Belle78

The gurgles...

18 posts in this topic

Does anyone else's stomach gurgle really loud and often? It doesn't seem to matter if I am just drinking or if I ate, though it does get worse when I eat, it just always gurgles. Before I got laid off from work it was kind of embarrassing because it's so loud sometimes. My husband says it sounds like a sink draining sometimes. Will this ever go away????

My intestines are still very vocal - not as bad as as it was but it still gurgles away to itself.

Bedtime seems to be the worse.

The the upside for me is that it's my signal to eat because I still have no sensation of hunger.

Yeppers, I am days away from being 8 months out. My husband says it sounds like rusty pipes.

My stomach talks whenever and for some odd reason 8 months out--still makes me giggle:)

Yes, my stomach made all kinds of noise early out post op. It was loud and embarrassing. It has calmed down tremendously from the early days, but, yes, it still rumbles.

ill say one thing...

ive never been as gassy in my life as i have been since surgery...

and not nessicarily in the flatuence kind of way...

just LOTs of inner gurgling.

i typically take it as a sign to drink or eat something and that usually calms it down.

Funny how I am reading this right now with my stomach gurgling so darn loud it sounds like a horror movie.

I'm 10 months out, just had some hot tea and my stomach is bouncing around. :eek:

I think with time it may get better, but I'm not expecting it to every really go away.

I had a lot of gurgling when I was first postop. It was so bad. Now that I am at about 14 months postop, it is not as bad.

Does anyone get the gurgles that come up from your pouch? It's almost like a burp, but not.

I may be the only one, but I love the way my stomach gurgles! Mine does it after I eat or drink, not when I'm hungry. :)

I may be the only one, but I love the way my stomach gurgles! Mine does it after I eat or drink, not when I'm hungry. :)

I love my gurgles too. I given myself a nickname, Sparklettes, like the water jug.

Never heard of such a thing prior to surgery. Well isn't that going to be a fun thing to live with. Gurgles and flatulence.

Never heard of such a thing prior to surgery. Well isn't that going to be a fun thing to live with. Gurgles and flatulence.

I'm still pre-op but trying to make gradual changes to my diet. I've noticed my tummy's been vocalizing quite a bit more than regular. I've been eating a lot more high fiber items, increasing my water intake, and taking daily vitamins. Not sure if any of these would contribute but I've read that fiber can cause flatulence. Most of the fiber items also have carbs so I'm thinking that I won't be able to keep a high fiber diet post-op.

I was banded not gb but my tummy rumbles like crazy especially at night and after fluids ...

Im 2 years post and hasnt got better for me .

Guess its part n parcel of our surgeries ...

Does anyone get the gurgles that come up from your pouch? It's almost like a burp, but not.

Yes, it gurgles all the way up, then stops short of escaping out of your mouth.

I can second the gurgles...freaked me out the first time it happened in the hospital. I actually called the nurse in to check me out :P

Man, I was gassy before because of my horrible diet... but it's twice as bad now :o

Yep gurgles like crazy and I also get random hiccups. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to them at all.

I guess it is never going to go away then huh? Maybe quiet down some? if I am lucky. Gosh, when I start interviewing for a job again I am going to probably have to explain that one. I can see my belly answering for me with a gurgle! :o

The gurgles have DEFINITELY been around. Ironically, because of stomach problems pre op, I seemed to experience a lot of gas, both top and bottom but it's seemed to CONSIDERABLY decreased post op.

It's almost comical to be lying in bed with my wife and hear the gurgles. I've also noticed some that before, I was always thirsty at night and had to drink during the night. Now, I'm almost not able to drink during the night which leads me to dry mouth and swamp mouth. I can only take a sip and swish it around my mouth a few times during the night because if I lie down right after a drink, it hurts.