SueM

Anyone Up For A Valentines Day Challenge?

congrats, that is so awesome! must feel amazing!

Thank you! It does feel great! I just hope I keep losing, I get nervous with those stupid stalls! You have done an amazing job yourself! :D

woohoo heatherr!!!! I am still hovering between 175-176 I'm hanging in there tho!

173.4 on the scale this morning. I am still hoping that I make my mini-goal of 172 by Friday of Memorial Day weekend. I am going to Albuquerque for the weekend and will be outdoors pretty much the entire weekend. I know that it is completely mental but somehow my short sleeve tees and shorts will look better at 172! lol Crazy, huh?

Lcrogers - I know how you feel about the mini-goals. I'm totally convinced that once I hit 169 I'll suddenly look great in shorts :rolleyes:

Rain - insomnia is the worst, I feel for you...

I lost another pound today. Super slow progress - but still, PROGRESS! I'll take it. I'm at 170 now. One more pound till I hit the 160s, which is a real mental milestone for me. I can hardly wait!

We finally saw the sun yesterday after weeks of rain and I can't tell you how much it lifted my spirits. YAY SUN!

How is everyone else?

Nice job, Sue! 1 more lb is nothing and I sooooo get it. Every time I fall below to the next "decade" I feel jovial. Even if it's 1 lb, it just seems more accomplished.

GL everyone.

Hey everyone! Well, I've done good, and not so good. I had gotten down to 203 last week. (my June 18 goal is 195) Then today I stepped on the scale and it was 207!! :angry:

I know it's just fluid, but it still frustrates me, and it still takes a few days to go away...and in my mind, that is more days that I'm not losing from the 203 point...does that make sense? It was my TOM last week, so I'm not sure exactly why I'm retaining so much fluid right now. My mini goal, I guess, is going to be to lose the 4lbs by the end of this week.

Anyway...I had a week off of school last week, and made it to the gym 5 days. I was so excited, and was feeling great. I began my summer session this week, so I've only been once so far...thankfully, this is only a 5 week course, and I should be free the rest of the summer to make it to the gym every day.

Overall, I'm just taking it day by day. If I get on here and get involved in the community, I do so much better. Life is just so busy, and I struggle finding the time. I'm right in the middle of nursing school, have a daughter graduating high school, and all the other kids ending their school years...it's such a struggle to focus on me and what I need!

Hey everyone! Well, I've done good, and not so good. I had gotten down to 203 last week. (my June 18 goal is 195) Then today I stepped on the scale and it was 207!! :angry:

I know it's just fluid, but it still frustrates me, and it still takes a few days to go away...and in my mind, that is more days that I'm not losing from the 203 point...does that make sense? It was my TOM last week, so I'm not sure exactly why I'm retaining so much fluid right now. My mini goal, I guess, is going to be to lose the 4lbs by the end of this week.

Anyway...I had a week off of school last week, and made it to the gym 5 days. I was so excited, and was feeling great. I began my summer session this week, so I've only been once so far...thankfully, this is only a 5 week course, and I should be free the rest of the summer to make it to the gym every day.

Overall, I'm just taking it day by day. If I get on here and get involved in the community, I do so much better. Life is just so busy, and I struggle finding the time. I'm right in the middle of nursing school, have a daughter graduating high school, and all the other kids ending their school years...it's such a struggle to focus on me and what I need!

I wish my kids were ending their school years :lol: They are 1, 6, 8, and 9, so we've got a ways to go still! That is so frustrating when that happens - but at least you KNOW it is water and you know your true weight. It'll come back off. I know it's irritating though - you almost feel cheated, right?

I lost another pound today, so I'm at 169!!!! Yahoo!!!! I'm so excited to be in the 160s I can't even tell you! I haven't been in the 160s since right after I got married, FIFTEEN years ago. YES! Only four more pounds to make my goal. I'm wearing a size 10/12 (depending on the manufacturer) and a M/L (depending on the manufacturer). I still have a ways to go, but this is such a great milestone for me (in my head). YAY!

I wish my kids were ending their school years :lol: They are 1, 6, 8, and 9, so we've got a ways to go still! That is so frustrating when that happens - but at least you KNOW it is water and you know your true weight. It'll come back off. I know it's irritating though - you almost feel cheated, right?

I lost another pound today, so I'm at 169!!!! Yahoo!!!! I'm so excited to be in the 160s I can't even tell you! I haven't been in the 160s since right after I got married, FIFTEEN years ago. YES! Only four more pounds to make my goal. I'm wearing a size 10/12 (depending on the manufacturer) and a M/L (depending on the manufacturer). I still have a ways to go, but this is such a great milestone for me (in my head). YAY!

Can not wait to be in a size 10....Just really getting into the 12's now! Loving that as it has been a very long time since I was in that size! Now if only my lower half would slim down like my upper half (minus the batwings of course)! Its getting there, going to see my trainer again today! Keep it up ladies! We are all rockin this challenge!

Woke up this morning & got on the scale just for the heck of it & the scale showed 214. Hurray! Can't wait til onderland...it will be here sooner than later! I have faith :)

Count me in! :) My goal for June 18th will be to lose 15 lbs! Im 288lbs now so by June 18th I want to weigh 273!! Also, I want to work out an extra day through the week! I am already working out 4-5 times a week at about 1 hour a day and I want to up that to more like 5 days a week and add in an extra 15 mins each day!!! Thanks for the challenge!

Welcome Amber. It's a little depressing to see all of your low numbers when I'm still pre-op. <sigh> It's still coming off nicely in the meantime, so I'll keep my chin up and keep plugging along. 1st goal met. 5 lbs from second goal and most importantly, I am sure I'll make my pre-op goal (assuming I lose 5-10lbs on the pre-op liquid diet when I start it) which was quite ambitious to begin with.

Sue, before you know it, you'll be wondering where the years went! I cannot believe that my kids are almost all grown up! I look forward to having time for just me and my hubby, but really I can begin to cry in a moment when I think about my girlie going off to college in July!

Congrats on your pound lost...I think it found its way to Texas and on to my scale! I do feel very cheated. This morning I was down to 205, and this evening I was up to 208!!! I don't usually step on the scale at night, but I just felt heavy. I am really retaining fluid as if it were my TOM...but it's not. I think I may just drink water all day tomorrow and flush out everything...maybe it's sodium, although I try to watch that as much as I can. I feel like I will NEVER make it below 200. I have flirted with it for so long, but I get so close...203, and then I go back up! Ugh Can you tell that I'm frustrated right at this moment? :-/

I do feel very cheated. This morning I was down to 205, and this evening I was up to 208!!! I don't usually step on the scale at night, but I just felt heavy. I am really retaining fluid as if it were my TOM...but it's not. I think I may just drink water all day tomorrow and flush out everything...maybe it's sodium, although I try to watch that as much as I can. I feel like I will NEVER make it below 200. I have flirted with it for so long, but I get so close...203, and then I go back up! Ugh Can you tell that I'm frustrated right at this moment? :-/

I so know that feeling! The last two TOMs in a row I not only gained, but I didn't immediately lose it afterward either, and it made me mad! ;>

(Um, close your eyes for my next sentence I have a feeling you won't want to hear this.)

I lost another pound today AND started TOM. Apparently my body is totally unreliable when it comes to TOM. Usually I gain a little and hold on to it for at LEAST a week afterward, this time I lost in the days leading up to it and on the day of. I have no idea what is going on with my body, but I'll definitely take it.

I went to the thrift store today and bought a few pairs of capris, a few t-shirts, a dress, and a pair of shorts - the first shorts I've worn in years. I feel really conspicuous and self conscious in them. I'm thinking I'm not gonna get much use out of them :lol: Oh well, it's a process, right?

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!

Edited by SueM

Better late than never, right?

I would love to be 240 by the 18th. I am 253 right now and haven't seen below 250 in MANY years. Better get off the computer and start moving!

Well, ladies, I did not make my mini-goal of 172 for today. However, I weigh 173 and am heading out of town with some actual cute clothes that fit. I had clothes from 5 years ago that I only wore 1/2 the summer and then I gained weight again. Well, they fit now and still look new! Have a great weekend!

I so know that feeling! The last two TOMs in a row I not only gained, but I didn't immediately lose it afterward either, and it made me mad! ;>

(Um, close your eyes for my next sentence I have a feeling you won't want to hear this.)

I lost another pound today AND started TOM. Apparently my body is totally unreliable when it comes to TOM. Usually I gain a little and hold on to it for at LEAST a week afterward, this time I lost in the days leading up to it and on the day of. I have no idea what is going on with my body, but I'll definitely take it.

I went to the thrift store today and bought a few pairs of capris, a few t-shirts, a dress, and a pair of shorts - the first shorts I've worn in years. I feel really conspicuous and self conscious in them. I'm thinking I'm not gonna get much use out of them :lol: Oh well, it's a process, right?

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!

Yay you! I know what you mean though...my months fluctuate. I will have a few months in a row where I can have raging PMS. (according to my hubby, of course!) Then, there will be a month or two when nothing...I'll actually be caught off guard when I start becasue I didn't have and warning symptoms. I can say that I feel like I've had this swelling before and it lasts for several weeks, then all of the sudden, I'm having to pee every 10 minutes for a few days. Being a nursing student, I should know why this is, but I don't have a clue! I hate to admit it but I do wonder about being in my 40's now and how that is influencing my hormones. I don't feel like they are normal...

As far as the shopping goes...FUN! I bought a new dress last week for a couple of occassions coming up, and I actually enjoyed it. I was a size smaller than I thought I was going to be...that's a new feeling because it's usually a size larger than I thought! Feels good!!

Have a great weekend!

I am not on the list yet, but I will try my best to get to 315. Now, to get a new scale with the digital readout.

I used to buy tamales when I was living in Austin. Most of the Saturdays, some Mexicans would work the neighborhood, selling homemade tamales. I would get a dozen so my daughter and SO would have some for dinner.

I have been staying away from the scale as I was seriously obsessing and weighing daily. I will weigh Tuesday as I have appt with surgeon. Hopefully it is a loss.

:::shaking me head:::

I weigh daily. Obsessively. I was busting my butt, and the scale wasn't showing it, and it annoyed me. I caved and carbed up last night. I thought I was soooo sabotaging my low carb efforts and killing any ketosis I was in, but I woke up this morning 2 lbs less than the last 2 days. I will never understand.

So, I made my first June 18th goal and am now 3 lbs away from my 2nd June 18th goal.

Weight in this morning - 198.0 LBS. So only a pound and a half weight loss for last week. Was hoping for more but not surprised. Been *so* busy lately with people visiting and getting ready for our trip/wedding. Need to make more me time.

Anyway, that puts me 7lbs away from my June 18th goal of 191.

Wow - everyone (besides me) is doing great. Congrats to you all.

As for me, a week ago I was 220, today 219 - not exactly on a good rate to make goal of 209 by the 18th. Only thing is, for the last few months I lose all my weight in the 1st 2 weeks of the month and than "stall" the second half. So hopefully I'll start losing this week. I'm to old for the TOM excuse, but it's almost like that.

Second goal was to exercise 4 days - 45 minutes - per week on the Wii. Well I did 2 days on the Wii, and 2 days of "moving" preperations in my house - does that count. Especially yesterday when we were working in the shed for hours in the heat. I was sweating - dirty - and aching so bad last night.

Third was to try and stop weighing myself daily - that's a fail. I'm addicted to the scale. Well, better addicted to the scale than to food :)

Happy Memorial Day everyone, hug a vet! I do daily, my hubby is 25 years retired AF. I'm so proud of him.

feeling a little frustrated, but trying not to panic--stuck at 150. for a while it was fluctuating a couple pounds above, but i still have not been able to crack into the 140's. everytime this happens i get so scared it means i'm done losing, and i'm still a good 20 pounds away from where i'm hoping to end up, if i can. the weight comes off considerably slower now. will check back in in a few days.

EVERYONE is doing a great job--weight loss or not, we are checking in and being honest and accountable. that in itself is a huge feat! go us!!

feeling a little frustrated, but trying not to panic--stuck at 150. for a while it was fluctuating a couple pounds above, but i still have not been able to crack into the 140's. everytime this happens i get so scared it means i'm done losing, and i'm still a good 20 pounds away from where i'm hoping to end up, if i can. the weight comes off considerably slower now. will check back in in a few days.

EVERYONE is doing a great job--weight loss or not, we are checking in and being honest and accountable. that in itself is a huge feat! go us!!

That's cute, the weight you are trying to get to is the total amount of weight you have lost. :)

Edited by ready2bthin

That's cute, the weight you ate trying to get to is the total amount of weight you have lost. :)

haha, that's a really good point--didn't think of that! when/if i ever get to 140, that will be exactly half of what i started out at!

I just got back from a weekend in Albuquerque. I did great with my fluids (sunshine in the desert) but did not make my daily protein goals. I did not eat any junk. We were going, going, going all day and night and honestly, between all the sunshine, heat and physical activity, I just was not hungry. I came home this evening and I weighed 172.2. Once I weigh 171.5, then I am no longer officially obese. So close to just being overweight!

Back to work on Tuesday and back to meeting my daily protein and fluids' goals! Had fun on my mini-vacation but I am ready to get back into my routine.

Edited by lcrogers99