cali4ialuv

A must share moment

Today while my husband and I were grocery shopping, we went down separate aisles for a moment. I looked for him and the baby for a few minutes and continued to browse. Finally I seen him at the other end of the store in the main aisle. As I walked toward him, he sort of looked past me or even through me. As I got really close to him, I said honey were have you been? He replied, "Oh my God, I didn't even recognize you walking toward me." He said that for the first time, he has seen a drastic change in my appearance. (Considering that I have been carrying around an extra load for the past nine months.) He kept telling me how good I looked all the way home. What a good feeling! I am now down 125 pounds. (Weighing in at 170) When we met almost 17 years ago, I weighed around 190. I'm amazed every day when I get dressed and look in the mirror. My self esteem has greatly increased and I feel good about me. (Inside and out) I hope not to bore anyone with this milestone, but I had to share. To all post-ops, keep up the good work, stay encouraged, and continue to help the newbies. This is so important as it was the support I needed in the beginning of this journey. Thanks for reading and sharing in the small but big things!

Please don't think that the personal story you shared with us is anything but an inspiration to all of us. This is what it's all about. Having milestones, embrassing them, feeling greatfull, and sharing them with people who understand either the pre or post op side of it. :)

Congratulations to you for your success! What a high you must be riding on!

Tina,

How exciting for you.. your own husband didn't recognize you!!! woo hoo!!! That is so fantastic! I am so happy for you and please share any and all inspirational stories that you have.. :)

That was so cool! It actually made me tear up! Please know that every milestone means so much to all of us - we could never find it boring.

Congratulations to you, Tina! :D

GBS saved my life and there is not a day that goes by I acknowledge how good it has made me feel about myself. It truly is the greatest gift I ever received in my life. Truly a miracle. 

Edited by Wusang
Spelling and grammar