• Announcements

• John

Community Guidelines   09/15/2015

A reminder that we have a general set of guidelines that are available at http://www.thinnertimesforum.com/guidelines/. If you have any questions or concerns, you may express them to me or a Community Leader directly. Thank you,
      John Callery
determination

1 hr till VGS surgery, How could this happen last minute!

48 posts in this topic

I dont know if you know my history, but I was sched for RNY surgery last week. I decided I wanted to change to the sleeve. There was an opening today 1/19. They got a pre-approval for the surgery.

I showed up today, got my IV. 1 hr before surgery and we were told that the surgery was denied. The CPU was for "Laproscopic WL Sugery" Not Laproscopic Vertical Sleeve WL Surgery"

SO. I was denied. The surgeon, 2 coordinators and I were on the phone in the pre-op room trying to get the actually person on the phone that denied it. She was NO where to be found.

Im depressed. REALLY depressed. I dont know where to go from here. Ive never even thought I would have to consider the apeal process because I thought i was APPROVED.

Im SO mad right now. My husbands off for a week. NOW what do we do... :(

I feel like Ive done everything right, Ive done 1 month of a Milk Diet, and lost lost 25lbs Ive waited 2 years. Now.. i feel lost. Im so mad right now... I believe everything happens for a reason.. but right now I want to know the reason!!

Im sorry to vent.. Im at a loss and really depressed.. Im supposed to be on the losers bench with youtoday as of 2pm.

Hang in there and keep trying to contact them. Would you consider doing the RNY if you are only able to get approval on that? I will keep you in my prayers because I know how you feel. I got a week away and had to cancel and it just doesn't sit well.....

Good luck I hope you get everything worked out.

I am so sorry! I hope you get everything worked out and get to have surgery soon. Take care sweetie!

How awful! You must be feeling pretty furious. I cannot believe what you've been through! It will eventually work out, but I know how hard it is to work out all the details, and how maddening to have to waste that. Good luck to you and keep us updated!

How did it go today? Any luck getting it appealed? I am so sorry you got yanked out of the OR like that. You have the right to feel incredibly frustrated...

I'm sorry you're going through this. Get up early tomorrow and start your appeal

Sorry to hear that. You must be steaming right now. It will all get worked out. What insurance do you have. I'll be sure to never pick them as part of our benefits package at work

So sorry to hear about this. Just know everyone here supports you. Please remember, this is not your fault. There is no need to be depressed. Use this to be "determined" to achieve your goals. Adversity makes victory sweeter in the end. Hugs!

Hang in there baby. You're gonna be fine.

What an incredible roller coaster you are going through, I am thinking about you and hoping this will somehow work out for you. Diann

Thinn2010 - No, as much as I feel RNY is fantastic for certain patients, I feel that the Sleeve would be the best surgery for my specific situation. Im giving it my all.

Thank you for your support.

My surgeon called me tonight (8pm) this was quite a "unique" situation and they have had meetings about it.

I was told that she is fighting first thing in the morning for a Peer-to-Peer review of the case with BCBS. She is confident that there was a mistake. A RN reviewed the case on Friday and denied it. She is thinking that she didnt look into the new codes and didnt realize that it is now approved as of 1/1/10. All I can do is pray. Ive got a great team on my side.

fingers and toes are crossed! Ill update you as soon as I know! Thanks again.

I'm SO sorry to hear of these turn of events! Please keep us posted on what happens. I'm crossing my fingers for you that they realize their mistake soon! ((HUGS!))

My goodness carnt imagine how gutted u must feel !

still I believe 'THINGS' happen for a reason ...

It will get sorted and u will be on that losers bench in no time hun .

hang in there and dont stress xxx

i'm praying that they get it straight for you. Sounds like you have a great team!

How absolutely frustrating! Hopefully they can get it settled tomorrow and get you in surgery in the next week!

I'm so sorry this is happening to you. My surgery got cancelled the night before and I was absolutely devistated. I can just imagine how you must feel. I hope that they find a mistake was made and you get the surgery you want. Hang in there!!

It has become a roller-coaster for you...I hope things are sorted out soon and your surgery is scheduled soon. All of us here are praying for you. Do keep us posted.

I'm sorry I missed all this. But haven't heard from you in a while. What is going on? Hugs

Well, long story short,

I may have cancer.

Colon cancer. So I have my "reason" why my surgery was cancled 1 hour before surgery.

I have been low on potassium, I had a colonoscopy and they found a polyp. it was 3cm. I have high grade dysplasia. The gastronologist wants me to get a portion of my colon removed.

Im scared. And mad. Im praying that this wont stop my WLsurgery process.

Appointment is at 3 to find out what is really going on with me.

I STILL havent had good results from Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Califonia. My Dr. did a peer to peer review, Im now in the appeal process. I wish there was MORE I could do.. What can I do>???

SO frustrating..

I just wanted to update everyone on my situation. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers..

Well, long story short,

I may have cancer.

Colon cancer. So I have my "reason" why my surgery was cancled 1 hour before surgery.

I have been low on potassium, I had a colonoscopy and they found a polyp. it was 3cm. I have high grade dysplasia. The gastronologist wants me to get a portion of my colon removed.

I STILL havent had good results from Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Califonia. My Dr. did a peer to peer review, Im now in the appeal process. I wish there was MORE I could do.. What can I do>???

SO frustrating..

I just wanted to update everyone on my situation. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers..

I'm so sorry to hear your news. But to be positive, colon cancer has a high cure rate when caught early.

My DH was diagnosed with that just as part of a routine physical (included colonoscopy).

He had 5 polyps - 3 pre-cancerous and 2 cancer. Thankfully, none had invaded the colon wall so he ended up having 11" of his sigmoid colon removed with no further treatment.

Stay positive sweetheart. I know it's a worrying time.

I'll he holding you in my thoughts and prayers.

Well, long story short,

I may have cancer.

SO frustrating..

WOW I'm sorry to hear this, but I hope they caught it before it gets really bad. Attitude is a lot so stay postive! :D

My gosh, what a horrible thing to happen 1 hr before the surgery, but imagine if you found out they wouldn't pay AFTER the surgery!!! I would be very angry too - send your hubby back to work for the rest of the week and do appeal this decision - IMMEDIATELY if you haven't already. Let us know how this all works out!!! So sorry for the set back, but like you said all things happen for a reason, and you may never know the reason behind this. Be patient - I know its hard but what else can you do? :)

Well, long story short,

I may have cancer.

SO frustrating..

Oh wow. This must be quite a shock. I'm so sorry. Now you just need to take that go-getter attitude that you were bringing to WLS and apply it to this little speed bump. Please keep us updated and good luck!

Sorry, I just read about your horrible news - I posted earlier without knowing that they had found cancer. Please stay positive, if you can, because, like Corrine said, the earlier this type of cancer is found, the better outcome there is in curing it! Please keep us posted. I will be thinking of you.

:( :( this just stinkies!!!!!!!!! If there is anything I can do please let me know. I agree with what Corrine said. I know many people who have done very well.

I'm praying it ISN'T cancer! Please get better soon. And please keep us updated.

PS. I just had a big scare myself with the big C word again. And it all came back clear in the end after all the tests. I hope it does for you to.