jumping_dolphin

nausea and peppermint tea

6 posts in this topic

So someone told me to try hot peppermint tea for nausea or a pissy pouch.. I'd just like to share with everyone that it REALLY seems to help me tummy when its not feeling happy. If your not feeling good, give it a try! Also, warm tea with ginger sprinkled in also seems to do the trick. Thanks to whoever told me that, I can't find my original post and dunno where it went!:)

It does indeed ... when I was newly post op I sipped on peppermint cordial for my severe trapped gas pain and it certainly eased it ...

I'm always spouting off about the benefits of peppermint tea for nausea and upset stomach.

I like using spearmint too - I have huge patches of both in the garden to use fresh during late spring through to the first frost and I dry it for winter use.

Ginger is another really good thing for nausia/upset tummy too:

Buy a small "hand" of fresh ginger, peel it and chop it into 1" chunks and freeze in a small zip lock baggie.

Grate about a teaspoon into a mug, pour on boiling water and let it steep for a few minutes. Add sweetner to taste - sip while still hot.

Makes a good cold drink in the summer too.

Herbal teas in various forms really got me through the first few weeks! I have almost the entire range of Clipper teas, my favourite is Green Tea with Lemon, it's so soothing and lovely, and sometimes I grate a little fresh ginger in there.

The white tea with peppermint is absolutely lush :)

Our Drinks : Clipper - Natural, Fair And Delicious Teas, Coffees And Infusions

All my pouch will tolerate right now is peppermint hot tea, apple cider, and milk.

I drink peppermint tea daily. I also add skim milk and powdered milk to the tea for more protein.