BamsGirl

Throw up??

36 posts in this topic

Here is the latest on Dixie. So far the nausea is "under control" with medication. She is taking Reglan (nausea) 2-3 times a day and Pantoprazole (antacid) twice a day. She will have some days when she is nauseous and it is mostly in the morning. The motility test is mostly normal. Here's the thing, her nausea is not food related. She was at her worse when she wasn't eating anything at all. We met with another surgeon today at the original surgeons request to get another set of eyes on the situation. Hopefully another meeting with her surgeon and then the reverse. Thanks for following. I will post more when we find out. 

So frustrating and awful! I hope things get sorted out for Dixie soon - it sounds like she's been through the wringer! My thoughts are with you both. 

It's so nice to have an update from you, Tom. I wish it were a happier one. Dixie's been on my mind. She has to be so tired of this. I'm interested in what the other surgeon has to say. Please continue to keep us informed. Hugs to you both.

Holding both you and Dixie in my thoughts for a quick resolution Tom.

Fingers crossed that Dixie is able to find a solution to this mystery. :wub:

Posted (edited)

Current Status: Holding steady awaiting reverse. 

The reverse is approved, and we are waiting to schedule it, hopefully Monday we will have a date. The biggest concern is that the issue is not actually RNY related and continues after the reverse. I don't think that is the case. One thing I noticed is that when she is at her worse there is a lot of snot and saliva. I can usually tell something is about to go down or up for that matter when she reaches for the tissues and constantly blows her nose. It is weird, she will be clear one second and completely stuffed up another. She wasn't like that before the surgery. The usual, when the season changes type of stuff. More to come, thanks for following.   

Tom

Edited by TomR73
NerdyLady likes this

I hope this is the answer. So happy to hear it's approved.  Thank you for the update. I want you two to have relief!

@TomR73 I hope that the surgery date is scheduled asap! Please let Dixie know we are cheering her on. 

Hello everyone.

I wanted to fill you all in on the happenings with Dixie's RNY. She had the reverse on Aug 2nd. The surgery went well and she stayed in the hospital for 2 nights. After arriving home, resting for a few more days she started throwing up again. On top of this one of her incisions was not healing correctly, It had formed a seroma. The Dr. said it would go away on its own, it didn't. It eventually got worse and landed her back in the emergency room, pain was unbearable. No one at the ER wanted to touch it, they kept saying the surgeon had to do it. It finally broke open on it's own and leaked out. At this point we knew it was infection, based on the color of the fluid leaking out. This was on a Sunday night early Monday morning. Someone from the surgeon's office finally showed up on Tuesday.  They cut the incision open and cleaned it and packed it with gauze to wick out any fluid buildup until the would healed. We have been taking care of this for about 2 weeks now. The wound is getting better and smaller.

Dixie is feeling like her old self and is back to an active life. Her nausea has almost completely gone away. We are testing what she can and can't handle eating. I feel that as time passes the options will open up more. Sometimes when she eats she will know that it didn't sit well and have to stop and take break for a while. 

Thank you all for your support, prayers and well wishes.

Tom

NerdyLady and tracyringo like this

Thanks for the update, @TomR73. So happy the reversal has gotten Dixie back to her old self. So sorry it has been such a long, rough road.

Glad to hear she is doing better !   Please give us updates on her condition.