• Height (ft-in):5-02
  • Start Weight:250
  • Current Weight:183
  • Goal Weight:140
  • Body Mass Index (BMI):33.5
  • Surgery Date:09/13/2010
  • Surgery Type:Gastric Bypass

Posted 29 September 2010 - 05:14 AM

So I started my stage 3 diet 1 day early. I also did some arm exercises with a fairly heavy weight last night. Today my upper left abdominal area is tender to the touch and I'm very sore. I don't know if I pulled a muscle or sprung a leak. I'm really nervous and was just wondering if anyone knew what a leak is supossed to feel like...:eek:

#2 soon2bthin

soon2bthin

TT Premium Sponsor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,739 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 06:27 AM

I have no idea what a leak feels like, but if you think you have damaged or hurt yourself it would be wise to call your surgeon and get checked out.

Have you got the go ahead to weight lift from your doc as well. Your guts may not be done healing.

#3 Karlos

Karlos

TT Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom
  • Surgeon:Mr Basil Ammori
  • Hospital:Alexander Cheadle Manchester
  • Start Weight:400
  • Current Weight:151
  • Goal Weight:196
  • Body Mass Index (BMI):25
  • Surgery Date:02/07/2009

Posted 29 September 2010 - 06:58 AM

I have no idea, but I reckon the pain from your stomach acid dissolving your abdominal cavity would be fairly intense. I reckon you'd know alright if you had bust your pouch open. As the Bluegrass girl said call your surgeon, and don't forget to tell them you have been lifting weights probably nine weeks early. ;)
H 400 / Curr 151 / Goal 196 / Lost 249 / New Goal 182

My life tomorrow will be the result of my attitudes and the choices I make today

It is a mistake to try to look too far ahead. The chain of destiny can only be grasped one link at a time - Sir Winston Churchill

The commonality between those that think they can and those that think they cant, IS they're both right

Posted Image

#4 Kimberly76

Kimberly76

TT Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts
  • Surgeon:John Birkmeyer
  • Hospital:University of Michigan
  • Start Weight:365
  • Current Weight:177
  • Goal Weight:170
  • Body Mass Index (BMI):26.9

Posted 29 September 2010 - 07:53 AM

16 days post op I was still on a 5 lbs restriction, yep, call the doctors and tell them what you did. Cus lawd knows you don't wanna heria.

hope you're feeling better.

Cheers'

Kimber~
"I'm living life now, not just existing." ~Kimber M.

#5 adelnnyl

adelnnyl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Surgeon:Dr. Jamal
  • Hospital:University of Iowa
  • Height (ft-in):5-03
  • Start Weight:297
  • Current Weight:180
  • Goal Weight:150
  • Body Mass Index (BMI):33
  • Surgery Date:09/01/2010

Posted 29 September 2010 - 08:35 AM

Boo! No fair- I am on liquid still and start stage 2 on october 1st and stage 3 end of october,and my surgery was 13 days before yours-whats up with that? I was also told no lifting over 10 pounds until 6 weeks after surgery. Not sure what a leak feels like but I hope your safe and not rushing things? Be careful...
Start date: November 08'

One year follow up with a doctor finished-June 2010
Approval-July 29 2010
Pre-op-August 20th 2010
Surgery-September 1st 2010

~Future former Ms. fat booty~ :D

#6 teegee16

teegee16

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Surgeon:David Lautz
  • Hospital:Brigham & Womens
  • Start Weight:361
  • Current Weight:334
  • Goal Weight:170
  • Surgery Date:08/23/2010

Posted 29 September 2010 - 09:14 AM

years ago when i had my first procedure i developed a leak 2 days post op and they detected it because i began running a fever. These days leaks are easily fixed but back then they had to reopen the wound (no lap 20 years ago!) and it was pretty dangerous.

#7 momgreen

momgreen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Surgeon:Dr.Wetter
  • Hospital:Mills Peninsula
  • Height (ft-in):5-11
  • Start Weight:265
  • Current Weight:122
  • Goal Weight:160
  • Surgery Date:09/29/2009

Posted 30 September 2010 - 08:05 AM

I had a leak(perforation)that didn't cause me any problems until I was 4 months out from my bypass. I will tell you, it was the most excrutiating pain I have ever experienced. Having had 2 children, naturally, that says something! I told the EMT several times, I would rather be in labor. It was a pain that would not get better, no matter how I positioned myself. It caused me to vomit several times as well. When I got to the hospital, they gave me so many injections of dilaudid, they were afraid I was going to go into respiratory failure. I went in for surgery that night and, they had to do it open. They told me that, unless they know exactly where the leak is, they can't do it lap. They had to pull all my innards out, find the leak, repair it, then flush my intestines to make sure there were no more. I am praying you only pulled a muscle. I wouldn't wish it on the worst of my enemies. Let us know what you find out!
Amy 5'11