• Surgeon:Dr Daniel Fang
  • Hospital:St Lukes
  • Start Weight:278
  • Current Weight:215
  • Goal Weight:154
  • Body Mass Index (BMI):46.1
  • Surgery Date:08/31/2010

Posted 01 January 2011 - 07:44 PM

Well I am 4 months out of Surgery and I hate to say it still fighting with what my body will allow me to eat.. First Thing- The Smell of any bread makes me sick, Chicken of any kind is a Big NO NO and so is Turkey... So the Holidays were not a worry about Gaining so much as just making it through them!! Glad they are over..... Any Milk product (IE: Cream of Mushroom, Cottage Cheese) and Commence the Dumping for almost a full day! I have however found that Black Olives, Marinated Artichokes, And freshly cooked Salmon simmered in aluminum and home made Sauce in an oven has become almost a daily Staple.... Del Monte has light canned fruit with almost half the sugar than the regular cans and I eat that as well.... I have had some issues with Potassium loss and have had to resort to V-8 juice almost daily since it has a lot of potassium and according to what I have read Potassium pills have some Ulcer effects and well I do not want to make the one I have already worse!! V-8 makes me feel 90% better when I drink it too!! Just a little help for some of us if you need.. I still can't eat rice which is ok... But I can say I have begun to worry that my weight loss is extremely rapid even for bariatric surgery since I eat far less than I should due to being sick way to much all the time... I have been on Carafate 4 times a day for 4 months and Vicoden Daily for a month now due to other Medical issues not related directly with the surgery so they say!! Not to sure about that but most days I wish I could reverse the surgery all the time!! :( I know I am still relatively new out but GOD I wish it would just get easier already!! just a bad night sorry for the complaining!!

Posted Image

#2 suebry05

suebry05

TT Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,195 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Surgeon:Dr. Kim
  • Hospital:Celebration Health
  • Height (ft-in):5-04
  • Surgery Date:12/09/2008
  • Surgery Type:Gastric Band

Posted 02 January 2011 - 04:39 PM

I am 25 months out with LAPBAND and I can not eat rice, bread, pasta, sausage, pork...soooo somethings may be a no no for much longer than others- but I have learned to cook foods that do work for me in many different ways. Have you discussed the possibility of a stricture with your doctor? or discussed how often you are getting sick.....

Also at 4 months I was not allowed to eat pasta, breads, carbs at all for that matter...so perhaps you are pushing your pouch too much too fast...

do you drink protein drinks...you will ache if you are losing as fast as you sound you are and you are not getting in nutrients- your body is gonna take it from your bones and wherever else it can find it- leaving you feeling crappy

call your doctor...

good luck
Surgery 12/09/08
Plastics 4/21/2011

TT Gym rat club member #141

Susan Campanile Harrison on Facebook!!!

#3 foxywench

foxywench

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Surgeon:Dr. Choi
  • Hospital:Danbury Hospital
  • Start Weight:350
  • Current Weight:230
  • Goal Weight:165
  • Surgery Date:09/15/2010

Posted 02 January 2011 - 04:53 PM

is your current weight correct? if not whats your current weight? 63lbs in 4 months is actually a good rate of loss...and i wouldnt be too worried.

im 3 1/2 months out there abouts and have some similar issues, i cant do full fat or even 2% milk, cream based soups are out. bread even toasted makes me foam imediatly, it feels like a rock was placed in my pouch
white meat chicken or turkey doesnt work...i have found dark meat to sit much happier btu even then i need some kind of "sauce" with it (be it a bit of gravy or tomatoes ect...)

i think theres alot of things ill never be able to comfortably eat again, its just like henry turns around and says "oh hell no lady" and thats ok.

if your realy worried, id definatly say call your surgeon
my surgeons goal for the 3 month mark was 60-75lbs i see her on wednesday and as of last weds lost around 70lbs, hoping i hit that last 5 by weds lol

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Welcome to the Zoo!

start: 350
pre-op: 318 9/15/2010
CURRENT: 230 02/03/2010
goal 1: 250 WOOT!
goal 2: 200

Ultimate goal: 150

#4 Annie30

Annie30

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Surgeon:Dr Alan Posner
  • Hospital:Buffalo General
  • Height (ft-in):5-03
  • Start Weight:270
  • Current Weight:178
  • Goal Weight:128
  • Surgery Date:10/13/2010
  • Surgery Type:Gastric Bypass

Posted 02 January 2011 - 05:05 PM

I'm 3 months post op and I'm learning which foods bother me as well.I can't eat alot yet usually just a little of this and that.Chicken doesn't bother me,ham hasn't but to be honest I haven't tried a whole lot of things yet.I guess I'm a little afraid to since I'm just starting to relax (since its been quite the ordeal/journey).We're still at our trial & error period so I wouldn't worry too much.Take things slow and if it still bugs you call your doc. :) Best of luck!

#5 Darkhalf75

Darkhalf75

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Surgeon:Dr Daniel Fang
  • Hospital:St Lukes
  • Start Weight:278
  • Current Weight:215
  • Goal Weight:154
  • Body Mass Index (BMI):46.1
  • Surgery Date:08/31/2010

Posted 02 January 2011 - 07:50 PM

I can't drink the Protien Drinks without Vomiting and having Dumping Syndrome... So I have been supplimenting the Protien the best I can!! As for a possible stricture it is possible but I lost my insurance and now on a new one I have to call my insurance to find out if my surgeon is covered tomorrow... If not I will have to utilize my primary care provider.. I can't eat Poultry meats at all it seems, and have only tried Ramen noodles as far as Pasta goes... I can tell there is something not right at least in my opinion and will be getting it looked into.. I have not been told by my Md that I should not have Carbs or Meat or Pasta... I was advised to try what I can and what works stick with it. Yes my current weight is my accurate weight

Posted Image