principalbarb

Best tasting protein shakes

26 posts in this topic

Hi Friends,

I am researching the best tasting protein shakes. Has anyone had Nutrilite Chocolate Fudge? 170 calories and 9 grams of protein. Any comments? Also trying to figure out different liquid meals and recipies to follow in the weeks after my surgery.....any suggestions?

I've not tried those... I like matrix chocolate and add pb2 peanut butter to make it yummier :) I get matrix 2.0 I think it is. For my liquid week I did protein shakes, soups pureed and strained, sf pudding and popsickles. I wasn't hungry that first week. Best of luck to ya :)

i honestly think the best protein shakes are the ones I make myself...just get some pure whey isolate protein powder (theyre are some decent priced ones at GNC like isopure creamy vanilla) and get creative! my new fave is yoplait light red velvet cake yogurt with 120z of skim milk, and 1 and 1/2 scoops of protein powder....yummyyyy!!!!

invisiblegirl and ToutDeSuite like this

I love bariatric advantage shake mixes. my favorite is the vanilla one blended with crushed ice and a tbs of sugar free boysenberry jam. so good!

I used the Atkins protein shakes. A little $$, but I tried the others and didn't like them. I also have tried CVS brand Protein Whey in Cookies N Cream. I mix it with milk, and drink it cold. It's pretty fantastic!

Hi Friends,

I am researching the best tasting protein shakes. Has anyone had Nutrilite Chocolate Fudge? 170 calories and 9 grams of protein. Any comments? Also trying to figure out different liquid meals and recipies to follow in the weeks after my surgery.....any suggestions?

I love the Unjury Protein Shakes. They have 20 grams of Protein and they are delicious. I buy the Chocolate Splendor, Strawberry Sorbert, and the Vanilla.. I mix mine with Silk Light soymilk.. And OMG... they taste like a regular shake...

luckygirlrocks likes this

My favorites are the Premier shakes from Costco. I love both the chocolate & vanilla. They have 30g protein, 160 cal, 3g fat, 3g carb, 1g sugar.

Katydid93 and Donnal845 like this

My favorites are the Premier shakes from Costco. I love both the chocolate & vanilla. They have 30g protein, 160 cal, 3g fat, 3g carb, 1g sugar.

Those are my favorite, I still have one almost every day. I love 'em.

Donnal845 likes this

I love syntrax nectar - especially the Vanilla Bean and Cappucino. Yummy =)

Lidia6321 and ---------- like this

Hi Friends,

That's a lot of calories for not much protein.

My favorite is syntrax nectar chocolate truffle. You can buy it at the Vitamin Shoppe and return it if you don't like it. It's top quality protein. With one scoop and 1 cup of skim milk it's 190 calories and 33 grams of protein.

Natybug98, ---------- and Lidia6321 like this

Hi Friends,

At 170 calories and only 9 grams of protein, I would stay FAR away from those. A cup of skim milk has half the calories and more protein and costs a lot less. When I drank protein drinks regularly, I chose fruity flavors mixed with water, like the Syntrax Nectar fruity flavors and FruitBlast 4EVERfit. I also like ProJoe ready to drink protein coffee drinks, but they are ridiculously expensive. Now that I am getting most of my protein from food, I still add a half scoop of Isopure zero carb unflavored powder into my coffee or latte in the morning just to get a protein jump start. I often add a half scoop to a nice warm mug of diet hot cocoa in the evening, too, if I am running low on protein for the day.

So far my fav are the ones from Costco.

Patnkris likes this

I love Muscle Milk Light. They come in 100 calorie servings(just right for small tummies) , 15 grams protein ,, no sugars, 3 grams fat. Also does not contain any dairy product. Available at just about any store and no refrigeration needed to store (but drink them cold or chilled! )

The best I have found are Premier Protein. These shakes are from Sam's Club. They have 30 grams of protein. My dietician recommended them. The chocolate is my preference.

Katydid93 and Donnal845 like this

I also love the premier protein shakes. My favorite is vanilla. It's what I've been living on since 3 days after my surgery.

Hi Friends,

As stated by another, this is one I would stay away from. I was told that a good protein source would have at least 10 grams of protein to every 100 calories.

I make my own. I have 2 oz greek yougart 1 banana, 2 scoops pure Isolate protein power 1 oz oj and 1 strawberry. Tastes WONDERFUL. you are getting a 35 gram shake each time. I do this 2 times a day. 

Zeal Protein Shakes are wonderful!

I personally enjoy the Muscle Milk Light and the Ensure High Protein. The Ensure High protein has 25 GM of protrein and is available in Chocolate and vanilla and are lactose free. The Muscle Milk Light is unique in that it has no milk and is also lactose free but also has zero sugars!!! Both are a bit pricey but I like being able to get my protein in and this allows me to also have other items throughout the day for flavor rather than having to consume all proteins at every meal just to get them in.

Costco has some cookies and cream protein powder 9 dollars off this month, I sampled it in the store it tasted wonderful, I think the stats aren't quite as good as premier but they were good I just can't remember exactly how much protein versus calories.

I make my own as well.  Acesulfame K (AKA Acesulfame Potassium) found in a lot of shakes and other sugar-free products gives me headaches.   :(  I used unflavored protein and add oj/oranges and milk for a dreamsicle shake; berries yogurt and Trop50 blueberry pomegranate juice for a berry shake' and I make my own sugar-free hot chocolate using espresso, unsweetened cocoa powder, and fat-free, lactose-free milk.

Also, I recently found a shake (ChocoRite brand) that does not add Acesulfame in peanut butter flavor.  It's not bad -- a bit sweet, but I just have to experiment with diluting it more.  :) But I'm sure I could make my own with PB2 and unflavored protein and will probably experiment with that one too.  

Edited by ToutDeSuite

today i made a protein shake with 1/3 of a frozen banana, a dallop of fat free Greek yogurt and syntex choc truffles with soy mailk - cant say I loved it. It was different. Maybe I just dont know how to make good protein drinks?

I drank the Syntrax chocolate truffle until it started giving me headaches and found it tasted best without any additives other than milk.