poet_kelly

loud gurgling noises?

20 posts in this topic

Since my surgery, I notice that after I eat my stomach often makes very loud gurgling noises. It doesn't always do it, but often it does. Is this normal? I don't suppose there's any way to stop it, is there? It can be embarrassing.

Kelly

Mine does that too. I was wondering the same thing. I feel fine though. :D

lol ... yep even 2 months out I still get a bit of gurgling ;)

I think it just has to do with the digestion process ... it's moving around any air that got in there.

Some times after it gurgles I have to belch. I see it mentioned quite a bit on here so I think it's fairly common

:)

I feel fine, too. I got a lot of funny looks, though. I'm 7 months out, so I don't know if it's going to go away.

Kelly

That is how mine tells me I am full usually. Sometimes it also just does it when it wants too. So I know if I haven't been eating, it is just doing that for it's own reason.

Yep, I agree it's normal!

I'm 15 months out and mine still gurgles sometimes; not as much as newly post-op...but my hubby just gives me the strangest looks when my pouch decides to "party it up".

So I was reading this my tummy is doing the same thing. I just ate some mashed potatoes.

yupps. My tummy did that for like the 5 days... til I started on the full liquids. It's pretty much stopped since then. :D

Yep mine sounds like a train sometimes...especially in bed...lol

19 months out and my intestines chatter to themselves a lot of the times but like Relovlee, bedtime seems to be the worse.

I am so glad to see this post regarding rumbling of the tummy. I am 5 years post op and my tummy rumbles very loudly at times. And...you are right it is embarrassing but there is nothing you can do about it. I have taken everything I can find OTC to help quiet it down and nothing works! It's not an every day thing but causes a lot of embarrassment when it does happen!

Mine does too, I just figure that it is because it is so small. But my kids love it they will take turns at night putting their head on my tummy to listen to the food digest. But for me it only happens at night

Mine does that, depending on what I eat. I just try not to be embarrassed about it. What can you do, you know? :-)

I just thought of a witty comeback! If someone looks at you funny, just look at them and say, "That's the sound of weight loss!"

I am a year out and the "pouch and pipes" still get to rumbling at times. I just smile when people hear it (usually they don't, but I feel it) and then I say, "Would you prefer flatulence?"

I'm SO bad.

My stomach does most of it talking right after I drink water. Of course it really talks when I am waiting in my doctor's office. Everyone just looks at me and ask if I am hungry. I just tell them yes.

Question, why would the water make the most noise? Seem like it would keep it down.

Cathy

I have to take lactulose for constipation...and like clock work, an hour later, my stomach (or is it my bowels) are gurgling so loud I've had people turn around and look at me.

It even distracts me when I'm reading or watching a movie....

I mean it is REALLY LOUD!!!!!

During my 1 month post op I told the surgeon - I have a lot of action from this area (hand on tummy just above navel) - he just smiled and said "Yep, you're gonna hear all about it from your digestive system". I don't mind it at all, and if it chatters away at some unflattering moment, I just put my hand on my tummy and say "Hey, shhhh down there!".

Yesterday, my stomach made such a loud noise I looked around to see if there was someone else in the room because I didn't think I could have made that sound.

This is kind of an old thread. My stomach still makes loud noises sometimes, but not nearly as much as when I first posed this question. So maybe it does get better in time.

Kelly