• Announcements

• Community Guidelines   09/15/2015

A reminder that we have a general set of guidelines that are available at http://www.thinnertimesforum.com/guidelines/. If you have any questions or concerns, you may express them to me or a Community Leader directly. Thank you,
      John Callery
    • The Trevor Project Orange Party - October 10, 2015   10/04/2015

Dear Thinner Times Members -  As is evident, we don't use Thinner Times to serve advertisements or to generate profits. Every now and then, however, something comes along that 'hits home' that we like to promote. My partner, Josh, is the co-chair of the Ambassadors group for The Trevor Project - a leading national organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to LGBTQ youth. Josh is co-hosting the San Diego annual fundraiser and party this year, which we have been spending many tireless months planning for. If you, a friend or family member is interested in supporting the Trevor Project, make a night of it next week at The Orange Party. Tickets are $75 for general admission, and $100 for regular admission. Two of the cast members from "Glee" will be there co-hosting, as well.  Learn more about the event and registration on this website I put together this weekend: http://trevororange.party/. My father, Dr. Callery, will also be attending, so we hope to see you there! John Callery

What happens if you don't get enough protein?

5 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

A lot of people here already know I had a lot of problems early out due to not getting enough protein. But I thought I'd post a list of symptoms that may be caused by not getting enough. Some stuff is just unpleasant, like losing your hair, but some things can be very serious.

Problems that can be caused by not getting enough protein include:

* edema (fluid collecting under the skin)

* weakness

* fatigue

* nausea and vomiting

* muscle damage

* heart damage ('cause your heart is really a muscle)

* hair loss

* decreased pigmentation in the hair (you might go grey- my hair is way more grey now than it was before my surgery)

* skin problems, like rashes and dry, flaky skin

* slow healing of wounds (including your surgical incisions)

* supressed immune system (can't fight off infection as well)

* muscle cramps

* stomach pain

* fainting, dizziness

* headache

* depression

* anxiety

* moodiness

Posted · Report post

Wow Kelly - I've had most of these things all along. Kinda makes me wonder if I haven't had enough protein in my diet for quite a while. I have already started transitioning into my new way of eating (to some extent) and I think I'll incorporate the protein now just to see what happens. Thanks for this post. :)

Posted · Report post

This is me every Thursday (since May).My Drs feel that I will have to have treatment the rest of my life..maybe not weekly but forever.

(always took my vits so that is why getting blood work is so important)

PS- I would still have this surgery today.The last pic is my most recent..I look 100% better with a 10 HGB and not a 4...you can even see how "pasty" I was...I have also gained 12 lbs since treatment...I am at 135..my lowest was an UGLY 118.

Posted · Report post

I shaved my head..That's not from lack of Iron..that's just bc I am crazy:)

Posted · Report post

Wow.......you look great!