• Announcements

• John

Community Guidelines   09/15/2015

A reminder that we have a general set of guidelines that are available at http://www.thinnertimesforum.com/guidelines/. If you have any questions or concerns, you may express them to me or a Community Leader directly. Thank you,
      John Callery
mistymee

What to do with Raspberries?

17 posts in this topic

I picked about 3 gals worth of the things today, but don't know what I can do other than eat them as is..

Anyone have any ideas that might be safe?

(I'm sooo sun-burnt.. boooo)

Oh, I LOVE raspberries! I think they are my very favorite food in the whole world. They are good in vanilla yogurt. They are good on no sugar added ice cream. I bet you could make muffins out of them.

Kelly

You could freeze them and just take them out and and eat them! I bet that would be a nice cool summer treat! Let's see you could make raspberry sauce for maybe pork? A raspberry vingeratte? That's all I came up with LOL :D

You could do freezer jam- look for a packet that you can use splenda with. Easy too- no canning.

I have a great recipe for a sugar free raspberry preserve that I add to my plain greek yogurt. As soon as I can put my hands on it I will post it on here.

I got to thinking maybe you don't have much use for jam after sugery if you've given up breads- Obviously I'm still pre-op!

I got to thinking maybe you don't have much use for jam after sugery if you've given up breads- Obviously I'm still pre-op!

I used to think that too, but I mix it in with my shakes and put it in my yogurt.

I found this recipe when I was diagnosed with diabetes and it's really good.

Splenda

I'm sure Geof could think of a few ways to eat them off you......

~~~'s hello!

Kimber would love some suga free jam! YUM O Rommah!

~~~'s hello!

Kimber would love some suga free jam! YUM O Rommah!

Kimber, I thought you were more of a jelly kinda girl?

Ummm you could make your bestie something really yummy and hand deliver it to Kentucky.....

I'm waiting!

Kimber, I thought you were more of a jelly kinda girl?

Jam, Jelly, Preserves.. I'm not gunna be the picky when it comes to raspberries! they = the win!

I put mine in the freezer and use them on various things.

add to yogurt or cereal (on rare occasions)...or smoosh them on a half piece of toast with some almond butter. Tastes kinda like jam but more raspberry tart and less sweetness (and way less sugar - even than the sugar free stuff). Hmm...saw something about muffins - that would be a good addition to those bran muffins I was telling you about - nice flavor additive!

...and of course then there's always sf jam....as already suggested. That would make them go really quick.

I add them to greek yogurt and drizzle honey over the top. So yummy.

I also throw them onto a salad of baby greens with sliced strawberries, blueberries and feta or gorgonzola cheese drizzled with basalmic or a raspberry vinegarette and have a berry salad.

freezem and then make some smoothies with them or your own fruit frozen pops

or not sure if you eat this or not but sugar free oatmeal cookies with a few raspberries mixed inside?? I do them and used cranberries?? so maybe??

sounds yummy and dangerous if I were still post op! :)

I have been using frozen raspberries and blackberries on my oatmeal in the morning...yum yum yummy!

I picked about 3 gals worth of the things today, but don't know what I can do other than eat them as is..

Anyone have any ideas that might be safe?

(I'm sooo sun-burnt.. boooo)

two words: freezer jelly! yummy