mczar251

What does a leak feel like?

7 posts in this topic

So I started my stage 3 diet 1 day early. I also did some arm exercises with a fairly heavy weight last night. Today my upper left abdominal area is tender to the touch and I'm very sore. I don't know if I pulled a muscle or sprung a leak. I'm really nervous and was just wondering if anyone knew what a leak is supossed to feel like...:eek:

I have no idea what a leak feels like, but if you think you have damaged or hurt yourself it would be wise to call your surgeon and get checked out.

Have you got the go ahead to weight lift from your doc as well. Your guts may not be done healing.

I have no idea, but I reckon the pain from your stomach acid dissolving your abdominal cavity would be fairly intense. I reckon you'd know alright if you had bust your pouch open. As the Bluegrass girl said call your surgeon, and don't forget to tell them you have been lifting weights probably nine weeks early. ;)

16 days post op I was still on a 5 lbs restriction, yep, call the doctors and tell them what you did. Cus lawd knows you don't wanna heria.

hope you're feeling better.

Cheers'

Kimber~

Boo! No fair- I am on liquid still and start stage 2 on october 1st and stage 3 end of october,and my surgery was 13 days before yours-whats up with that? I was also told no lifting over 10 pounds until 6 weeks after surgery. Not sure what a leak feels like but I hope your safe and not rushing things? Be careful...

years ago when i had my first procedure i developed a leak 2 days post op and they detected it because i began running a fever. These days leaks are easily fixed but back then they had to reopen the wound (no lap 20 years ago!) and it was pretty dangerous.

I had a leak(perforation)that didn't cause me any problems until I was 4 months out from my bypass. I will tell you, it was the most excrutiating pain I have ever experienced. Having had 2 children, naturally, that says something! I told the EMT several times, I would rather be in labor. It was a pain that would not get better, no matter how I positioned myself. It caused me to vomit several times as well. When I got to the hospital, they gave me so many injections of dilaudid, they were afraid I was going to go into respiratory failure. I went in for surgery that night and, they had to do it open. They told me that, unless they know exactly where the leak is, they can't do it lap. They had to pull all my innards out, find the leak, repair it, then flush my intestines to make sure there were no more. I am praying you only pulled a muscle. I wouldn't wish it on the worst of my enemies. Let us know what you find out!