• Announcements

• John

Community Guidelines   09/15/2015

A reminder that we have a general set of guidelines that are available at http://www.thinnertimesforum.com/guidelines/. If you have any questions or concerns, you may express them to me or a Community Leader directly. Thank you,
      John Callery
gigs1019

gastric bypass restaurant card

11 posts in this topic

My surgeon gave me a laminated card similar to that, with his office info on the reverse side, so it looks a bit more official. I always carry it in my wallet, but I've only used it one time (when the Chinese buffet gave me the child's price). At other places, I haven't been questioned when I ask to see a kid's menu.

If you go to Disney World, those cards are golden. At the (expensive) buffets, they will give you the child's price instead.

i was finally able to use mine a few weeks ago at Sweet Tomatoes (salad buffet) they charged me the child price. Although i didnt even eat as much as my kid!

Thanks for this, I have heard about these.

Hmm I guess we could use these over in Canada too even though its a US site??

When I ordered some vitamin samples from Celebrate, they sent me a card that had a vitamin schedule on one side and GB restaurant card on the other side.

Thanks for link. My card is messed up. I guess I should have laminated.

I'm going to print it out for buffet use. The problem I run into is finding decent food on the child's menu. Most of the stuff there is like grilled cheese, chicken strips, hot dogs, hamburgers, pasta, mac n cheese, corn dogs, pancakes, etc. I find it better to order off of the senior menu. More healthful choices.

Thanks for the info.

My doctors office gave me a card like Sherry's did...with their name, etc. on the back.

I need to get it laminated...I may get an 'extra' one next time I go back for a follow-up visit.

I have yet to use mine....the few times I've gone out I've usually ordered something like a scrambled egg or a salad....or 'picked' off of someone else's plate. I still can't eat a child sized meal...or they are things that I couldn't/wouldn't eat anyway...

But I think it's a great idea, just in case...

Wow, I like the idea of having one of these!

Hubby likes to go to the same Chinese buffet brunch every Sunday, so they know us. I wasn't eating anything for many months after surgery, but recently started getting a few things like soup or a small piece of chicken.

They decided I don't eat enough to even bother charging for a second buffet! :P:rolleyes: