marcus

shot down again but not giving up..

you should be able to transfer your records over to the new hospital and they should count. I agree to go to the new seminar because it is a new doctor. ask medicare if you can transfer your records and how to do that. you have already begun the journey and have lost some weight so that should count.

good luck!!!1

I has a nightmare last night . I dreamed that I drank too much and that someone handed me a cigarette and I smoked it . Then as a sobered up I remembered I cant smoke and I think I gave myself a real panic attack . I woke up and could barely breath and felt sick . It will be a month this week since I last smoked. It was actually easier than I ever thought it would be to stop . My nerves are still a bit messed up but I dont crave anything. I thank god it was just a dream though . B)

Edited by marcus

Just got back from my primary doc. This should be the end of my 6mos supervised. He faxed it over to the hospital . We were both unsure if his notes were sufficient for what medicare will require . He added a bunch of graphs and bloodwork stuff. Ill find out for sure when I go see the surgeon in 2 weeks . Everything looks good so far this go round . :P

Edited by marcus

Congrats, Marcus...I'm so happy for you!

Thanks . I just got my intake packet in the mail . I filled out all the forms . Just a little worried about the ?s about mental illness. Dont want a repeat. I did talk to the surgeon and the nurses and everyone acted like everything was ok at the seminar. Hopefully I'm just worrying too much . :blink:

Edited by marcus

Well just got a call from the hosptial out of the 6mos the doctor submitted they will only accept 3 months due to lack of notation. So now I got another 3 mos supervised to do. :o

Edited by marcus

Well, rather than being frustrated about it.. consider it three more months to get as healthy as possible to prepare your body for surgery. .. it'll go by quickly, trust me.

Thanks for the bright outlook on it . I know will go quick . Im just worried now he will do it again . When I started this I told him exactloy what I needed done for it to count and he still didnt do it . Ill just have to see though .

I couldnt take that as an answer . I went back up to the doctors office and asked why he cant do his job when I showed him how to do it like he was 5yrs old. Long story short They got ahold of the hospital and explained it wasnt my fault and they are letting them add more notes in and see if it will pass this time . They were too booked to do it today so I will find out next week . Oh yea he didnt even sent them todays visit so Im 99% sure I'm atleast down to 2 mos. hopefully done . I still have 2 mos to wait for the psych eval anyway . B)

Edited by marcus

Today has been pretty rough. I expected it to be tough and a real emotional roller coaster after surgury. But being bi-polar and schitzo my nerves have been shot lately . All the craziness today hasnt helped much. I just sit back ,relax,and take a bunch of deep breaths. Panic attacks suck . :blink:

Make sure you get all the paper work your current doctor has, all reports and doecuments, your aproval from your insurance company, so when you see your new Doctor it speeds up the process and they dont have to send for everything. Hang in there this is just a bumb in the road!! U can do it.

Yea I tried to do that . They wouldnt take any paperwork I had . They said it had to come straight from the doctors office to count . They sent it all over again asap though.

Well I didn't get the call today . Hopefully tomorrow!!!!! :rolleyes:

whooooo hoooooo It looks like the 6mo supervised is good . The said they got it all updated and that they were sending it all over to medicare for approval for surgery. This made my day . :D

OMG you are like steps away from approval!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My fingers are crossed and you are in my thoughts and prayers Marcus!!! I am so happy they said the 6 mo. supervised was good!!! Yay!!! Maybe you will be right on the loser's bench with me around the same time! :)

Thanks I need all the prayers I can get . Its alot easier the further I get along with this process. I too hope we are on the bench around the same time .. :D

Congrats!! How long did they say it will take B4 u will know if U R aproved!

I dont know yet . probably a month at least . I cant get in to do the psych evaluation until august. :o

cant wait till appt tomorrow. I hope to have alot more to share

Edited by marcus

well I went today . THey still havent even looked at my 6mo wieght program. they now want me to do a sleep apnea test. this test machine is booked up another 3 mos . and then next month I see the psych . more hurdles but im still jumpin.

Aww, Marcus.. do you ever feel like they're saying Dance, Marcus Dance!?? Well, keep dancing hon, you'll get there!

Hmm can you ask your doctor for a referral to a different sleep center for the apnea test? Do your homework first. Call around and see what sleep clinics are out there and if they accept medicare AND when the next available appointments are. Find the fastest one, then call your GP and ask for a referral. Just an idea. yes.. youre dancing now babycakes! How does that country song go? I hope you dance.. because it will ALL be worth it. Hang in there.

well I went today . THey still havent even looked at my 6mo wieght program. they now want me to do a sleep apnea test. this test machine is booked up another 3 mos . and then next month I see the psych . more hurdles but im still jumpin.

I am sorry you have to do a sleep apnea test =/ I remember when I had my first consult with my surgeon and NUT and they went through everything, I dodged a lot of bullets but ended up having to have an EGD. The surgeon's office didn't even call for 3 weeks to schedule my EGD and it was almost a month out from when they called! Waiting is no fun :( If you aren't able to get in anywhere else for the sleep study, ask them to put you on their cancellation list, they can notify you if someone cancels their appointment and you can get bumped up! People do it ALL the time! My fingers are crossed, you were in my thoughts all morning!! At least you know it's positive so far, didn't get any 'no's :) And the other positive-- your one appt. is in August, right? So then your sleep study, at the latest would be the following month in September, so not too much later to wait!!!!

Edited by NewMeNow2010

yea they are supposed to call if someone cancels its a machine I will use at home and they only have a limited amount . I did get the psych eval scheduled for next month due to someone canceling very lucky there . Im staying positive or trying anyway. They told me to go ahead and start taking suppliments again so I think its all ok so far just extra steps with the study.