John

Winter activities and recreation

Hi,

Hiking -- in my neck of the woods the bugs are a problem in the warmer months, so cool-weather hiking is a joy.

Cycling -- outdoors, no spinny stuff. Fresh air and sunshine.

Walking the dogs. Good for me; good for the heelers.

I can relate. I have two heelers myself!

Wow, that ski flying is just awesome, I think I swore a few times as they glided between the rock ledges! Just too cool!

I just got a new treadmill and love the ability like today while it is pouring outside to get an hour of hard hiking and hill work in!

I read yesterday that true physical fitness means being able to walk a mile in 18 minutes and not be winded. I did my mile in 16 minutes without breathing hard-I did have a slightly sweaty brow but barely got my wind going. So, I feel good about that but I did shovel snow many days for hours this winter on top of my daily exercise of mucking stalls for two to three hours and tennis and walking.

Now if I could only get the scale to drop south again...

Wow, that ski flying is just awesome, I think I swore a few times as they glided between the rock ledges! Just too cool!

I just got a new treadmill and love the ability like today while it is pouring outside to get an hour of hard hiking and hill work in!

I read yesterday that true physical fitness means being able to walk a mile in 18 minutes and not be winded. I did my mile in 16 minutes without breathing hard-I did have a slightly sweaty brow but barely got my wind going. So, I feel good about that but I did shovel snow many days for hours this winter on top of my daily exercise of mucking stalls for two to three hours and tennis and walking.

Now if I could only get the scale to drop south again...

Your scale will drop more, Phatlady. I'm betting on it. Mine is dropping again after holding still a good part of the winter. I'm now down to 163 and I believe I'll get to the 150s. Yipes!

Oh. So jealous. Laureate!!! But congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

How is the beau going, BTW???? Getting chased around? LOL....

That gets your heart rate up....

Oh. So jealous. Laureate!!! But congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

How is the beau going, BTW???? Getting chased around? LOL....

That gets your heart rate up....

Hey there. Just spent the better part of the weekend with McDreamy. Yes, he does get the heart rate up, and I believe that's contributing to the extra weight loss. I was down three pounds by the time I came home. <grin>

Shucks, Laureate, that grin on your face has me blushing! Glad to know your time with McDreamy is productive on the weight loss front. Not gonna say another word about it but that is quite a grin you have going...!!!

Hey there. Just spent the better part of the weekend with McDreamy. Yes, he does get the heart rate up, and I believe that's contributing to the extra weight loss. I was down three pounds by the time I came home. <grin>

Shucks, Laureate, that grin on your face has me blushing! Glad to know your time with McDreamy is productive on the weight loss front. Not gonna say another word about it but that is quite a grin you have going...!!!

<GRIN>

Running in the snow...it is the most peaceful time that I know of to run. If it is something that you have not experience before, I highly suggest it. And Exerstriding in the snow as well. Using walking poles really kicks my workout up a notch!

Coach Stacey

I can't do outdoor exercise in the winter because I have Raynaud's, so I've taken to using my town's indoor heated pool. Even though I'm not a strong swimmer, I can do resistance exercise by walking as fast as possible in chest-high water.

I was just discussing this topic with my husband ! I was wondering what things I could do this winter to keep in check with my work out post op.

gonna make a list of some of the things mentioned.

We're heading towards summer here but skiing is one of the many reasons I want wls. I love skiing and haven't been able to ski up to my ability for about ten years now. I still go but would love to go skiing when sitting on the chairlift for a rest isn't so important to me! I would also love to be able to walk into a ski shop and buy an outfit in the women's section. It is so long since I could do that. The biggest ski clothes for women here are about a size 14 which is a US size 10. I love that feeling like you are flying when skiing. I would love to improve my skiing rather than hope I don't fall over as not sure if I can get up again!

Snow shoeing!!

2 hours ago, twinspiration said:

Snow shoeing!!

Once I lost my excess weight, it was really great to go snow shoeing in northern Vermont last winter. I cannot believe how much fun I had missed for so many years when I was overweight.