zoomlenz4u

how soon after surgery did you have sex.

49 posts in this topic

I had to test the waters. Had sex with the wife on Friday after having surgery Monday of the same surgery. Yes it was difficult, but I also had sex on the day I had my vasectomy in 98.

Honestly, Luis.. this post seems more like bragging than anything else, lol..

We had it when I felt it was safe to do so... seemed the prudent thing to do.

I was told by the DOC a minimum of 2 weeks after the surgery.

You may want to practice a little restraint so you don't cause complications.

Good Luck

LOL....thats a guy for ya! Had to make sure everything still worked! I dont think I was given a specific amount of time I had to wait. But I can tell you it gets better and better:D One of my friends commented to me that my body is so different my old man must feel like he is having an affair...

You looking for a high five, pat on the back, atta boy or what here?

You looking for a high five, pat on the back, atta boy or what here?

LOL.. so it wasn't just me that got that vibe? ;):P

And I had to chuckle over the fact that this is put in the 'exercise' forum. I have to say it is my most favorite form of physical activity but I just can't put this in the same category as actual exercise. lol..

Just a little good natured teasing, Luis! lol.. no offense is intended!

Edited by mistymee
Raddy likes this

LOL.. so it wasn't just me that got that vibe? ;):P

And I had to chuckle over the fact that this is put in the 'exercise' forum.

I did not notice that. LOL

I wonder how many reps that was...

I do think that it says a lot about how much better the recovery time is with WLS. When I had my open RNY done (2005), I was still weening off the pain pills at the end of week one.

Mistymee, not bragging. I knew I would get criticism, some sincere responses as to when they were able to do it. I also know that some come in and even dream of posting either way. All forums are just like talk shows and its fair game to just come out with what ever is on a persons mind. I bet there are some people who have been tormented by the fact that sex is not to enjoyable because of the weight.

Soon2bthin: I guess maybe I should have waited for other first responders and not jumped to my personal stories and maybe not included the one the day of my vasectomy. Not looking for high 5's or any applause and accolades, this has to be a very serious subject for many.

This is a serious question. I weighed 370 lbs on the day I asked my primary to get things rolling for the lapband surgery. One requirement for us from the Dr was to write a paragraph essay on the reasons why I wanted the surgery. I wrote 2 pages. The 1st reason I wrote was how my weight got in the way of having quality sex with my wife.

I did not notice that. LOL

I wonder how many reps that was...

I do think that it says a lot about how much better the recovery time is with WLS. When I had my open RNY done (2005), I was still weening off the pain pills at the end of week one.

I had mine done lap, and was still in the hospital at that point... everyone is different!

Mistymee, not bragging. I knew I would get criticism, some sincere responses as to when they were able to do it. I also know that some come in and even dream of posting either way. All forums are just like talk shows and its fair game to just come out with what ever is on a persons mind. I bet there are some people who have been tormented by the fact that sex is not to enjoyable because of the weight.

Soon2bthin: I guess maybe I should have waited for other first responders and not jumped to my personal stories and maybe not included the one the day of my vasectomy. Not looking for high 5's or any applause and accolades, this has to be a very serious subject for many.

This is a serious question. I weighed 370 lbs on the day I asked my primary to get things rolling for the lapband surgery. One requirement for us from the Dr was to write a paragraph essay on the reasons why I wanted the surgery. I wrote 2 pages. The 1st reason I wrote was how my weight got in the way of having quality sex with my wife.

I don't think anyone's response was critical.. just curious.

This is a funny thread being sexual in nature and the fact I posted it in the exercise thread. As far as reps, I guess this could have a been to much info for some. Never said anyone was critical. but if someone wants to be, all opinions are welcome and I don't get mad. I've been told I have a bold personality.

I cant weight until I lose another 50 lbs and then I will start a thread about how much sex has improved after losing it.

This is a funny thread being sexual in nature and the fact I posted it in the exercise thread. As far as reps, I guess this could have a been to much info for some. Never said anyone was critical. but if someone wants to be, all opinions are welcome and I don't get mad. I've been told I have a bold personality.

I cant weight until I lose another 50 lbs and then I will start a thread about how much sex has improved after losing it.

I just belched and scratched my balls in honor of your great sex!

First time i had sex after surgery was very scary. Because it was really dark and well I was all alone :-)

Alright, so that kind of gave me one big laugh out loud.

In an attempt at a serious response, I just waited a week until some of the belly pain wore off.

Alright, so that kind of gave me one big laugh out loud.

In an attempt at a serious response, I just waited a week until some of the belly pain wore off.

Good for you Laura. Hope it wasn't as difficult as it was for me. Are you a photographer?

First time i had sex after surgery was very scary. Because it was really dark and well I was all alone :-)

Now that was funny as hell. I get scared when lefty and the right guard fight for taking point.

Are you a photographer?

Amateur :) Just like to snap photos.

LOL..I dont care who you are thats FUNNY! And Zoom I will welcome your anticipated thread it will be interesting to see it from a males perspective. :)

And don't forget to stop into the men's forum. It's been a while since we've had penis length after WLS thread (I'm serious...do a search). :D

And don't forget to stop into the men's forum. It's been a while since we've had penis length after WLS thread (I'm serious...do a search). :D

Believe me I know about that first hand experience. I weighed 195 in college. length doesn't change, its the turtle effect that is hard to get past. LOL

I sort of wish I hadn't read that just now.

The turtle effect!*lol*

If I recall correctly, I saddled up before the week was out!:D

LOL! Thats some funny stuff there!

soon2bthin said:

These made me snort coffee through my nose  :D

Karlos said:
These made me snort coffee through my nose  :D

Then my job is done here. It's all fun and games till coffee is shot out ones nostrils.:D