marcus

shot down again but not giving up..

361 posts in this topic

I hope the results turn out great!!!

i passed the psych eval . I am sooooooo happy he almost said no i have to go to 2 years of support groups but can go ahead and have the surgury now .. i know its just a matter of time now . one nutrition class and the sleep study and ill be getting my date for surgury. He had backed against a way ready my results everything he said was negative and he kept bringing up suicidal tendencies I really didnt like that . but I got approved. I Know its real now I can relax and be happy again . THis fight is over . TKO for me .

That's wonderful news Marcus - you're really on your way sweetheart. Congratulations!

Congrats Marcus!

Congrats!

WOW I just read this whole thread. They have put you thru the ringer!!! I'm glad you never gave up. This is so meant to be for you. Can't wait to hear when your date will be. Good luck to you!!!

thanks everyone it is meant to be . =) :P

coming up next is the nutrition class on the 25th and the sleep study consult on the 31st . Man a huge weeight was lifted by passing that psych evaluation . ;)

just ordered a pair of bowflew select tech dumbbellls and the bigest loser bootcamp dvd

the dumbbells were kinda high $350 with free shipping through amazon . I needed some for the house though and Ive seen alot of great reviews.

My class went good they want us all to add a daily dose of b-50 even if its in our multi . Thwey also told us even if you dont get your daily protien at first dont eat more than 3 times a day . They really want us to get it all in in 2 meals a day. Now i just ahve the sleep study consult I hope I dont ahve to do it and im ready for surgury .

celebrate rocks . I sent them an email asking for free shipping on the b-50 so it would be cost effective . paying $8 for shipping a $10 item I couldnt justify . Thay called me personaly and gave me the code for free shipping .

celebrate rocks . I sent them an email asking for free shipping on the b-50 so it would be cost effective . paying $8 for shipping a $10 item I couldnt justify . Thay called me personaly and gave me the code for free shipping .

That is so awesome!!! yay!!!!!! :)

celebrate really does rock I ordered on firday and for it today on monday with free shipping . I also got my bowflex selecttech dumbells . At 5-52.5 lbs each they should do for a while before and after surgury. Ill be ordering a heavy set of kettlebells in the next couple weeks just trying to decide whats going to be too light for me .

up and ready for my sleep study today i hope i dont have to wear a machine for 6 weeks

i also ordered a jumprope ,set of kettlebells,and weight lifting gloves . IM ready to get this all started.

Edited by marcus

:D I made it to the sleep study they just did a consult . they said its 50/50 chance I have sleep apnea so i go back next week to spend the night . after this im ready to get a date set for surgury . hopefully I dont have it .
Aussie H likes this

just ordered a Ninja Master Prep Blender Food Processor

I think it will do most anything i will need done .

Going great -- I'll be hoping for the 50 that says you don't have sleep apnea! :)

OMG Marcus, I didnt realize you were going through all this!! I have some pretty bad psych problems as well, but my process went smoothly. I'm so glad you got past that hurdle. I'm pulling for you, and cant wait for the post that says you have a surgery date!! Keep on truckin!!

ready for my sleep study tomorrow

OMG you really have been put thru the wringer with all the presurgery requirements, but I admire your determination and strength to keep trying and not giving up! I am bipolar but I had no problems getting approved they never said it was a issue and my shrink did my psych-evaluation so I guess I was just lucky. I remember when I had to do sleep study - I found out I had sleep apnea and was issued a machine but it did not prolong my surgery . I had my gastric bypass 11/30/09 and have lost over 160 lbs in the first year. It helped my self esteem and confidence! Where do you live in Texas? Good luck and I here to help support you also. I has to take my psych meds in liquid form and tablets that dissolved and some I just had to swallow so you can do this. Be sure to let your pharmacist know about your surgery so they can suggest meds that are available in liquid form etc. Have a great day Marcus. You can do this !

LOL I have sleep apnea and have to wear a cpap machine until iI get better . they said I went into a coma like state 19 times last night . They had me hooked up to so many wires and a mask that really didnt fit right . I came home and slept for 6 hours. I got my new machine thought they said hopefully after I wear it for 6 weeks straigt they will consider me for surgury . Just another wall on this journey but im still climbing walls

txgirl im in waco and thanks for the support to everyone on here without this site I would have fallen a long time ago . :D .

Edited by marcus

As I said in PM, at least you know now and everything -will- be safe for when you do have surgery!!! 6 wks will fly by and my prayers are with you for it only having to be 6 wks! Surgery will be here before ya know it, I promise ! :)

Thanks heather out of everyone here you have helped me the most through all of this .

getrting a little more used to the cpap machine . my water keeps running out in the humidifier still . I set it back to 65 tonight . they started me on 80 and last night i tried 70 . my hardest thing is i cant sleep on my back I have always slept best on my stomach or on my side . now there is no way to sleep on my stomach and when i go on my side I get woken up pretty quick with a loud leak on the mask . I fell back to sleep pretty quick last night though . I still had a 4 hour nap this afternoon I was so tired I blinked and was out cold till dinner . It will get better with time.

Congratulations on being so close to getting your surgery. I just read your thread, it just shows how things always turn out for the better, even if they take longer than expected :)

It's a good thing they found out about the sleep apnea, so you can be safe. I can see how that machine can be annoying though (: