• Announcements

• John

Community Guidelines   09/15/2015

A reminder that we have a general set of guidelines that are available at http://www.thinnertimesforum.com/guidelines/. If you have any questions or concerns, you may express them to me or a Community Leader directly. Thank you,
      John Callery
Kgcoyne

How much B12 do you take?

8 posts in this topic

I'm just looking over my vitamin requirements today..........and my required amount of B12 is 2000 mcg per week...must be sublingual..aka under the tongue

what is everyone else taking? Im taking ONE pill a week which has 2500 mcg........

Seems to me you are taking alot more....the bottle even says one pill a day????

I'm just looking over my vitamin requirements today..........and my required amount of B12 is 2000 mcg per week...must be sublingual..aka under the tongue

what is everyone else taking? Im taking ONE pill a week which has 2500 mcg........

Seems to me you are taking alot more....the bottle even says one pill a day????

I am taking one sublingal B-12 tablet a day, 2,500 mcg AND in my Optisource vitamin there is another 125 mcg and I take FOUR of them a day. Total 3,000 mcg per day. Seems like an awful lot to me but they say you don't absorb it all. My NUT said everyday for the rest of life I will be taking that.

Edited by kathypell

I take one 500mcg caplet a day per my doctor. That's in addition to anything in the multi vite or food, etc.

The asmbs.org recommends B12 1,000mcg daily (sublingual form). My programme had us starting on that dosage too although I didn't do well on the commonly chemically synthesized B12 as cyanocobalamin. Before going down the road of shots, I tried B12 as methylcobalamin and I never looked back.

It's worth pointing out that gastric bypass people do not absorb much of any B12 taken in tablet form. To absorb vitamin B12, your body uses a special protein called intrinsic factor, which is released by cells in the stomach. Our bypass prevents normal levels of gastric acid and intrinsic factor so we have to take it in a different form (sublinguals/dots, sprays, patches, nasal sprays, injections).

I use the Nascobal nose spray B12 (prescription). I don't have the bottle handy right now, but it is a large dose, I squirt one spray up one nostril once a week and my levels are normal now. I was still deficient when I was on the sublingual B12.

I take one 1500 mcg per day under the tongue.

I take 2500 mcg every day, sublingual.

my levels just came back, perfect

One shot once a month

rulebreaker likes this