YvetteRene

Thinking about a new scale

14 posts in this topic

So I'm bored with my scale. I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I just want a new one. LOL

Does anyone have any suggestions for a new scale? I know that I want it to be digital. The one I have now rounds to half a pound. I think I might want one that goes every tenth of a pound. And, of course, I don't want to break the bank buying one. About $50 would be okay if it's impressive.

P.S. How do I become a scale #!@$%???

Here's some to look at:

[url="http://www.nextag.com/personal-weight-scales/shop-html/

I currently have a Taylor digital that was under $25 I believe. I ordered mine from the Internet and then a few weeks later I was at my local Kohl's store and there it was along with others. Wal-Mart might have a selection also.

Hey,Yvette:

I've had a Taylor digital glass scale for about two years. I like it and it's fairly accurate. I just had to replace the battery about a week ago. The replacement battery was easily found at Target.

Id like a scale that just moves down and doesnt just stay the same ;)

I wish I wasnt such a scale addict it does my head in ... but better weighing more now to know where you are .

I didnt weigh myself for years as I just didnt want to believe I was so big I guess ...

Good luck with the purchase x

I just ordered it based on the look and reviews. I have a 25-year-old scale ... one of those "Bigfoot" models. The sleeker new scale will remind me of the sleeker new me.

Hey,Yvette:

I've had a Taylor digital glass scale for about two years. I like it and it's fairly accurate. I just had to replace the battery about a week ago. The replacement battery was easily found at Target.

I also got bored with my old scale. So, I purchased also purchased a Taylor digital glass scale from Wal-mart last month.

Thanks for all the replies. I have a Taylor model right now. No real problems with it. I guess I just want something different. It is starting to give me trouble a little bit. Like I'll get on and get one number and then get back on and get a different number. Plus, like I said, I think I want one that is a little more detailed and not weighing every half a pound. I really appreciate that you guys took the time. :)

Laureate, did you get the glass one or the black one?

What about the Quantum scale?? Instead of telling you how much you weigh, it tells you how much you've lost :D

Weight Tracking Scale, Tracking Weight Loss - Quantum Scales

I believe its also sold at Bed Bath & Beyond

What about the Quantum scale?? Instead of telling you how much you weigh, it tells you how much you've lost :D

Weight Tracking Scale, Tracking Weight Loss - Quantum Scales

I believe its also sold at Bed Bath & Beyond

This is definitely interesting, but I think I want to know how much I weigh. I do know a few people who would absolutely love it! Do you have one, Ethan?

This is definitely interesting, but I think I want to know how much I weigh. I do know a few people who would absolutely love it! Do you have one, Ethan?

Nah I just have a basic digital scale

Thanks for all the replies. I have a Taylor model right now. No real problems with it. I guess I just want something different. It is starting to give me trouble a little bit. Like I'll get on and get one number and then get back on and get a different number. Plus, like I said, I think I want one that is a little more detailed and not weighing every half a pound. I really appreciate that you guys took the time. :)

Laureate, did you get the glass one or the black one?

The glass. It looks quite elegant in the pictures (and a video I watched.) Should get it by late next week.

I went with an Omron Full Body Sensor Body Fat and Body Composition Monitor scale. It's got a bunch of bells & whistles I don't use much just yet, but I think once I get my surgery & start losing, I'll be much more interested in tracking weight over time, percentage of body fat, etc.

Right after I bought my scale, they came out with ones that automatically tweet out your weight to the internet. Not sure I'd want that, but it's certainly good motivation. :-x

I have been looking for a scale too. I wish there was one that would be like "good job...you lost __lbs...keep up the good work" or if you gained it would cuss me out! hahahaha.

seriously though I need to find a nice cheap digital one!!