jessie

Questions regarding Staple line disruption

4 posts in this topic

I am three years out from my gastric bypass and am basically doing well, but my surgeon is in some major trouble and I did not have very much info when I did this surgery and definately not enough follow up care and think I have disrupted the staple line. How can I know this for sure and does anyone know the complications? I was 400 lbs. And now am 180 but I was down to 140 at one point. I am scared I have done something wrong with this surgery unknowingly, and after talking to some people who have done this recently I am realizing that I just did not have the information I needed. I am not sure I want to go through another surgery but need to know if I could possibly be in trouble with this as a possible complication. just not sure what to do. Thanks for any input!!! Jessie:) :)

Try to get a refferal to another bariatric surgeon to follow up with your concerns. I believe they can do an x-ray to see where the staples are.

Jessie, on a few occasions I have thought that I must have ripped open my staples because I felt like I was eating more. But that never lasted for long and within a few days I was right back to my 'normal' eating habits of not being able to eat much at all. But I'd see a dr. if I were you, they can probably tell by looking at an x-ray.

I have never heard of this. If the staples come loose does the food you eat leak into your abdominal cavity?? I would think you would get sick or a fever or something if that happened? Let me know.....I am curious.

Jim