all - just joining this forum. It's very informative!

MissE, it's been a month since your revision surgery! How are you feeling? I'm having mine on Sept. 23rd, by Dr. Alexander too. I am very interested in how it went, and how you like Dr Alexander! He was recommended to me by a co-worker. I was banded in 2004, lost about 59lbs in 2yrs, then had a hysterectomy in 2007 and was slowly gaining then. Now I have gained about 30-35lbs back! Please let us know how your progress it going....

Babbs

Hello!

Things are coming along pretty nicely. I'm down about 40lbs and feeling pretty good. Dr.Alexander is great!!! I got very nervous close to my surgery date and he called me the night before surgery to ease my anxiety! Overall, I must say I'm very happy with having the revision done. It is such an awesome feeling to touch my stomach and not feel that buldge from my band. Also, my incisions are almost invisible!!! They look SO MUCH BETTER than my lap band scars. Not sure how he pulled it off, but I'm very impressed :-)

Good luck with everything and keep me posted on your progress.

Hello all - just joining this forum. It's very informative!

MissE, it's been a month since your revision surgery! How are you feeling? I'm having mine on Sept. 23rd, by Dr. Alexander too. I am very interested in how it went, and how you like Dr Alexander! He was recommended to me by a co-worker. I was banded in 2004, lost about 59lbs in 2yrs, then had a hysterectomy in 2007 and was slowly gaining then. Now I have gained about 30-35lbs back! Please let us know how your progress it going....

Babbs

Hello!

Things are coming along pretty nicely. I'm down about 40lbs and feeling pretty good. Dr.Alexander is great!!! I got very nervous close to my surgery date and he called me the night before surgery to ease my anxiety! Overall, I must say I'm very happy with having the revision done. It is such an awesome feeling to touch my stomach and not feel that buldge from my band. Also, my incisions are almost invisible!!! They look SO MUCH BETTER than my lap band scars. Not sure how he pulled it off, but I'm very impressed :-)

Good luck with everything and keep me posted on your progress.

MissE--

That's great! Glad you are doing so well, and hope things are still progressing well for you. Dr. Alexander just postponed my surgery to next month! I'm disappointed but he's going out of town next weekend, I was to have the revision next week but now have another whole month to "think" about it.... Just wondering how long you were sore from the surgery? I only have about 3 wks I can be off work, but then have a wk of vacation after I get back to work, so about 4wks total - will that be enough time to recoup? How are things going now? Sorry for all the questions, just anxious I guess. My surgery date now is Oct 14th.

--Babbs

MissE--

That's great! Glad you are doing so well, and hope things are still progressing well for you. Dr. Alexander just postponed my surgery to next month! I'm disappointed but he's going out of town next weekend, I was to have the revision next week but now have another whole month to "think" about it.... Just wondering how long you were sore from the surgery? I only have about 3 wks I can be off work, but then have a wk of vacation after I get back to work, so about 4wks total - will that be enough time to recoup? How are things going now? Sorry for all the questions, just anxious I guess. My surgery date now is Oct 14th.

--Babbs

Hey there,

I'm in the same boat, two years of hell with a leaking band, port replacement- still a leaking band, so got the Gastric bypass just over a month ago and haven't looked back! If only I had done this from the start! Grrrr! Still, part 2 and new adventures :D

I had less pain recovering this time then will the original op, and was off painkillers and back to work within two weeks. So far so so good :lol:

Good luck to you guys with ops/ recovery B)