flabrother

I'm tired of shopping at Casual Male/Big and Tall stores

58 posts in this topic

Old thread, I know, but two weeks ago casual male told me I wasn't big enough. I still need a jacket though...

Old thread, I know, but two weeks ago casual male told me I wasn't big enough. I still need a jacket though...

A winter jacket or a sports jacket? I stopped shopping regular stores years ago and avoided normal stores like the plague. Had to go to a jos a banks a couple months ago to get fitted for a tux for a wedding. They now have a large selection of big and tall suits. Last time I bought suits I had to get them custom made by a tailor. Not a cheap option.

As Americans in general get bigger size availability in “normal” stores has gone up but as many of you know uniformity of sizes is not happening. A cheap Haynes undershirt in 4x is not as big as a 3x Carhartt.
I wear tall’s I have a long torso and I doubt any amount of weight loss is going to change that. Despite having lost 95ish pounds most of my 4XT and 5XT shirts are not falling off me. But I can wear a cheap 2x shirt now. It is snug, but not a stuffed sausage. I was wearing 50 and 52” waist pants under my gut I am now at 46” under my gut.

A winter jacket or a sports jacket?

I found a Carhartt in size L. I still have XL and a few 2XL items that still fit. Some are falls and some are not. There is definitely no size consistency out there anymore.

Fully agreed. I told my wife that one of the things I'm most looking forward to is walking through Target, or any store, and grabbing a shirt off the rack and buying it.

Oh brother, I am with you ALL THE WAY on this! I absolutely HATE Big n Tall, Casual Male, King Size Direct, Rochester and on and on. The clothes are over priced, the brands are unknown and the styles are hideous! The shirts are either golf shirts or Hawaiian prints! Who the heck ever ever told these companies that us big guys wanna look like a Hawaiian tourism billboard? And the men in the catalogs do NOT look 2-3-4x like us! And is it me or do the clearance racks almost always have nothing left but the TALL rather than the BIG? I'm glad for you tall guys but I'm not 7'2"! I am looking forward to the day when I can go into Target and buy a $15 pair of khakis and worry about them fitting! Soon...

Before the surgery, I wore 3XL shirts.  I am now in XL shirts, and I love to put the King Size/Casual Male catalogs directly into the recycling bin.  SCORE!

Magic_t98 and Stephtay like this

Before the surgery, I wore 3XL shirts.  I am now in XL shirts, and I love to put the King Size/Casual Male catalogs directly into the recycling bin.  SCORE!

I wear 3xl shirts now and refuse to shop at any large apparel shops. I'm in 38/40 bottoms do I can get those almost anywhere. There are enough regular places that carry regularly proportioned 3xl tops that I get by and I'm still shrinking although I remain broad in the chest and shoulders department. The last 3xl shirt my wife gifted me from casual male is cut way too generously for my new frame. It's really awesome! Chucking the King Sized Direct catalog brings a smile to my lips everytime.

Raeme likes this