jjacobs1

1000 Calorie Sample Meal Plan

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I had my doctor send this to me today, I am 6 weeks out I know everyone is on different stages but for anyone who is lost at what to eat here are some ideas. Hope it helps =)

NEW 1000 calorie sample menuREVISED[1].doc

When are you suppose to start eating this much? I am 13 1/2 weeks out and there is NO way I could eat that much at one sitting. I eat a few bites of cottage cheese thru out the day and that is it....

I mean I cant eat that much eaither. Everyone is different. No one should feel like they are wrong for being able to eat what there doctor tells them to eat. I see it all the time on this thread people being like "how the hell do you eat all that" everyones pouch is different. I work out alot so I know when I get home from the gym I am going to be able to get in protein and a few other little things. If I cant I put it back in the fridge and go back to it when I am feeling hungry again.

Edited by jjacobs1

Good thing I like cottage cheese.... huh :P

Other stuff just doesn't seem to want to cooperate.. I try other stuff occasionally, but after looking in the toilet for a month, I don't mind the cottage cheese everyday. lol

Thanks for posting that! I agree with other posters that the meals seem really huge for one sitting (I'm four months post-op). But, I like seeing the foods that were recommended. I can only get down 1/2 cup of food at a time, max, which feels like a lot. But if you took those menus and spread them into more smaller meals, they sound pretty good!

That definitely seems like a meal plan for someone quite a ways out. Many of those meals would be a lot for me to eat now, at 20 months out. I can't imagine anyone eating that much in the first few months.

Kelly