SueM

Anyone Up For A Valentines Day Challenge?

1,019 posts in this topic

Kathy, I have been at a stall for two months now and I'm at the same weight 147-148!! GRRR!!! So yeah, maybe it's our bodys' way of telling us it needs a break. I also started serious exercise so I'm not concerned about the scale (MUCH!!) and I figure the weight's gonna move up or down a few pounds. I'll be one year out on 1/31 and I really wanted to be at goal (145). Not sure it's going to happen in 10 days and I'm ok with that considering how far I've come in the past year. I only wish I had started exercising much sooner. Now I thoroughly understand what Claire/Corrine/Kelly means by taking full advantage of the active weight loss period. Not sure it would have made a difference in how much weight I lost but I do think I may not have so much loose skin if I had toned from the beginning.

Jessika, YOU WILL BE HURTING for the next two days after exercising, but it's a good hurt. You are YOUNG!! Keep doing it. Prove your mother wrong!!!

hi gals ... i'm still here!

124.5 this morning. very weird to be losing since i'm not exercising right now--plastic surgeon hasn't cleared me for anything more than walking until i go back to see him on the 30th.

i was looking at my body naked in the mirror last night and never in my wildest dreams did i ever think i would get this lean. my legs & butt just hang like elephant skin, but what are ya gonna do. oh well.

trying not to let my fears paralyze me. trying to take it one day at a time.

xxoo

I just noticed something. My mini goal was to weigh 130 by Feb. 2. Well I'm definitely not going to make that. But I was wondering if anyone else stalled at the same weight for 2-3 mths then started losing again? Do you think I'll ever weigh 130 or will just stay at 146?

hi kathy!

i think you will still continue to lose, maybe when you least expect it. i also think it's a bit of a crapshoot in terms of where our bodies want to be weight-wise.

just wanted to say hi, so happy to see you here and send you a hug.

xxoo

julie

LOL...I just got BACK to my xmas goal weight a week or so ago, as it (ahem) had a tendency to go up a wee bit over the holiday period. But I've been ever so good since the *mumble* of January, so now I'm right back at it. NOW WITH GYM ATTENDANCE! New and improved!! :lol:

Haha, love a New Year and a fresh start :D Lets hope all our new found work out regimes continue through the rest of the year ;):D

where's everyone at?

I finally made my goal!!! 145 today. Just a few months late. Maybe I will meet my 1 yr goal in a few months. Zumba class is going great! I have around 40 students. I'm so excited! I miss hearing from everyone. I have been so busy---haven't had time to get on here.

Edited by haggardk

Kathy,

Cograds on making goal and even more kudos for getting that Zumba class going! You have begun life long fitness for both yourself and motivate those around you.

I am at a weird place right now, bouncing from 140-145 at most (I have declared 145 my top end forever.) Not really loosing and I am only 8 months out. DH and Mom say I have lost enough. I have fun running, but only do a couple days a week since it is so cold out, but I start a 3 x per wek program at the end of the month. 124 was my goal, but I am afraid I might look too saggy at that weight.

Hmmm

I finally made my goal!!! 145 today. Just a few months late. Maybe I will meet my 1 yr goal in a few months. Zumba class is going great! I have around 40 students. I'm so excited! I miss hearing from everyone. I have been so busy---haven't had time to get on here.

CONGRATS!!!!! :):):)

Also on the Zumba class -- 40 students is awesome! Well to me, it's awesome that you can even do Zumba cos I'm soooo bad at it, so you're my exercise/rhythm/coordination idol. :lol:

I made some goal I set at some point, so I counted it. :cool:

Proud to hear from all of you!!! I think as long as we are not gaining----we're good! I'm focusing on toning now! If pounds drop that's even better! Life challenge: To live a more active, fun-filled, and healthier life! I feel that God has given me another chance at life------don't want to mess that up!

Great job on meeting your goals!!!

kathy, i'm so happy you made goal! so proud of you--congrats!!

Thanks everyone! I weighed today and have lost another pound. YAY!!!! 144-------------But good grief--I should be losing-----my classes are 45 mins long twice a day-----back to back! I'm amazed that I can do this. Just a few months ago I would not have been able to survive 20 mins. Thank you Lord!!!!

Julie---I have that hanging skin around my butt and thighs too. I don't mind though---I try to remember that I'm doing everything in my power to tone things up---and if they don't that's ok. I'm better than I what I was! Can't wait until summer!!!

Marie-that is right---right? (Time for me now) Gosh I'm sorry. I haven't been on here much lately and my memory is slipping! you have done awesome------------a lot better than me! You're not through losing----------your body is just taking a well-deserved break! Don't stop running-if your knees and legs can continue--------then go for ur dreams! Don't worry about losing though----I noticed we're about the same height------and about he same weight----------I don't consider myself overweight---even though the charts do--------and some of my friends weigh much less than me -but I feel like I look smaller than them if that makes sense. Confidence at an all new level! I have a cousin that is in my zumba class---she is a runner. She was surprised to see that my class could make her legs sore-----even with her running as much as she does. So try new things---work out different muscles-------forget about the wt part-----tone tone tone! Gosh I sound like you now!!!! lol Thank you for being a great example!

Swizzly---it's so good to hear from you!!! Don't lose touch. We need each other. Or at least I need all of you!

Let's not lose touch! Has anyone heard from BonnieRose? Sue?

Annette??????? Where are you?????

BonnieRose---------Sue??????? Hello?????

Congrats on making goal Kathy, that is so awesome! I'm around, mostly lurking now and then when I have a spare five minutes - which isn't all that often ;) My weight is still holding steady. I'm not worrying about losing more, just focusing on maintaining. Frankly, I can't afford to lose more - I bought too many size six clothes! :D Shopping is really fun now. (Not swimsuit shopping though, that's just plain old depressing, yeeeeeesh. I'm jealous of your plastics Julie.)

I do get on the scale every single day. I don't want to regain anything. Luckily, the weight I'm at seems to be a good set point for my body. I tend to eat more on the weekends (especially if we aren't busy, but mostly hanging around the house), but cut way back during the week. I don't know how those of you who are SAHMs do it. I'm too much of a grazer to have constant access to my pantry, LOL. I've found myself getting dehydrated quite a bit lately and have had a few days where I've forgotten my vitamins. I think I get into this mode where I just forget about being a post-WLS patient and forget that I still need to take care of myself in that way, because I feel "normal". (But I know how dangerous it is not to take vitamins - don't worry - I'm being more vigilant.)

I'm not exercising. Honestly I've barely exercised throughout my WLS experience. I need to work on that but life is just so busy! I am weak as a kitten and really need to work on building muscle. Bad Sue. Oh well. (You can see that I'm really torn up about it :P )

Hope everyone is doing well. XOXOXO

I made my Valentine's Day goal so we need to start a new one. Either Easter (or Passover) or even a summer goal. I still weigh 152 so I would like to make 145 by summer. 149 by Easter.

Easter is in April correct? Ok, I'm in. I wanna be in the 220's. :cool:

I would love to weigh in the thirties! I haven't seen the thirties in years! I'm still at 144. I bought 3 dresses from JC Penney size 6. They are a little snug. So i would love to be able to wear them and breathe at the same time!!!. Funny how some 6's are loose and some r skin tight!!

Edited by haggardk

i'm holding steady at 124. would love to reach 120, but it's of little consequence to me. i spent 9 days on vacation in spain & morocco and didn't gain an ounce, though i have no idea why because i ate like there was no tomorrow. i've learned that i don't dump. sugar has no effect on me. neither does bread. or high fat foods. i'm wondering if at over 20 months out if i am still malabsorbing calories?

Just saw my post from earlier. I wanted to be in the 220's by Easter? LOL

:lol:

I've been at 240 for 2 weeks. Lovely.

Edited by jessikagurl101

Can someone change our topic from Val's Challenge to Easter Challenge??? I don't know how or I would. I don't want to lose touch with all of you.

Thanks everyone! I have been exercising my butt off, but the scale is still stubborn. That's ok---I just want to be tighter! So maybe it's muscle! I have to be so careful now. I want to snack constantly. Maybe I need to tie my hands behind my back. Then I catch myself saying well as much as I exercised today-it will be ok. Crazy talk! That's what got me here to begin with. I think I'm going to start a new thread---if I can figure it out.