• Announcements

• John

Community Guidelines   09/15/2015

A reminder that we have a general set of guidelines that are available at http://www.thinnertimesforum.com/guidelines/. If you have any questions or concerns, you may express them to me or a Community Leader directly. Thank you,
      John Callery
harlessgals

Stomach Pain/Spasms & Middle of the Night Vomitting

8 posts in this topic

I had RNY Gastric Bypass on 5/3/10, 7 months ago. I have lost 65 pounds. For the past 3 weeks I have been experiencing stomach uncomfortablity after eating. Even after eating just 1/2 cup of cottage cheese. I have no appetite for food and quite literally have to force myself to eat. Additionally, I am awakened in the night 1-2 times per night with stomach spasms and pain that keeps me awake for a couple of hours. I also vomit (dry heave) every night.

The pain is in my pouch right under my left rib cage. Sometimes at night the pain goes through to my back.

Prior to these episodes I took a 10-day cruise where I did find it hard not to overeat. I vomitted frequently the first part of the cruise until I got the hang of eating on vacation. I also consumed alcoholic beverages on the cruise - about 2 per day.

What could be wrong with me? I know I need to contact my doctor, but I keep thinking it will go away soon. I've switched myself back to a mostly soft diet and am eating very little.

Also, I had stopped my protein shakes about a month ago and have started those back up. I've been very tired which is very unusal since I've been so energetic since losing some weight. I am taking all my vitamins each day.

Does anyone have any insight into what might be happening to me?

Thanks,

Laura

Well, you are absolutely corret, you have to contact your doctor. Its not normal that you are having all the pain and vomitting, so contact the doc in the morning! Having ongoing pain for 3 weeks is not something you should have to deal with. Let us know how you do! :)

It sounds like it may be Gallbladder to me. All the symptoms are possible with the gallbladder being bad. I would check with the doctor right away. Michelle

My doctor scheduled me for an endoscopy next week to see what is going on inside. I'll post more later when they figure it all out.

Laura

that is your gallbladdeer. sounds like stones to me but go the the hospital or doc asap

How are you feeling Laura? Any change?

I had my endoscopy today and honestly I'm glad I did. Turns out I have a 12mm ulcer right as my pouch meets the intestine. They aren't sure what caused it as I've been really good following the "rules". They are doing a biopsy, apparently there is something called H Poari (sp?) that can cause this.

Anyway I'm on 2 medications for 8 weeks and then another EGD in 10 weeks to see if things are better.

Here's a question and I forgot until tonight about this. But on my recent cruise I took Dramamine. Is Dramamine considered a NSAID? Is it on our no-no list?

I almost talked myself out of getting the EGD, thinking I'm overreacting. Remember everyone, listen to your body. Weird stuff and pain means something that should be checked sooner rather than later.

I am 10 weeks post op and don't see how anyone thats had gastric bypass surgery can eat 1/2 cup of food. I can hardly get 1/4 cup down. Will this change over time?