DreaminOfMe

Feels like I got a lump in my chest

10 posts in this topic

When I drink / eat I often feel like I have a lump in my chest and it hurts! I feel like I just NEED to burp and I will feel better. I am eating really slow and drinking really slow. . . and still the "lump" comes. Does anyone know what may be causing this or how to get it to stop.

Tia,

Emily

You might want to contact your doctor to rule out a possible stricture.. you're at the prime time to start getting them and would be my first thought.. in any case, you should contact your doctor.

Thanks.

I called my dr. waiting for a call back.

will update later.

This happens to me sometimes but only when I swallow to big of a bite even if it is chewed really well or if I eat to much. Hope you hear back from your doctor soon. Michelle

I had this problem for over nine weeks before I figured out it was the way I was sitting while eating / drinking. Thanksgiving was the first time I'd eaten at a table since surgery and found that sitting up straight made it so the lump never came. Seems silly looking back to not have thought of that but maybe adjust how you are sitting? A little further forward / back?

I'm having this problem for the first time tonight, it's miserable. It's the first time I've eaten and gotten sick. It feels like a giant lump right in the middle of your chest moving into your back and shoulders. I'll be interested in what your Doctor tells you.

I am 3 weeks out and pace the floors after just some water causes this horrible bubble feeling like I need the biggest burp ever. It is very uncomfortable! Would love to hear what Dr. says!

My Dr's nurse called and said that I am still early out and their is still lots of swelling and advised me to chew chew chew take smaller bites and go back to mostly liquids for a little while to allow the swelling to go down some more.

I still get the lump & extreme urge to burp sometimes with the liquid ... I am going to pay more attn to the way I am sitting when the lump comes and see if that has anything to do with it.

Hope this finds everyone well

Emily

I get the same thing. I believe my problem is I either eat to fast or don't take small enough bites.

Jackie

I think my biggest problem is that it even happens with liquids that I take in slowly. I am not keeping up well with my protein or fluids because of this and am SO weak today. Miserable.