staceyjay

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Surgeon:Dr Mansur
  • Hospital:Homerton

Posted 24 September 2009 - 04:43 PM

Hiya people

I have been getting some really uncomfortable bubbles all on my left side under my rib cage to my chest. Feels like I need to burb, sometime I do. It can get to the point of mild pain. Just wondered if this is happening to you.

Eating tends to make the bubbles into burps but the bubbles are their through out the day.

Thanks x

#2 Lana

Lana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • Surgeon:Dr. Shawn Garber
  • Height (ft-in):5-02
  • Start Weight:208
  • Current Weight:140
  • Goal Weight:118
  • Surgery Date:08/31/2009
  • Surgery Type:Gastric Bypass

Posted 25 September 2009 - 05:11 AM

Hiya people

I have been getting some really uncomfortable bubbles all on my left side under my rib cage to my chest. Feels like I need to burb, sometime I do. It can get to the point of mild pain. Just wondered if this is happening to you.

Eating tends to make the bubbles into burps but the bubbles are their through out the day.

Thanks x

Sounds like gas to me. What surgery did you have? When was it? Gas gets trapped under the rib cage and can display as severe pain, on your left side up towards your shoulder, or just being plain old uncomfortable. Burping is very common. I know my intestines and my new pouch are always making gurgling sounds. If you're fresh out of surgery, walking around helps move the gas and Gas-X strips work well too. Good luck!
Lana

Revision from Lap Band to RNY: August 31, 2009

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#3 staceyjay

staceyjay

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Surgeon:Dr Mansur
  • Hospital:Homerton

Posted 25 September 2009 - 05:29 AM

I had a gastric bypass 6 months ago.

Thanks for your message, glad it's just gas.
xx