kylieh51

Gladiator Protein Shakes

4 posts in this topic

I have made the switch to the Gladiator Protein Shakes from my old protein shakes b/c the old ones gave me the worst gas in the world!! I need to know how those of you who use this powder make yours, b/c I can't get it to taste right. I cannot use milk b/c I am lactose intolerant and really don't want all of the extra calories. Please tell me how to make this work!!! Thanks!

If you are lactose intolerant then I assume your 'old' protein drinks were Whey Protein which is a milk product. Might explain the issues you had. I would try using Soy Protein Isolate instead and if you don't like using water, use Soy, Almond or Rice Milks. My favorite is the Almond Breeze Unsweetened. You might also consider taking Lactaid with milk products to eliminate that discomfort.

The shakes I was using are 100% egg protein and are amazing!!! I just can't take the gas. They are lactose free, but something in them made my life miserable. Since I have come off of them, the gas is gone. I wouldn't mind trying almond or rice milk, but I do not want the extra calories in my shakes, they are already 180 calories per serving and I'm adding fruit to them. Thank you for the advise though. Anything is appreciated!

The shakes I was using are 100% egg protein and are amazing!!! I just can't take the gas. They are lactose free, but something in them made my life miserable. Since I have come off of them, the gas is gone. I wouldn't mind trying almond or rice milk, but I do not want the extra calories in my shakes, they are already 180 calories per serving and I'm adding fruit to them. Thank you for the advise though. Anything is appreciated!

Might be sugar alcohols, I was very sensitive to them immediately after surgery. Try getting some samples of unflavored protein powders or "natural" ones sweetened with Stevia.

P.S. It's only 35-40 calories for 8oz of unsweetened almond milk...