Lileee

What can I do with hummus?

16 posts in this topic

i took a trip to Trader Joe's yesterday to pick up some more FAGE 2% (OMG! that is Sooooooo GOOD!) and while i was there i thought How About Some Hummus... Hmmmmm...? well I HAVE NEVER EATEN HUMMUS...!!! i mean Never EVER...! so i bought some Spinach/Artichoke for my 1st Try because i thought Why Not? i love Spinach AND Artichokes... but when i got home and tasted it, i was like YUK at first - but then i put in on a Whole Wheat Ritz and it tasted Better... so today i went back and got some Roasted Garlic Hummus and i LOVE IT!!! i just dont know what to do with it??? can you guys give me some advice on What To Do With Hummus? HOW DO I EAT IT??? i know we are not supposed to eat Bread or Crackers after RNY so WHAT do i do with it...???

Hummus with fresh veggies is my favorite! Especially carrot sticks and peppers. It's also good on a "sandwich"...smear some on a turkey slice, add some cheese, roll it up, and YUM!

Carrie

i took a trip to Trader Joe's yesterday to pick up some more FAGE 2% (OMG! that is Sooooooo GOOD!) and while i was there i thought How About Some Hummus... Hmmmmm...? well I HAVE NEVER EATEN HUMMUS...!!! i mean Never EVER...! so i bought some Spinach/Artichoke for my 1st Try because i thought Why Not? i love Spinach AND Artichokes... but when i got home and tasted it, i was like YUK at first - but then i put in on a Whole Wheat Ritz and it tasted Better... so today i went back and got some Roasted Garlic Hummus and i LOVE IT!!! i just dont know what to do with it??? can you guys give me some advice on What To Do With Hummus? HOW DO I EAT IT??? i know we are not supposed to eat Bread or Crackers after RNY so WHAT do i do with it...???

I had it with a pita chip, but then again i'm 3 yrs out. I tried it for the first time last week and it was good. I think I had roasted garlic hummus. Spinach/Artichoke sounds good too. Google what to serve with hummus and see what is your best option.

WOW,your first try of hummus....what took you so long?LOL They have so many flavors--Mediterranean and spicy artichoke are my favs.

I loved the stuff before surgery but even more so now. I live off it:) Not a lot of protein but yummy.

I eat with thin crackers,make deli roll-ups,by itself,as a dip for just about any kind of meat. I especially love to dip gyro meat into hummus.

I eat it all the time. I use sliced up red peppers instead of pita bread. It's basically the only time Im eating anything that is not meat, fish or chicken.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I love it!

Carrot sticks and hummus is my fav snack. Its also lovely on a toasted brown pitta bread or crackers.

I'm a raw veg gal too - zucchini, peppers, celery, carrots and raw mushrooms.

MAJOR problem for me is limiting myself - I could eat a whole tub of Athenos Black Olive Hummus at a time.

Take a look at Sparks - they have a few recipes for hummus and most are lighter in fat that store-bought stuff. It's fun making it with different beans too.

I make my own hummus (you can, too, try it!). Be careful about using bread/crackers - at least to me, scooping hummus on pita bread is totally addictive, and it would be easy to lose track. I'd go with the tips for veggies and meats ... heck, I'll even eat it all by itself!

I make my own hummus (you can, too, try it!). Be careful about using bread/crackers - at least to me, scooping hummus on pita bread is totally addictive, and it would be easy to lose track. I'd go with the tips for veggies and meats ... heck, I'll even eat it all by itself!

Its good if you put a blob of it on a piece of turkey and roll it up with a green onion.

I'm a raw veg gal too - zucchini, peppers, celery, carrots and raw mushrooms.

MAJOR problem for me is limiting myself - I could eat a whole tub of Athenos Black Olive Hummus at a time.Take a look at Sparks - they have a few recipes for hummus and most are lighter in fat that store-bought stuff. It's fun making it with different beans too.

Me toooooooo!

I HATE hummus, but, my wife picked up some roasted garlic hummus the other day, and OMG, that was good

I HATE hummus, but, my wife picked up some roasted garlic hummus the other day, and OMG, that was good

One thing Ive noticed is that things I used to like...even like a lot, I dont like them anymore and vice versa! I never like red peppers, at all....it was the first food I craved when I was still on liquids after surgery. I would sit there and think to myself, "Whats the one thing you wish you could eat?" The answer...red peppers! It was so weird!

So even if you used to not like something, give it a try now! You never know!

my absolute favorite is garlic hummus on garlic triscuits, however, I don't eat too many crackers now days. I also love dipping veggies in hummus and dipping cheddar cheese in it. Yummy! Hummus is also super easy to make with cooked chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice, and tahini (and salt and pepper). It is fantastic and cheap and easy.

I can just eat it plain (yum) or with a slice of turkey.

I'm a veggie and hummous dip fanatic!

I slice up any veggies I have and then make a meal out of them, with a dollop of garlic hummous, another of tsatsiki and I usually make a quick aubergine one too. Just the best! And very satisfying.

I love cold carrot and kohlrabi sticks with just standard hummous, or with one where I've added in kalamata olives...YUM.