flabrother

I'm tired of shopping at Casual Male/Big and Tall stores

I can't wait to shop at regular stores. Casual Male has gotten way too much money from me over the years. Big and Tall stores are so expensive! I'm really looking forward to the day I will say goodbye and so long to the BIG MAN's store...

I'm with you on that! I only get my casual work clothes there but man they are expensive! The prices are outrageous for cheap clothing material that shrinks and fades! Cant wait to hit up the Polo outlets and normal clothing stores

I'm a Polo addict too hahahaha. Dillard's has amazing sales every 3 months or so and you can find awesome deals on Polo and other name brands like Nautica and Tommy for 75% off. When I finally get down close to where I want to be weight wise, that place is gonna love me lol

Amen brothers, my wife went clothes shopping for me a few days ago and was able to get me some pants at a regular store straight from the rack.

you'll be there soon enough :)

I think the biggest "wow moment" for me was when I realized that I could walk into any store in the mall and find something to wear that fit.

Not only are they poorly made and from bad materials, but the selection is horrible as well. You'd think with as many fat guys there are around that they would put a little more effort into style and design as well. I work in an office all day and I get really tired of having to look pretty much the same every day. And now the last of our local Casual Males is in the process of shutting down. If I do not have the surgery and get int more normal sized clothes soo, I will be in a world of hurt.

I ventured off the beaten path and went to Rochester B/T a couple weeks ago. It was even worse than Casual Male. I picked up a decent looking button down casual shirt and to my surprise it was $140. What made it worse was that I didnt even recognize the brand lol.

I'm just glad we are all on the right path and committed to losing the weight. WE WILL SHOP IN "REGULAR" STORES AND BUY "NORMAL" SIZE CLOTHING EVENTUALLY!!

You will be surprised. This week while I am out recovering I went shopping. I can get into a Women's 2x. I haven't been able to get into a 2x as far back as I can remember. I also started buying 1x clothing because by the end of the summer, if it takes that long, I won't be able to wear the 2x clothes.

Just keep working on it. It really does pay off.

I found out the last jeans I bought back in 1997 fit again. And I can't wait to buy clothes anywhere.

I think all of us agree on the Big and Tall store issue. Have you ever noticed that all of the major department stores carry large womens sizes....but not large men's sizes?

I think all of us agree on the Big and Tall store issue. Have you ever noticed that all of the major department stores carry large womens sizes....but not large men's sizes?

I have....and ALWAYS complained...It is so nice to be able to buy clothes anywhere now only 2.5 months out :)

Even though I am a woman I Loved Shopping there as well. It was the one place i could purchase a name brand shirt that would fit me. I still love to go in there and get myself some big t-shirts. I feel so comfortable in them

I used to love the Casual Male stores because they were the only ones that could fit me. I could find clothes and not feel like a complete freak because there were actually sizes bigger than I needed. The sot per item was very high, but I had to pay or go naked (and nobody wanted to see that!)

It is absolutely amazing to be able to walk into just about any store and buy clothes. I never even looked because I knew they would not fit me, so I was shocked when I saw the prices! A basic pair of jeans at Wal-Mart cost about ten bucks!!!! Not $75 to $100!!! Now, I know that they are not the designer jeans, but c'mon!... $10!!! Unbelievable!

You have some serious fun coming when you reach the point that you can shop in any store!

Best wishes!

I am a little over two months out from my bypass. I was 3X in shirts etc when I started. Last week I went to a Brooks Brothers outlet that was having a 60% off sale. I tried on XL sized shirts and swim trunks and they fit! It is the first time in 20 years I have worn regular sized clothes....damn! The best part was that it was an amazing ego booster for me. After losing 50 pounds I am nowhere near my goal and don't think I look any smaller. BUT, the sizes sure are changing.

I still have a ways to go. But believe me, when I can start shopping in regular stores it will be one of the best days of my life. I'll feel like I'm in high school again.

It is amazing to hear men speak on this subject. Its so often that women talk about having a plus size store for them but hate what is avaliable let me tell you the clothes are ugly and very pricey. Yes there are clothes that are supposed to be made for us but let me tell you there are only a hand full o foutfits I like aftr years and years of shopping at a plus ize store. I want to dess my age not 100 years older. lol

I felt the same way. I am six months out, and down from a 3xl to fitting in M golf shirts and athletic shorts. From a 46" waist to a 34".

My new favorite place to shop is Rugged Wearhouse. They have CHEAP name brand stuff. Most of it is either blems or overstock from other stores. I buy Hilfiger jeans for $14, nice golf shirts for $15, and button down shirts for $15 or less. They have TONS of stuff for less than $10. I would bet 80% of my whole wardrobe right now came from them!

Believe me, it won't be long before you current clothes will be falling off of you. I love going shopping and finding out that a new smaller size fits!!

Good Luck!

Ron

Amen to this thread!!!!

Kingsize direct was my outlet. Now I am down from a 6x shirt 54 pants to a 3x shirt 44 pants. The only issue I have is that even though placed like Walmart have 3x shirts they are really short. I stand 6'5" tall and a regular 3x shirt will show belly button, and not in a sexy way.

I love not having to buy men's clothes anymore! I used to regularly shop in the men's department for tshirts and sweaters. It's really satisfying to be able to fit into "normal" clothes in "normal" sizes (of course I know that with a 60% obesity rate in this county, those plus sizes are normal) and not have to be afraid to walk into certain stores.

On as side note, my husband is tall and very thin, and I have a really hard time finding clothes for him, too. Most labels/designers not make pants are more more narrow than they are long. I often have to buy his pants in the young mens section, so he's often dressed like a teenaged boy! I have to admit that it was easier for me to find plus sized clothes for myself than it is to find tall, skinny pants for him.

God, this is one of my pet peeves. Clothes that are of inferior quality and 3 times the price. I got so irritated...we went to McMillan's B&T here in Birmingham and got me a new dress shirt. I got it home, and it would fit around the neck but I couldn't button around the belly.

I also hate how most manufacturers create "big mens" clothing... by doubling all the dimensions, so when I wear short sleeve shirts they come halfway down my forearms. GAAH!!

One of my favorite memories...... so far... was going into Casual Male and being told they did not have my size but could order that SMALLER size if I wanted them to. I got a full wardrobe at Target for school (I teach) for $65 that would have bought 1 pair of pants at CM.

I was wearing 5-6X shirts and a 68-70 waist befory surgery and now wear XL shirts and 44 waist (would be 42 if not for extra skin) pants.

My issue with big sizes was the pant fit. I am 6' 1" tall and almost every big pair of pants was so short in the crotch that I had no room for my........

When I could finally shop at "regular" stores, it felt great.

Just beginning the process, I am in the same boat now that many of you were in then.

kingsizedirect.com, Big Dog Outlet and Casual Male were the "go to" stores for my wardrobes. I too find some of the things to be cheaper materials but I also relate some of that to not buying clothes that fit properly, thus stretching the fabric all the time and putting stress on it to the point where it would tear (generally in the crotch or thinghs).

I was @ 66" waist (but short legs with 30" inseam) at my largest and 6XL shirts - tux/suit jacket measurements were 68-70" depending on the manufacturer. Having a long torso, I needed tall shirts but they generally stop making talls @ 5XLT.

Casual male became a place to buy shirts mainly and kingsizedirect was the suit seperates, khakis and other pants (including jeans)...until this weekend.

I have lost enough weight now pre-surgery where I was able to comfortably fit into 60" waist jeans and was able to buy them off the rack. They had Levi's, Harbor Bay and 626 - I went with the 626 because they fit a little better and were more stylish.

I can't wait for the day where I can once again walk into JCP and hit their Big and Tall section (albeit small) and be able to buy clothes off the rack at half the price of clothes I have bought online or from a "Big and Tall" store.

Eventually, loving that I will be able to buy clothes at ANY store will be really nice - but I have a little while to wait for that one...

Hang in there buddy. 6-8 months from now and you'll be shopping the clearance racks of regular stores finding good deals.

I'm loving Old Navy's $20 jeans

That sounds REALLY good - my wife will be so happy that we can shop at the same store together!

I have totally undergrown Casual Male. I had a $15.00 frequent shopper card from them. I used it for underwear but thats about all I could buy there. I went to JC Penny, still Big and Tall but not strictly. I found I was down another 2 sizes. Thats 7 pants sizes in all from a 60 to a 46. Shirts I'm down to XL or 2XL from 5XL depending on the cut but man it felt great having options. Clearance shirts in my size at JC Penny, talk about savings! Made my day.

Pants leg length that fit without shortening. Shirt sleeves that don't hang over my hands.

My wife commented she can't get over how light my clothing is now. She says it like children's clothing to her.

Gotta love it.:P

Edited by JBlank912