• Announcements

• John

Community Guidelines   09/15/2015

A reminder that we have a general set of guidelines that are available at http://www.thinnertimesforum.com/guidelines/. If you have any questions or concerns, you may express them to me or a Community Leader directly. Thank you,
      John Callery
Jarryd

When can i eat tomatoes?

9 posts in this topic

It will be three weeks tommorow since my gastric bypass surgery when can i eat tomatoes? theyre my favorite!:P

try them out whenever you can eat solid food.

I'm a year and a half out and I still can't eat tomatoes... the skin bothers me unless I peel them and I don't care enough about them to go through the trouble most days.

I was not supposed to have raw veggies until two months post-op but I could have tomato sauce when I started pureed foods. What does your doctor's plan say?

Kelly

Although I was allowed to have tomato sauce early out, my plan didn't allow for raw fruit and veg until 12 weeks post-op.

My doctor told me not until at least 6 weeks. Those little seeds in tomatoes are just as bad for healing sutures as the ones in strawberries, blueberries and kiwi.

I'm bummed as I like tomatoes too!

Tomatoes also have a lot of natural sugars and the acid may be irritating. Might make you dump.

Sorry to bump this old thread. My surgery day is the 17th and I am trying to find some recipes for afterwards. I read the big Wendy's chili recipe that people live off of post-op and was so excited to make it since chili is my fav food. Yesterday I found out from my nut that tomatoes are acidic and can cause ulcers etc and I can't have them for 3 months. Bummer!

I've only been able to eat tomatoes in things, like chili. I tried a fresh cut tomato, and "my midget" was not happy! I hope they will be ok for you :)....

I was able to eat them around 3rd month out, but with slight discomfort. I have no problem with them now.