Photo
- - - - -

What complaints do you have about Lap Band?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mrs.Browning

Mrs.Browning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Surgeon:Dr. Grover
  • Hospital:WPMC
  • Start Weight:226
  • Current Weight:203
  • Goal Weight:126
  • Surgery Date:12/15/2009

Posted 25 October 2009 - 07:35 PM

What are everyone's biggest complaints about having the Lap Band? I am undecided on what sx I will have and want to look at all aspects. Thanks~

#2 Mrs.Browning

Mrs.Browning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 04:58 AM

My biggest complaint about it was the nearly 4 years of excruciating pain it gave me. Oh and when the port attached itself to my stomach tissue and wouldn't let go. That sucked too. Oh and how every single time I ate, I felt sick. That was not fun either.

Of course everyone's experience is different, but from the last I heard out of the 8 people that went in with me for the seminar back in 2004, 7 of us have had problems and had to have additional surgeries.

Ok wow! So you originally had the Band then the sleeve b/c of the problems? Did you lose all that weight with the sleeve? Thanks for the reply:)

#3 Lana

Lana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • Surgeon:Dr. Shawn Garber
  • Height (ft-in):5-02
  • Start Weight:208
  • Current Weight:140
  • Goal Weight:118
  • Surgery Date:08/31/2009
  • Surgery Type:Gastric Bypass

Posted 26 October 2009 - 05:01 AM

I didn't have any trouble with the band nor did I have any complications but it just wasn't the right thing for me. It was too easy to cheat - I started eating all slider foods (ice cream, cake, cookies, etc.) because a lot of regular foods got stuck or I just plain wanted them, so I ate them.

The port was annoying and going for fills were annoying too. I lost 40 lbs and then gained everything back!

I revised to RNY on 8/31 and I couldn't be happier.
Lana

Revision from Lap Band to RNY: August 31, 2009

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#4 Mrs.Browning

Mrs.Browning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 05:16 AM

I didn't have any trouble with the band nor did I have any complications but it just wasn't the right thing for me. It was too easy to cheat - I started eating all slider foods (ice cream, cake, cookies, etc.) because a lot of regular foods got stuck or I just plain wanted them, so I ate them.

The port was annoying and going for fills were annoying too. I lost 40 lbs and then gained everything back!

I revised to RNY on 8/31 and I couldn't be happier.

Yeah, I love ice cream so this is something I did not think about. Thanks