Msliberty

How soon after surgery can we shower/take bath?

8 posts in this topic

I just finished my shower this evening when I started wondering about how long I would have to wait before I could take a shower or nice bath. I hope I won't have to take sponge baths for too long! Please tell me we can bathe the next day.... :confused:

I had a regular shower in the hospital the day after surgery and every day since.

I was allowed to shower day after surgery:)

I had my surgery on Thursday, went home on Friday and showered Sat. morning. I could have showered on Friday but wasn't up to it.

I wouldn't think about a bath for a while tho...getting out of the tub with sore abdomin would be quite tricky...

I showered the day after surgery and one the evening I got home (2 days post op) with no problem. Just make sure you have someone around if you need help.

I had a drain for a couple of weeks so couldn't take a bath. And getting in and out of the tub would have been a problem anyway - you're going to be pretty sore for a while.

You should be able to shower right away. No soaking in the tub until your incisions have healed completely.

Kelly

i showered in the hospital like 36 hours following surgery. So i think your fine.. just keep an eye on your strips and incisions and make sure you dry them well

Thanks everyone! I feel much better now. I had a total hysterectomy a few years ago and though I am on hormones, when my body gets run down, I sure sweat a lot at night. A cool shower always helps! Again thanks for the response!