• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jessie

jessie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 09:08 PM

I am three years out from my gastric bypass and am basically doing well, but my surgeon is in some major trouble and I did not have very much info when I did this surgery and definately not enough follow up care and think I have disrupted the staple line. How can I know this for sure and does anyone know the complications? I was 400 lbs. And now am 180 but I was down to 140 at one point. I am scared I have done something wrong with this surgery unknowingly, and after talking to some people who have done this recently I am realizing that I just did not have the information I needed. I am not sure I want to go through another surgery but need to know if I could possibly be in trouble with this as a possible complication. just not sure what to do. Thanks for any input!!! Jessie:) :)

#2 lealphachienne

lealphachienne

TT Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,105 posts
  • LocationTucson, AZ
  • Surgeon:Dr. Potts
  • Hospital:Pomerado
  • Height (ft-in):5-03
  • Start Weight:235
  • Current Weight:150
  • Goal Weight:125
  • Body Mass Index (BMI):27
  • Surgery Date:05/28/2004
  • Surgery Type:Gastric Bypass

Posted 17 November 2005 - 10:24 PM

Try to get a refferal to another bariatric surgeon to follow up with your concerns. I believe they can do an x-ray to see where the staples are.
Marie
TT Gym Rat #25
A single bracelet does not jingle
www.nochilddiesalone.org
http://www.facebook.com/NCDAInc

#3 jeanie51

jeanie51

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 09:45 AM

Jessie, on a few occasions I have thought that I must have ripped open my staples because I felt like I was eating more. But that never lasted for long and within a few days I was right back to my 'normal' eating habits of not being able to eat much at all. But I'd see a dr. if I were you, they can probably tell by looking at an x-ray.

#4 sbjim5755

sbjim5755

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 10:22 AM

I have never heard of this. If the staples come loose does the food you eat leak into your abdominal cavity?? I would think you would get sick or a fever or something if that happened? Let me know.....I am curious.

Jim
Jim
Post Op Lap Gastric Bypass on 10/27/05
Weight - 371/336/169/170
pre-op/surgery/current/goal
202 Pounds Gone Forever!!!!!!:)
Plastics Surgery (Belt Lipectomy) - on April 2nd