mistymee

Now: Spanx- for men!

Those are quite expensive! I have followed a guy on youtube who posted videos of him throughout his time post-op RNY. The videos he posted were such an inspiration to me pre-op, and now motivation to me post-op.

Anyway, he recently posted a video showing his excess skin after RNY, and of a product called Underworks that he has been using.

The video is here: YouTube - Excess Skin after Gastric Bypass Surgery

Underworks is here: Underworks.

Just giving everyone another option. I ordered a shirt from Underworks, but it compressed my chest a lot as well as my stomach. It made me look a little dis-proportioned as I have always had a larger chest. It's out there if anyone wants to check out more than one product.

That is fantastic! You do not know what a sense of relief I am already feeling as I look forward to having this skin issue. When I was still consulting with the surgical team pre-op, the concern of flappy skin overshadowed alot of the other issues for me - even pain!

I am planning on doing my best to be preventative (if possible), but it is good to know that there are opportunities that do not involve further surgery (fingers crossed)...

...just made my first order to Underworks.....let us pray....

Has anyone else tried out different brands of these? Spanx is so expensive and there is not a local store. I am a bit hesitant to order one without a clue how well it works.

Has anyone else tried out different brands of these? Spanx is so expensive and there is not a local store. I am a bit hesitant to order one without a clue how well it works.

I have two pair of Spanx. I ordered one at spanx.com and bought the other at Nordstrom. They are also available at Dillards and Macys.

I had tried a very cheap brand from amazon.com as well as underworks and returned both because the level of compression was uniform throughout the shirt and made me look disproportionate. The Spanx seems to have a bit less compression in the chest and more around the abdomen and I feel like I look more evenly proportioned in it.

I will say I looked the best in Undergear and Starter (cheap and available at Walmart) compression shirts, though they weren't as comfortable and as they are fitness shirts, not under shirts, theyaren't as easy to hide under a regular shirt unless you are wearing a shirt and tie or a turtle neck.

Spanx was definitely worth my money.

I will have to buy a new one soon since my first one is useless now. It is an XXL tank top. It was $65.

Anyone want it? Pay shipping and I'll send it to you

So how have the underworks worked out? I am really interested to hear the stories.

Ok, so I picked up some of the "Evolve" shirts from Target, you will want to buy 1 size down from what you wear. And it is taking some getting used to, because the undershirts are tight, form fitting, and it makes me think that my shirt is tight, but it's not.

I also bought the shirts from Target. I really like them. I took your suggestion about buying one size down and that was very good advice. I've been wearing my shirts for about 3 months now and I love the way that they feel. They do a great job on the man "moobs."

I wish they still carried the evolve shapewear t-shirts. What the heck happened to them? I can't find them anywhere anymore. :-(

My husband gets all of his compression under garments at Eastbay. You can order online or catalog. Priced right and comfortable.