sherry7

What Did You Eat Yesterday (or today)?

2,920 posts in this topic

I have a lot of running around to do today. Here's what on today's meal/exercise plan...

Breakfast: One scoop UNJURY Chocolate Splendor with 1-1/2 cup Organic Skim milk

Snack: 6 oz Chobani Black Cherry Greek yogurt

Lunch: One scoop UNJURY Chicken Soup with 1 cup water

Pre-Workout Snack: 1 High-Protein Peanut Butter Ball

Dinner: 4 oz barbecue pulled pork, 2 oz organic raw baby carrots

After-Workout Snack: One scoop UNJURY Chocolate Splendor with 1-1/2 cup Organic Skim milk

Calories
;
Fat
;
Protein
;
Sodium
;
Carbs
(per www.myfitnesspal.com)

Exercise: 60-minute Jazzercise Class (Dance/Tone); 2-mile run

Breakfast: One scoop Protein powder with 4 oz skim milk Snack: Oh Yeah Protein Wafer Lunch: 3 oz tuna with light mayo and 6 wheat crackers Snack: 1/2 cup strawberries Dinner: 4 oz yokisoba with chicken Snack: 1 sugar free fudge pop, 1/4 cup sunflower seeds

Calories
963;
Fat
Protein
Carbs
Exercise
:
2.25 mile run, 20 minutes exercise bike and 20 minutes ellipitcal - burned 655 calories
Edited by AboutTime

Snack: 6 oz Chobani Peach Greek yogurt

Lunch: One scoop UNJURY Chicken Soup with 1 cup water

Pre-Workout Snack: 1 High-Protein Peanut Butter Ball

Dinner: 9 turkey meatballs, 1/4 cup french style green beans

After-Workout Snack: One scoop UNJURY Chocolate Splendor with 1-1/2 cup Organic Skim milk

Calories
;
Fat
;
Protein
;
Sodium
:huh:
;
Carbs

Exercise: 60-minute Jazzercise Class (Dance/Tone); 3.1-mile run (burned 1027 calories)

NOTE: Oops...overdid the sodium a bit. Good thing my fluid intake was much higher today! It was in the low 80s today here in Michigan, and did I ever sweat during my run and at Jazzercise tonight!

So far, I am down a couple of pounds since I started posting my meals once again and recommitting to healthy habits. Here's hoping the numbers keep going down a little more. It will be so good to be back in the 140s...and even better once I hit my goal weight...just to be able to say I did it!

Edited by Martee

I am trying hard to get on track. I am a bit confused as to what to eat right now because everything I am reading says that for a breastfeeding mother I should eat at least 1800 calories a day (absolute minimum). I haven't lost anything since having my baby, but am at a normal BMI, so maybe I am not going to lose anymore or maybe I wasn't eating enough... anyhow....

B: coffee with cream followed by a Quest bar

L: Tofu with veggies and chicken and a small piece of cheese pizza

S: venti skinny mocha

S: 1/2 a sweet potato

D: 1.5oz steak, 1 small stuffed mushroom, 1 tiny piece of baguette with a pat of butter, 1/2 cup salad with light dressing

S: light yogurt, string cheese

S: pear, tiny piece of baguette, string cheese

S: planning on having a glass of milk before bed

calories: 1758, fat: 67.8, carbs: 185, protein: 120

Snack: 1 banana

Lunch: Clif Builder Chocolate Mint protein bar, 1 small Ida Red apple

Pre-Workout Snack: 2 High-Protein Peanut Butter Balls, One scoop UNJURY Chocolate Splendor with 1-1/2 cup Organic Skim milk

After-Workout Snack: Clif Builder Chocolate protein bar

Dinner: 4 oz barbecue pulled pork, 3 oz organic raw baby carrots

Calories
;
Fat
;
Protein
;
Sodium
;
Carbs

Exercise: 60-minute Jazzercise Class (Dance/Tone); 4.2-mile run

Holy smokes...I got carried away today! I didn't plan out my day as I have been doing the past few days. I was away from home quite a bit today, so I kept grabbing protein drinks and protein bars because they were simple to grab. We'll see how this pans out with tomorrow's weigh-in. I'm sort of afraid to get on the scale tomorrow. The only good thing today is that I drank close to twice the amount of water I usually drink because of my exercise. I ran two separate times today (2.75 miles the first time, 45 minutes later I ran the rest), as well as went to Jazzercise. I have no idea how I found the energy to do it all. Tomorrow will definitely be a rest day for me. Live and learn!

Edited: I figured out I had included one extra protein drink on My Fitness Pal food diary, so I had to change my numbers above. Whoops! :unsure:

Edited by Martee

TOTAL: 1,621 166g 79g 92g 193mg 2,558mg 58g 31g Breakfast

Allrecipes - Crustless Spinach Quiche, 0.5 slice or 1/6 of pie 155 2g 12g 10g 116mg 270mg 1g 1g

Raw - Pear, 1 medium 69 28g 0g 1g 0mg 1mg 17g 6g

Lunch

Brussels Sprouts - Sauteed In Olive Oil and Garlic, 0.1 CUP 16 1g 1g 0g 0mg 2mg 0g 0g Ribeye - Steak 8 oz, 1.5 oz 113 0g 6g 12g 24mg 27mg 0g 0g Generic - Crab Stuffed Mushroom, 2 ea 200 20g 12g 6g 10mg 380mg 6g 2g Dinner Erbert and Gerbert's - Giza on White, 0.33 sandwich 228 21g 12g 9g 18mg 587mg 1g 1g Doritos Nacho Cheese - Doritos Chips, 1 oz (28g) 150 17g 8g 2g 0mg 210mg 1g 1g

Snacks

Flavorite - String Cheese Snacks - Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese, 1 stick 80 1g 5g 7g 15mg 190mg 0g 0g Quest Bar - Chocolate Brownie, 1 Bar 170 24g 6g 20g 5mg 340mg 1g 19g Starbucks - Skinny Mocha Latte, 16 ounces 140 18g 2g 14g 0mg 170mg 15g 0g Danon Light & Fit - Blueberry, 6 oz 80 15g 0g 5g 5mg 75mg 11g 0g Jiff - Peanut Butter 1tbsp/95c/16g, 1 tbsp 95 4g 8g 4g 0mg 75mg 2g 1g Austin - Cheese Crackers With Cheddar Cheese1.38oz, 0.66 package -3 Crackers 125 15g 7g 2g 0mg 231mg 3g 0g

My fat content for the day was really high, so I am going to work on that today. I am trying to figure out how to get 1800 calories without relying too much on full fats. Maybe I need to start doing protein shakes again.

sorry for the formatting, I copied and pasted and then it got jumbled.

Edited by Erika

Nice thread!!! This would definitely hold me accountable (I think). Haven't been doing horrible, but not great either.

Yesterday

Breakfast: Peach Greek Yogurt, water

Snack: Handful of Almonds, water

Late Lunch: Mushrooms with most of the breading pulled off (that's hard to do) :o, sprite (1/4 of a cup)

Dinner: 1/2 pork chop, 4 scalloped potatoes, salad, iced tea

Today

Breakfast: 1 Breakfast burrito, tea

Snack: Handful of almonds

Lunch: Lasagna, tea

Dinner: I'm not sure yet. Could be leftover lasagna.

I'm starting this thread for those of us who want to post our daily food intake. I, for one, am more accountable when I write things down. Even though some days I completely suck, I still like the idea of keeping myself honest. :rolleyes:

If you'd prefer to post what you ate today (instead of yesterday), you can do that too. Anything goes! :D

If you can remember, please also post how far out you are, unless you have it in your signature. Because of course, the eating difference between someone 1 month out, 6 months out, several years out, etc are significant.

So here we go, peeps...

Yesterday was a very untypical day for me. I took a vacation day off work, and slept in until almost noon. :o So of course, I slept right through the breakfast hours. The hubby and I then left the house for the remainder of the day.

Before leaving home - 2 Fire Roasted Tomato & Olive Oil Triscuit crackers.

Late lunch/early dinner at TGI Friday's - I ordered the 12 oz Jack Daniels New York Strip steak. (Which, by the way, completely sucked. It was overdone, dry, and gristly.) I had about 1/3 of the steak (4 oz), 3 small onion rings, about 1/8 cup of cooked mushrooms, and about 1/2 cup of mashed potatoes.

After a bit of shopping, we stopped at Sam's Club. The sample people were out in full force, as typical for a weekend. I byp@*#ed most of them, but did have an wedge of orange.

We then stopped at an Italian grocery store, where they have sample bowls of broken biscotti at the bakery. In my warped mind, broken biscotti does not have any calories, lol. I had a tiny piece, about 1" x 2".

Late dinner after arriving at home - 1/3 cup of antipasta (from the Italian grocer).

Late evening snack - 50 pistachios (I bought a 5 lb bag at the Italian grocer).

Even later evening snack - 2 SF creamsicles

Late, late evening snack - 8 jumbo olives, stuffed with aged cheese (damn the Italian grocer for selling this delicacy to me, lol).

Water/calorie free beverages: 48 oz.

Vitamins: Yes

Exercise: None, except chewing!

Overall, this was a pretty bad day for me. I didn't even come close to getting my protein in. I didn't drink enough, and I snacked entirely too much. I didn't eat breakfast either, but since I slept through it, I'm not counting that transgression. ;)

edit: I'm 8 1/2 months post-op.

~~~~ Hi, I am soooo very glad to read your report of what you ate today!!!

If you don't mind, I am going to follow you for a while, & compare, & immitate your good days~

I am now 66 years old. I had my Gastric Bypass with Dr.Colin MacColl, Sacred Heart Riverbend Hospital, Springfield, Oregon, (Wonderful man & Clinic) on September 2, 2011. I was 227 lbs. at 5'3" ~ So ~~ today is June 21, 2012, I am 160lbs. & I would like to loose 15 more lbs. But I have been at a standstill. ~~ I have been wondering if I have stretched out my stomach, the little bitty thing, ~ because I get so very hungry. I have increased my protions from 1/2 cup, trying to keep it at 1 cup. But ~ I get hungry. I was unabel to eat salads until the last month, & I do eat protein first. Some days I can eat more & it feels fine, I just feel like I the amounts are more than I am entitled to eat.

Any suggestions???

But ~ Today I ate

Breakfast ~ a little (3 tbsp)left-over pulled pork heated in one scrambled egg. (yummy) & 1 thinner bagel, (the thin ones that are 80 calories) toasted with small amount of "I can't believe its not butter" ~~ & later a cup of decaf & s/f coffeemate.

Lunch~~~ 1 soft pretzel ~~ I was at the mall with my daughter & granddaughter!!

The pretzel was so good. But ~~ ~

I came home, & felt puffy, & stuffy & not good. About an hour ago, it all came up!! I will not try that again. I am noW sipping some crystal light in water!!!

& I will have some cottage cheese & smashed banana in it, (my form of ice cream) later, maybe, after my stomach is more settled.

But, I needed to hear what you said about the shape of the pouch, & the opening. I had no idea of the opening at the bottom. It does help to know WHY!!

I do eat several (3 or 4) graham crackers before I got to bed at night. It seems to settle my stomach down when I am tired. ~ I know it is a carb, but it does help. Or about 1/4 cup of almonds, no salt etc.

I would like to know if anyone else has had a severe hair loss since surgery?? & if so ~ does it grow back?? Please?? How long??

I have lost about 1/3 of my hair, it it just so very thin, & limp. I have tried several treatments. But nothing helps. I do not like seeing a shiny scalp when I look in the mirror!! It has gone so gray, & I look very pale!!

BUT~~

I am so glad I have lost so much weight, & feel so good, & I am regaining my health!! The reason I had this drastic surgery was because I was told I would have cancer of the liver or pancreas with in 2 years if I did not !! I was so shocked!! I did not think God was ready for me yet!!

I am now off of all diabetes medications,(from 5 shots of insulin & 3 pills per day)& my BP is great!! & my liver has returned to its normal size (it was 3x its normal size, due to diabetes) all my blood test show that I am HEALTHY!!! My cholesterol is 165, & ~~ I am so happy. I have found I can not eat even a small amount of sugar, or fats, as dumping was severe for even a tiny amount.~ So That is fine!!! I eat my s/f chocolate chewable calcium for a treat, that is fine!!! & some almonds too. What a treat!!

So, that is my story, Please tell me what to do to loose this last 15 lbs,.

Oh, I also joined an exercise gym. & I love it!! feels good to stretch & move~~

& any suggestions for the hair??

Thank you, Very Much!!!

Patty R in Oregon, (ofs)

I'm starting this thread for those of us who want to post our daily food intake. I, for one, am more accountable when I write things down. Even though some days I completely suck, I still like the idea of keeping myself honest. :rolleyes:

If you'd prefer to post what you ate today (instead of yesterday), you can do that too. Anything goes! :D

If you can remember, please also post how far out you are, unless you have it in your signature. Because of course, the eating difference between someone 1 month out, 6 months out, several years out, etc are significant.

So here we go, peeps...

Yesterday was a very untypical day for me. I took a vacation day off work, and slept in until almost noon. :o So of course, I slept right through the breakfast hours. The hubby and I then left the house for the remainder of the day.

Before leaving home - 2 Fire Roasted Tomato & Olive Oil Triscuit crackers.

Late lunch/early dinner at TGI Friday's - I ordered the 12 oz Jack Daniels New York Strip steak. (Which, by the way, completely sucked. It was overdone, dry, and gristly.) I had about 1/3 of the steak (4 oz), 3 small onion rings, about 1/8 cup of cooked mushrooms, and about 1/2 cup of mashed potatoes.

After a bit of shopping, we stopped at Sam's Club. The sample people were out in full force, as typical for a weekend. I byp@*#ed most of them, but did have an wedge of orange.

We then stopped at an Italian grocery store, where they have sample bowls of broken biscotti at the bakery. In my warped mind, broken biscotti does not have any calories, lol. I had a tiny piece, about 1" x 2".

Late dinner after arriving at home - 1/3 cup of antipasta (from the Italian grocer).

Late evening snack - 50 pistachios (I bought a 5 lb bag at the Italian grocer).

Even later evening snack - 2 SF creamsicles

Late, late evening snack - 8 jumbo olives, stuffed with aged cheese (damn the Italian grocer for selling this delicacy to me, lol).

Water/calorie free beverages: 48 oz.

Vitamins: Yes

Exercise: None, except chewing!

Overall, this was a pretty bad day for me. I didn't even come close to getting my protein in. I didn't drink enough, and I snacked entirely too much. I didn't eat breakfast either, but since I slept through it, I'm not counting that transgression. ;)

edit: I'm 8 1/2 months post-op.

~~~~ Hi, I am soooo very glad to read your report of what you ate today!!!

If you don't mind, I am going to follow you for a while, & compare, & immitate your good days~

I am now 66 years old. I had my Gastric Bypass with Dr.Colin MacColl, Sacred Heart Riverbend Hospital, Springfield, Oregon, (Wonderful man & Clinic) on September 2, 2011. I was 227 lbs. at 5'3" ~ So ~~ today is June 21, 2012, I am 160lbs. & I would like to loose 15 more lbs. But I have been at a standstill. ~~ I have been wondering if I have stretched out my stomach, the little bitty thing, ~ because I get so very hungry. I have increased my protions from 1/2 cup, trying to keep it at 1 cup. But ~ I get hungry. I was unabel to eat salads until the last month, & I do eat protein first. Some days I can eat more & it feels fine, I just feel like I the amounts are more than I am entitled to eat.

Any suggestions???

But ~ Today I ate

Breakfast ~ a little (3 tbsp)left-over pulled pork heated in one scrambled egg. (yummy) & 1 thinner bagel, (the thin ones that are 80 calories) toasted with small amount of "I can't believe its not butter" ~~ & later a cup of decaf & s/f coffeemate.

Lunch~~~ 1 soft pretzel ~~ I was at the mall with my daughter & granddaughter!!

The pretzel was so good. But ~~ ~

I came home, & felt puffy, & stuffy & not good. About an hour ago, it all came up!! I will not try that again. I am noW sipping some crystal light in water!!!

& I will have some cottage cheese & smashed banana in it, (my form of ice cream) later, maybe, after my stomach is more settled.

But, I needed to hear what you said about the shape of the pouch, & the opening. I had no idea of the opening at the bottom. It does help to know WHY!!

I do eat several (3 or 4) graham crackers before I got to bed at night. It seems to settle my stomach down when I am tired. ~ I know it is a carb, but it does help. Or about 1/4 cup of almonds, no salt etc.

I would like to know if anyone else has had a severe hair loss since surgery?? & if so ~ does it grow back?? Please?? How long??

I have lost about 1/3 of my hair, it it just so very thin, & limp. I have tried several treatments. But nothing helps. I do not like seeing a shiny scalp when I look in the mirror!! It has gone so gray, & I look very pale!!

BUT~~

I am so glad I have lost so much weight, & feel so good, & I am regaining my health!! The reason I had this drastic surgery was because I was told I would have cancer of the liver or pancreas with in 2 years if I did not !! I was so shocked!! I did not think God was ready for me yet!!

I am now off of all diabetes medications,(from 5 shots of insulin & 3 pills per day)& my BP is great!! & my liver has returned to its normal size (it was 3x its normal size, due to diabetes) all my blood test show that I am HEALTHY!!! My cholesterol is 165, & ~~ I am so happy. I have found I can not eat even a small amount of sugar, or fats, as dumping was severe for even a tiny amount.~ So That is fine!!! I eat my s/f chocolate chewable calcium for a treat, that is fine!!! & some almonds too. What a treat!!

So, that is my story, Please tell me what to do to loose this last 15 lbs,.

Oh, I also joined an exercise gym. & I love it!! feels good to stretch & move~~

& any suggestions for the hair??

Thank you, Very Much!!!

Patty R in Oregon, (ofs)

Hi Everyone, Today I did well!!

breakfast ~ 3/4 cup oatmeal, with Stevia, 1/2 banana.

Lunch ~ protein shake,

snack ~ 4 chicken wing parts (baked) raw veggies.

Dinner ~ brown rice, 1/2 c, topped with tomato,avacado, onion, 2oz chicken, Caffe Yum Sauce, (healthy low fat)

tonight I had a hand full of almonds.

My highest Weight when I beginnning of this process was

227, At surgery I was 205. (9/2/2011) I am not 157. I want to loose 15 more. But seem to be at a stand still. I did up my exercise, starting today. and will stay off any sweets to loose it. Low Carb! Protein , veggies for me!!! Protein shakes.

The best thing is, I am on NO medications anymore. my blood sugar is a 100. A1C is 6.2. That is down from 8.4 ~~ It worked ~~~

Peace and All Good!!

Patty R from Oregon

Edited by Patty R in Oregon

Yesterday-

Breakfast - Eggbeaters mixed with a little bit of cheese, canadian bacon, and salsa

Snack - skinless apple slices and peanut butter

Lunch - Plain nonfat greek yogurt mixed with chocolate protein powder and a stevia packet

Dinner - refried beans mixed with a little bit of cheese and salsa

I had a cup of non-fat Faje yogurt for breakfast and a 1/4 of fresh strawberries.

A protein shake (35 grams) for lunch (easier at school).  

A tablespoon of peanut butter for a snack a little while ago.

For dinner I am having four ounces of grilled salmon, and some broccoli with lemon zest, garlic, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper! 

I had 1/4 lb deli turkey with 1/8 deli cheese for breakfast 4 oz of buffalo chicken salad for lunch 1 quest bar a couple bites of filet mignon topped by crab for dinner and a sf pop for dessert.

1/2 cup cottege cheese for breakfast

1/2 cup refried beans for lunch

About 2 oz beef jerkey for snack

2 oz baked chicken will be for dinner

Sf popcicle for liquid intake

Sf fudgecicle for snack

1/2 cup cottege cheese for breakfast

1/2 cup refried beans for lunch

About 2 oz beef jerkey for snack

2 oz baked chicken will be for dinner

Sf popcicle for liquid intake

Sf fudgecicle for snack

Breakfast- 1 cheese stick

Lunch- half of a grilled chicken wrap

Dinner- deer roast with steamed vegetables. (About 3 oz. total)

Snack- coffee with cream, sugar, and half scoop of protein powder

More than three years out...what did I eat yesterday...?

Friday, right?

Coffee x 2 for breakfast. 

Asian pho-type soup for lunch.

Two pieces of frozen gluten-free pizza and some 24-month aged gouda for dinner, along with some chocolate and wine.

Don't be like me. I don't really lose, but I don't gain either, sooo... Let's see what my dr says after my three-year follow-up next week... ;-) 

Posted (edited)

I am LOVING this thread. I've been trying to find lists of people's daily menus to see if I'm doing alright and to get ideas for how to vary what I'm having. (Especially since I don't like yogurt and plain flavored things, like plain tuna/chicken, tough to find variety without adding too much sauce/fat/etc.) 

Today:

Breakfast:  protein shake made of 1/2 cup blueberries, 1/2 cup rasberries, 1/2 banana, 1.5 scoops of vanilla protein powder, and ~8 oz of ff milk

Lunch:  1 oz left over meat only chili (no beans) on about 1/2 cup of spinach and 1/2 cup (this part is a guess) of shredded cheddar cheese

Snack: 1/2 Quest protein bar

Dinner:  2 oz. left over salmon with a drizzle of terayaki sauce

Snack:  1/4 cup almonds, 1 oz hard white cheese (like a white cheddar), and 1 small piece individually wrapped sugar free dark chocolate (russel stovers)

Still probably have one more snack, either a 2nd protein shake or something similar to one of the things above. 

Any feedback greatly appreciated :)

Ps- just over 4 months out

Edited by Gradstudentmom

I like this a lot. Reading what other people are regularly eating helps ease my mind and keep me on track myself. My week days look very similar with the only variable being dinner. This is what is planned for today and is a very typical day for me.

6am - Premier Chocolate Protein Shake

11am - 2oz roast turkey deli meat, 1oz Bellavatino Cheese

2pm - Oikos Triple 0 Salted Caramel Yogurt

5pm - 3oz turkey and pork meatballs in marinara w/ Cheese

7pm - 1/2 Cup Halo Top

79g Protein, 26g net carbs, 707 calories, 70oz of water.

BurgundyBoy likes this