SoniaT4

Question about test results

7 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

I have taken the series of blood work and urine tests ordered by my wls doctor. My pcp called friday called and said all my blood work results were back except for the h-pylori test. All the tests were normal except I have a vitamin defincy which my doctor perscribed 6 vitamin d pills for.

I got a call from my pharmacy and my pcp has prescribed me 2 antibiotics and omeprazole because my results for h-pylori came back positive. The course of antibiotics are for 2 weeks. I still have my pysch and nut appointments and a few more things to go before I get to schedule my surgery.

From what I have read on h-pylori a two week course of antibiotics usually takes care of that. So if thats the case what effects does this have when going thru the process of wls and once it is cleared up will it be a factor in going forward with my wls?

Thanks so much in advance for helping me with these questions.

It shouldn't. Just take the medication. They will probably retest you and you should be fine from there.

Thanks so much! I am so ready to get started on my weight loss journey.

I bet you are. It always stinks when something pops up and you aren't expecting it. Thankfully H Pylori isn't a big deal. A lot of people have it. I did too. I took the medication and everything was fine. Best of luck to you.

Thank you so much.

I also had the h-pylori and after the 2 week treatment of antibiotics I had to have a scope done just to make sure I didn't have ulcers, everything came out good so don't worry just take the meds and carry on

I started on meds for the h-pylori yesturday. I take them twice a day for 10 days. My mind is more at ease now. I've got a few more things to get done before moving on to a surgery date so 10 days won't be a big deal.