• Announcements

• John

Community Guidelines   09/15/2015

A reminder that we have a general set of guidelines that are available at http://www.thinnertimesforum.com/guidelines/. If you have any questions or concerns, you may express them to me or a Community Leader directly. Thank you,
      John Callery
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Robi

Blacking out when I bend over...

10 posts in this topic

Whenever I bend over or squat and then come back up I get really dizzy and sometimes even see black for a split second. I called my dr and have an appt Fri. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this. I had my RNY on March 3. I take my vitamins as I should, but do not take iron. I am thinking it might just be a case of low iron. I don't eat any red meat (Nut said not to till 6 months).

I'm not a doc but it could be spells of low blood pressure. Are you drinking enough fluids? Dehydration can do that big time.

I've only fainted once in my life and that was as about 4 weeks out. I got checked out but the doc put it down to low BP and/or dehydration.

It could also be related to orthostatic hypotension - low blood pressure. Make sure you are staying hydrated, it makes a huge difference! Stand more slowly and dont squat for long periods of time.

I occasionally feel something like that. Like when I bend over to grab a water bottle or something in the fridge, and then come up real quick.. i get light-headed. :unsure:

Edited by jessikagurl101

This is weird because the same thing has been happening to me. Lightheadness when I move quickly or get up quickly. I am still taking my blood pressure meds and maybe the BP is down naturally enough with weight loss, no caffeine, low salt intake. I'm thinking BP is too low and I will probably ask doctor if I should quick taking it next doctor visit.

Same thing for me for a while now. In my case, it is a low blood pressure issue.

It happens to me all the time - low blood pressure.

I'm 9 months out and still get a bit lightheaded when I stand up too quickly--sometimes. My surgeon said this is due to dehydration. Very common.

I experience this too. I keep putting off going to the doc but I must get it checked out too!

I get this too and put it down to low blood pressur. My blood pressure has been running 90 over 64 since the surgery. Odd how this surgery affects so Many other things. My pulse is very low now too.