sandyg

2nd chance?

I had gastric bypass surgery in 2006 and did really well initially- I stopped losing weight about a year and a half ago. I did have a hysterectomy but I do not blame that for my issues. I know that I am in fact able to eat more, and I know I have developed some of my bad habits back.

I feel like a total gastric bypass failure and am frustrated because I have gained 30lbs back.

I sought out help in August and after doing an upper GI, then an endoscopy, it was determined that my pouch was not stretched but there was an opening too large where the food empties into my stomach. I was told I qualify for revision.

I have some health issues now such as high blood pressure (Again) Also due to me stressing I have migraines and now vertigo.

I did everything the new gastric bypass Doctor has told me to do including a month of iron infusions. Now the only thing is I am waiting on my insurance and terrified. I have United Healthcare and I think they are pretty good but I am still considered morbidly obese, I had gotten to the obese point but now back up to morbid and never have made it to onederland :(

The Bariatric Doctor stated that the "route" my former gastric bypass doctor took was not a prefered method and that there is a "patch" of his patients with issues like myself. - I DO take ACCOUNTABILITY for not doing this right though and grazing as well as again drinking with meals but I do not pork out eating all the time.

I am very depressed and I was told that my new Doctor put the insurance request for authorization in September 18th. It is sitting still pending and I am so scared it will be denied.

Does anyone have any similar situation or insight.

Thank you hugggggggggs

I had gastric bypass surgery in 2006 and did really well initially- I stopped losing weight about a year and a half ago. I did have a hysterectomy but I do not blame that for my issues. I know that I am in fact able to eat more, and I know I have developed some of my bad habits back.

I feel like a total gastric bypass failure and am frustrated because I have gained 30lbs back.

I sought out help in August and after doing an upper GI, then an endoscopy, it was determined that my pouch was not stretched but there was an opening too large where the food empties into my stomach. I was told I qualify for revision.

I have some health issues now such as high blood pressure (Again) Also due to me stressing I have migraines and now vertigo.

I did everything the new gastric bypass Doctor has told me to do including a month of iron infusions. Now the only thing is I am waiting on my insurance and terrified. I have United Healthcare and I think they are pretty good but I am still considered morbidly obese, I had gotten to the obese point but now back up to morbid and never have made it to onederland :(

The Bariatric Doctor stated that the "route" my former gastric bypass doctor took was not a prefered method and that there is a "patch" of his patients with issues like myself. - I DO take ACCOUNTABILITY for not doing this right though and grazing as well as again drinking with meals but I do not pork out eating all the time.

I am very depressed and I was told that my new Doctor put the insurance request for authorization in September 18th. It is sitting still pending and I am so scared it will be denied.

Does anyone have any similar situation or insight.

Thank you hugggggggggs

Hey Sandy-

No experience to offer but just encouragement. That you are recognizing thre is a problem is an important step. Hopefully, your revision surgery will be approved without much ado. You know more than anyon, though, that you have to do the work. The surgery alone won't make you lose weight. If you make a mistake, stand up and try to do better the next day, but get back on your eating plan and get moving! Good luck. You can do this.

I hope that the insurance allows the new doc to get your "tool" right and that you can get back on track. Just remeber that you have to use your tool to the fullest. Good luck. Make sure to let us know when you go in for your revision.

Thank you so much ardita and Jeanie hugggggggggggggs

It is only a tool and I hope I have a 2nd chance but if not- I will work hard to get to onederland!

I will update everyone as soon as I know something- have a beautiful day! huggggggggggs

Hey Sandy:

Just wondering what the plan is. What are they planning on doing when you refer to "revision". I've had 2 "revisions" and they were totally different one from the other. Just curious.

Wishing you the best of luck with the insurance and upcoming surgery.

Sharon

Sure hope you get that revision approved. If your stomach opening is too big...it's hard to get the restriction/full feeling you need to HELP your tool work at its best.

Glad to hear that you are taking responsibility for your grazing/drinking issues; but don't beat yourself up over it because if we had the "will power" to NOT eat we wouldn't have needed the surgery!!!

You can do it!

Hi Sandy, First of all, where do you live in Florida? I live in Cape Canaveral-Cocoa Beach area. I can see where going back to bad habits like eating to much can and is a real "problem" for people like us (includes everybody in this forum) LOL but my doctor never addressed this issue. I remember that wonderful feeling where I did not even want to eat, the brain said "you are full" but sometimes I think my brain is taking a nap!!!!!!! I had my gastric bypass on May 27,2008 and my weight loss is 120 lbs. Right now I am just coasting along (have not gained, but stuck at my present weight of 150 for a few weeks) I hope that I am just at a "standstill" and when I go back to my doctor, hopefully the scale will drop a pound or 2 LOL Question for everyone... I am just curious if everybody in this forum own a scale????? It's just alittle survey that I thought would be interesting.. Man, I have to get a life!!!!!!!!!!! LOL I do not have one.

Hi Sandy, First of all, where do you live in Florida? I live in Cape Canaveral-Cocoa Beach area. I can see where going back to bad habits like eating to much can and is a real "problem" for people like us (includes everybody in this forum) LOL but my doctor never addressed this issue. I remember that wonderful feeling where I did not even want to eat, the brain said "you are full" but sometimes I think my brain is taking a nap!!!!!!! I had my gastric bypass on May 27,2008 and my weight loss is 120 lbs. Right now I am just coasting along (have not gained, but stuck at my present weight of 150 for a few weeks) I hope that I am just at a "standstill" and when I go back to my doctor, hopefully the scale will drop a pound or 2 LOL Question for everyone... I am just curious if everybody in this forum own a scale????? It's just alittle survey that I thought would be interesting.. Man, I have to get a life!!!!!!!!!!! LOL I do not have one.

I have 2 - one at home, one at the cottage.

Hoping your insurance company does realize the benefit of you having the revision. Maybe you'll hear very soon and will let us know. Good luck!