• Announcements

• John

Community Guidelines   09/15/2015

A reminder that we have a general set of guidelines that are available at http://www.thinnertimesforum.com/guidelines/. If you have any questions or concerns, you may express them to me or a Community Leader directly. Thank you,
      John Callery
Mrs.Browning

Any complaints about sleeve?

25 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any complaints after getting the Sleeve?

I'm happy with my sleeve but sometimes it's just so easy to cheat. I'm able to eat a lot more then before and my bad habits never went away. I'm not trying to change anyones mind on what surgery to have I'd have the sleeve all over again if I was faced with that decision. I think I'm struggling just like anyone with any surgery would this far out. I just don't want to gain it all back and it is very possible. Lisa

So far, my only complaint is the nausea.

So far, my only complaint is the nausea.

Nausea everytime you eat still or was it just after the sx?

I am seventeen months out. I'm having a hard time sticking to eating healthy. I usually let myself go up a few pounds and then I go back to goal but it's real hard. Lisa

Nausea everytime you eat still or was it just after the sx?

Apparently I'm taking too big of bites. But yes, every time I eat. If it doesn't go away within about three months, then I'll get upset over it. But right now, it just makes me loathe eating.

Lisa how far out are you?

I have no issues with the sleeve yet. Only I can't go to sleep too soon after eating or the stomach acid tries to come back up into my throat. Now that I have medicine for that, it's not a problem tho.

Josephine,

Can I ask what meds you are taking for the reflux.

I have terrible bile reflux. Dr. gave me Kapidex to try but had to quit after taking it 10 days, they made me poop myself at night while I slept. Really nasty stuff.

I don't go back to Dr. on Monday.

Thanks!

I'm taking 40mg Pantoprazole. It works well :)

Thanks for your reply.

I've taken that and also aciphex.

That stuff don't seem to help when it comes to bile reflux.

Is yours acid reflux?

I though with that gastric sleeve they eliminate the use of producing acid in the stomach.

No complaints at all.

Regardless of which procedure you have you can defeat it if your bound and determined to do so.

You must be vigilant with what you put in your sleeve.

I have been sleeved for 2 months and down 60 pounds. I would do it again in a heartbeat!

I had my lap sleeve Nov 5th and I wanted to know will I EVER BE ABLE TO EAT AT LEAST A small SAUCER OF FOOD? I am going through some emotional stuff a bit. It does not seem like I could eat hardly nothing.

I had my lap sleeve Nov 5th and I wanted to know will I EVER BE ABLE TO EAT AT LEAST A small SAUCER OF FOOD? I am going through some emotional stuff a bit. It does not seem like I could eat hardly nothing.

I'm two months out and I still am only eating about 3 oz. of food per meal, max. There are some sleevers out there eating a half sandwich, if it makes you feel any better at all. However, you should be more focused on the quality of what you're putting in, not the quantity. I for one am thankful that I can't load food into myself anymore.

Sure, I've put crap in. Felt like crap.

I'm having a rough time in life right now, too. Thankfully, I cannot emotionally binge with food anymore (and I don't DARE go to the liquor) and I continue to lose weight, although it's seemingly a little slower when I'm feeling down in the dumps.

I had half a sandwhich yesterday on toast... cheese, mayo, red wine vinegar, jalapenos, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, black olives. Plus a few bites of yummy smoked mackeral. It gets better and you can eat fairly normal again.

I'll have about 2-2.5 ounces of meat, a few bites of veggies, and a single bite of toasted bread or a piece of crust depending on who's having what. So we're about backwards. :D I'm still eating too quickly, plus my program states no bread until goal weight. So I don't really have room for bread after I eat my protein and veg.

I made ham and bean soup yesterday and was able to eat my 3 ounces with no problems (the term "soup" should be used loosely as it's mostly ham and beans and veggies and very little soupy liquid), so I had a bite of my hubby's bread and I thought about getting another spoonful but just waited about ten minutes and then didn't want more.

I love my sleeve.

Before, I would have easily eaten 10-15 ounces of that soup and 3 or 4 pieces of bread without batting an eye.

I am 2 weeks post op and have had no complaints- I went back to work day 6 post op and Christmas shopping day 9 post op. I am a little weak because I am only eating about 200-300 calories but tomorow I meet with my doctor for the 2 week follow up and should get the go ahead to eat instead of drinking the nasty protein.

I really am glad I had the sleeve- I could not have asked for a better surgery and recovery- now lets see how the next 12 months go.

None from me...

Except my head hunger!

I just wish I had it done earlier.

My only problems-falling over and hurting my knee because my shoes became too big,finding money to buy beautiful new clothes AND shoes and now needing to take better care of my teeth due to acid reflux wearing away the enamel.But if I took my Nexium like prescribed and ate properly this problem might go away.

In all seriousness this op still seems like a miracle.I have almost stopped losing weight but this could be reversed if I exercised and quit the bad habits of old that seem to be creeping back!

When I was about 2 months out I could eat about 1 slice of toast without crusts and no fresh bread.At 9 months I can eat 2 slices of bread toasted or fresh plus filling. If I did this during the day I might not be able to eat much at night-esp solids.In the beginning I could not have pasta but now I can eat about 1/2 cup of shell pasta/fettucine but not spaghetti-even if cut into short pieces.Usually I find that I can eat more during the day and sometimes eat my main meal at lunch.I can also drink a lot faster than before-even almost finish a coffee.

I have also got used to ordering small/regular portions and asking for a doggie bag/take my own container for left overs.I find this useful as now I order what I like knowing that I can have the left overs at home for the next 2 days!!!

My new concern is that the quantity I now eat will lead to weight gain if I don't correct those old habits asap!

Wow, it is so exciting to here everyones stories about the sleeve. I do not feel alone anymore now that I have found you guys thank you so much for the input. I was scared that I would not be able to eat anything ever again therfore causing other bad health issues. I am going in my second month and I just do not feel myself as of yet.

I too felt the same way BUT as I said I am now scared of eating TOO much!I remember asking the surgeon if I would get to the stage where I forgot to eat.That is highly unlikely to happen-in my case.My interest in food never wanes but the hunger both head and real does.

One day I woke up and all of a sudden I felt normal-that was probably about 3 months ago.It is a nice feeling.

Even though I worry about eating too much that isn't really the case.It is the type of food I am eating that is the problem.I am bingeing on chocolate!!I guess the up side is that you realise where you are going wrong and can stop the prob by substituting something healthy in it's place.Easy to do as once your tummy is full you just can't eat anymore for some time.In the old days I could eat and eat.For example if I ate a burger I could still eat a block of choc after it.Well now I could eat possibly 1/2 burger and then 2 little squares of choc.Do you have Magnum ice-creams there? I can eat 1/2 and then need to wrap the other 1/2 up for later.Though sometimes I can eat the whole one but I lose a lot of interest by the end.I suppose that part is the best part.Once you have enough you just don't feel like anymore.It isn't like craving just a bit more.When I take my left overs home to finish off later it also helps with that feeling that I have missed out on something.Plus I do find I toss out a lot of those leftovers and my dogs are getting VERY fat!!!

Hi Vicki

Good to see you back in the mix again. I know you're rocking your sleeve downunder, glad you've come back to share your experience with everyone. You've been my inspiration for a good while now - and will be a shining light to other people considering or waiting to be Sleeved.

Hey Vicki, so you had the same feelings huh. Its also amazing to me that you could still eat with this surgery, because again I was scared of getting malnutrition lol. Now I see that what I really have to be careful with is when the healing is complete, not to over eat and gain. Thanks for sharing it truly helps.

It was scary for me in the first few weeks out and I got angry as I grieved the loss of my dear friend, food. Turns out there was no need to grieve-I can eat anything I want now at 7 mos. out. The challenge with the sleeve is that it will let you eat bad stuff and over time you can eat larger quantities if you push it. But...if you stop and think before you put something in your mouth, your sleeve will be your friend. I am usually not very hungry so my sleeve definitely works. Before sleeve, there was more physical hunger. Now I just have to focus on the head hunger. There are so fewer risks and complications with the sleeve that it would be my choice if I had to choose again.

Ardita thanks, you really helped me. Also, I appraciate everyones in put becuase it keeps me incouraged.

God Bless,

Debbie

Ardita thanks, you really helped me. Also, I appraciate everyones in put becuase it keeps me incouraged.

God Bless,

Debbie

... You're not your same self and will never be again.

Congratulations and welcome to the losers bench. :)

Hey Aviator, I like the way that sounds "not the same", I am so excited, it is hard but exciting at the same time!