SueM

Anyone Up For A Valentines Day Challenge?

I'm eating crow for all that complaining I did 2 weeks ago about not being able to lose. I woke up this morning in 2 lbs from goal. I'm making a NEW GOAL. My pre surgery goal should be attainable now. woohoo.

Tomorrow my goal is to drink 64 ounces of water!!!! I'll set a daily goal....

The cramps are so bad today... I still went to the gym but I am miserable and wish I could just take some Motrin :-:-(

The cramps are so bad today... I still went to the gym but I am miserable and wish I could just take some Motrin :-:-(

Ugh, cramps are horrible - hope you're feeling better soon.

MissAmy - I understand what you mean. I feel like I'm gone too much already, and the idea of leaving my kids MORE to go work out makes me feel twitchy. Mommy guilt is a powerful thing, eh? Here are some things I've tried... I try to include them in my exercise - we all go swimming, or we go to the park so that they can play while I walk the track, etc., etc. Sometimes I do yoga workout videos at home and they like to do them with me. Or sometimes we have "crazy dancing" time in the living room, or I let the baby use me as a jungle gym - you know, lift him up high in the air, then swing him back down, then lift him up high again or put him on my legs and use my legs to lift him up and down and up and down and - well, you get the picture. :> Or else I try to go after they're in bed but I'm usually too tired by then.

Yesterday I upped my protein and I finally lost two pounds. I sat down and figured it out and it turned out that I was getting something like 40 per day, so yesterday I got 65. Funny how when you follow the guidelines the weight starts coming off again. Hopefully my stall is OVER. (knocks on wood)

177.0 this morning on the scale. It seems that my stall is over but guess what came to visit this morning - TOM! Take one step forward - one step back - it seems. lol Oh, well! Everyone is doing great with their goals. June 18th will be here before we know it!

I'm drinking my water today.....I will get my 64 ounces in today or else :)

Very late update since I just got home from my trip -

Weighed this morning - 199.8lbs :)

So I am 8.8lbs away from my June 18th goal. Hoping my wedding dress arrives shortly so I can see how the fit is.

got myself to the gym yesterday so doin better on that end. I don't get the weigh thing. I know we weigh different on different days but it's hard to be excited to see 174.8 on one day and 177 on another. And I know we shouldn't weigh ourselves daily for that reason...BUT it's so hard to step away from that darn scale!!!! I will be the first to say don't weigh daily but man I'm becoming the biggest hippocrit..ok that's spelled like the hippo animal ummm hypocrit...forget it I don't know how to spell anymore. I think the weight loss is coming from my brain!!!

HATE TOM!!!!!! lol This is my first cycle in a long time and the first time EVER that I've had cramps and it's been heavy... today is worst than yesterday I finally broke down and took Excedrin tension (just acetaminophen with caffeine) but it just took the edge off for about 3 hours - 3 more till I can take more :(

AND I'M STARVING lol but trying to stay on schedule for the food still... had 2 protein shakes and an Atkins bar and some Chinese pork/mustard so far today and it's only 2pm lol making myself wait until 4 to eat again but I'm already starting to feel it... Have already gotten my 64oz of water today on the bright side... It's 74 outside in Sunny Washington (lol) so that's been easier today (w/ the help of Crystal Light Lemonade!) Now I just need a porch and sun hat! Hope you are all doing great today!

I wish it was sunny here! Here in Utah it's been raining all week, and next week is more of the same...

I lost another pound today - two more pounds till I'm in the 160s - woot! I can't wait for that - I haven't been in the 160s since I got married. I'm still six pounds from my June 18th goal. Hopefully I'll make it, but who knows. We can only do what we can do, right?

I went and tried on a swimsuit yesterday, because my old one falls off when I swim, which is - NOT GOOD to say the least. I tried on a suit from Old Navy and I still looked so gross. I'm not being hard on myself - I'm short so at 171 my legs and thighs are still really, really fat and lumpy. I felt awful afterward. I'm hoping that once I lose about 20 pounds more I'll feel better about my legs. It was sort of depressing. Oh well, I guess that's what board shorts are for.

Hope everyone has a good day.

I wish it was sunny here! Here in Utah it's been raining all week, and next week is more of the same...

I lost another pound today - two more pounds till I'm in the 160s - woot! I can't wait for that - I haven't been in the 160s since I got married. I'm still six pounds from my June 18th goal. Hopefully I'll make it, but who knows. We can only do what we can do, right?

I went and tried on a swimsuit yesterday, because my old one falls off when I swim, which is - NOT GOOD to say the least. I tried on a suit from Old Navy and I still looked so gross. I'm not being hard on myself - I'm short so at 171 my legs and thighs are still really, really fat and lumpy. I felt awful afterward. I'm hoping that once I lose about 20 pounds more I'll feel better about my legs. It was sort of depressing. Oh well, I guess that's what board shorts are for.

Hope everyone has a good day.

I did not weigh myself today but did work out again with my trainer and did 30 minutes of cardio, so this week has been great as far as keeping up with the exercise. I will weigh myself tomorrow to see if I have lost any more weight!

Sue, I have the same issues you do. I went to Florida this past march and had to get a new bathing suit as well. My legs and thighs are still so gross, it frustrates me to no end. If only my whole body looked as good as my shoulders :lol: ! I'm hoping the kicking up the exercise really helps, my legs have always been my trouble spot. I feel so disproportionate, I wear a medium on top and a 12 on the bottom. So dont feel like you're alone. One way to put how far we have come into persepective is take an old preop pair of pants and compare them with a new one, I took a picture and it really made me realize that even though its no where near where I want to be I have come a long way!

Thanks again for starting the challenge! and good luck, you have done an amazing job so far!

175.9 on the scale this morning. My goal is to make it to the 160's for June 18th. Everyone on this thread is doing great!

Nice job, ladies. When you're feeling like you're not where you want to be, remember that I'm still pre-op and still a fatty McFatterson. I will hit my goal for this challenge, so I'm trying to focus on the positive. And I'm fairly certain I will hit my personal goal of being down 35lbs by surgery day. I have to be pleased about that.

Board shorts are A GREAT THING.

We have less than a Month to go b4 June 18th, but we all can reach our goals or get fairly close to our goals if we just work hard, get strength from each other & stick to our water & protein plans.

I'll be weighing in this coming Tuesday. I'm trying to weigh in once a week so I don't let the scale discourage me :)

175.3 on the scale this morning. I might make my mini-goal of 172 by Friday of Memorial Day weekend. If not, I am still pleased. I hope that everyone has had a wonderful weekend and a great week ahead!

159 as of this morning! woo-hoo! buh-bye 160's hello 150's! I have not seen that number since middle school! Seeing my trainer again tomorrow! Making these appointments are really keeping me on track with the exercise! Congrats on all of our accomplishments so far!

159 as of this morning! woo-hoo! buh-bye 160's hello 150's! I have not seen that number since middle school! Seeing my trainer again tomorrow! Making these appointments are really keeping me on track with the exercise! Congrats on all of our accomplishments so far!

congrats, that is so awesome! must feel amazing!

174.6 today and I tell ya 173 still feels forever away. I swear my loss with my band is slowest of slows..but I will take it :)

Still 171 here... TOM, sso I'm not upset at all... we are all doing great!!!

I woke up 2 lbs below goal and have only missed one day of workouts, so I'm calling it official. I owned this challenge. I suppose I should have tried for something more challenging, but at the time I could not lose and it was a challenge. I think I was in a stall. Anyway, I have another goal of 7 more pounds.

GL ladies

I woke up 2 lbs below goal and have only missed one day of workouts, so I'm calling it official. I owned this challenge. I suppose I should have tried for something more challenging, but at the time I could not lose and it was a challenge. I think I was in a stall. Anyway, I have another goal of 7 more pounds.

GL ladies

FANTASTIC!!!!! Have a great day everyone!!!

Hi all - I had some time to kill before leaving for work and found this thread. You are all doing amazing. Having a short term goal seems to be working for all of you.

Is is too late for me to join in. Just under 4 weeks to June 18th. It's not anything special to me like a wedding or vacation, but the opposite. My son is graduating from high school this week and we are moving June 10th, plus my birthday was last week, so I have had and will have many reasons to "cheat" over the next month and I need some additional motivation not to.

This morning I was 220.0. I've been losing a little over 10 pounds a month, so I'd like to make my goal 209. I know that's really aggresive, but I had cake yesterday, a small piece that I didn't even finish, but I know I CAN'T do this and need the push. Exercise is not my thing, so I'm going to add an additional goal of 45 minutes with Wii Fit Plus - 4 days per week. Yikes, I wanted to write 3 days but that sounded so wimpy next to all your gym time, so I'll push it to 4, whish is 3 more times a week than I've been averaging over the last month.

Oh, and one last goal is I'd like to stop weighing myself every day. I'm addicted. So, since I got on the scale this morning, I'm going to try and only weigh in 3 tmes a week, Mondays, Wesdnesdays and Fridays - that would be a start to break my addiction.

Have a great week everyone!

Ronnie - of course you are welcome to join!

Heatherr - that is AWESOME! Congrats!

missamy - thanks for the empathy. Yeah, when I'm feeling down I do try to concentrate on the progress I've made. Yesterday I wore a size 10 dress to church (don't talk to me about vanity sizing, I can't hear you :P ) and that felt pretty good.

I'm still at 171. Only four pounds down since I started the challenge, but hey. It's still four pounds. Hopefully I'll lose a few pounds this week before I head into TOM week next week. Bleck.

Have a great week everyone!

Welcome, Ronnie!

Woohoo on the size 10!

Small goals are good. Heck, I'm still pre-op. <sigh> Every pound off is one less I have to lose post-op.

So this morning I was at 199.4lbs. Not surprised I haven't really lost since Thursday... my body is still adjusting to being back from my trip and I have not gotten to go to the gym :( I go back to my regular schedule today.

Plus my insomnia has reared it's ugly head again. 2 hours of sleep does not help. Hopefully this bout will not last long.