sherry7

What Did You Eat Yesterday (or today)?

I'm starting this thread for those of us who want to post our daily food intake. I, for one, am more accountable when I write things down. Even though some days I completely suck, I still like the idea of keeping myself honest. :rolleyes:

If you'd prefer to post what you ate today (instead of yesterday), you can do that too. Anything goes! :D

If you can remember, please also post how far out you are, unless you have it in your signature. Because of course, the eating difference between someone 1 month out, 6 months out, several years out, etc are significant.

So here we go, peeps...

Yesterday was a very untypical day for me. I took a vacation day off work, and slept in until almost noon. :o So of course, I slept right through the breakfast hours. The hubby and I then left the house for the remainder of the day.

Before leaving home - 2 Fire Roasted Tomato & Olive Oil Triscuit crackers.

Late lunch/early dinner at TGI Friday's - I ordered the 12 oz Jack Daniels New York Strip steak. (Which, by the way, completely sucked. It was overdone, dry, and gristly.) I had about 1/3 of the steak (4 oz), 3 small onion rings, about 1/8 cup of cooked mushrooms, and about 1/2 cup of mashed potatoes.

After a bit of shopping, we stopped at Sam's Club. The sample people were out in full force, as typical for a weekend. I bypassed most of them, but did have an wedge of orange.

We then stopped at an Italian grocery store, where they have sample bowls of broken biscotti at the bakery. In my warped mind, broken biscotti does not have any calories, lol. I had a tiny piece, about 1" x 2".

Late dinner after arriving at home - 1/3 cup of antipasta (from the Italian grocer).

Late evening snack - 50 pistachios (I bought a 5 lb bag at the Italian grocer).

Even later evening snack - 2 SF creamsicles

Late, late evening snack - 8 jumbo olives, stuffed with aged cheese (damn the Italian grocer for selling this delicacy to me, lol).

Water/calorie free beverages: 48 oz.

Vitamins: Yes

Exercise: None, except chewing!

Overall, this was a pretty bad day for me. I didn't even come close to getting my protein in. I didn't drink enough, and I snacked entirely too much. I didn't eat breakfast either, but since I slept through it, I'm not counting that transgression. ;)

edit: I'm 8 1/2 months post-op.

Edited by cinwa

I'm 8 1/2 months post-op.

Today's intake (so far):

Breakfast - Baked Oatmeal (I posted this on the Recipe board recently)

1/4 cup walnuts

Lunch - 50 pistachios

2 SF creamsicles

Snack - 1/2 cup of canned pumpkin mixed with SF FF dry butterscotch pudding. (Recipe, use 1 can of canned pumpkin and add 1 small box of SF FF pudding, your choice of flavor.)

1/4 cup walnuts

Snack - 2 Edy's no sugar added fruit popsicle

Dinner - 1/2 Santa Fe Tortilla Company whole wheat tortilla, topped with 1/2 cup of ricotta cheese, FF marinara sauce, and 3 slices of turkey pepperoni. Baked in the oven, like a pizza.

Snack - Snyder's soy chips, 1 serving. (Ick, way too salty.)

1/4 cup walnuts

Snack - 1 orange

Water/calorie free/caffeine-free beverages: 64 oz.

Vitamins: I forgot my calcium today. :(

Exercise: None, except chewing! (I just got a new-to-me exercise bike yesterday. I really should get off the darned computer and go use it.)

note: Today isn't turning out very well either. I'm in a "snacky" mood, and I'm craving salt. I'm blaming Aunt Flo, who came to visit yesterday. She's a real #*%$#, and I stopped inviting her to visit, but you know how that goes. ;)

Edited by sherry7
added food

i'm 14 months post op

yesterday

breakfast - 1 1/2 scoops of chocolate protein with 1/2 SF cocoa 1/3rd banana

1 SB doubleshot light

lunch 1 tacobell taco

1 serving of cheezit :(

late night dinner

3 bites of burger and 4 french fries ( i had a craving and sadly after eating those bites regreted that) lesson learned

Today:

2 SB doubleshot Lights

1packet weight control Cinnomon oatmeal with 1/2 banana

lunch -2 steak nuggets

shut up......1 triple venti skinny vanilla latte

dinner: 1 beef hotdog with baked beans

Edited by Godsblessedme

Thanks for posting Deb. :)

I hope we can get a bunch of us posting daily to this thread. It doesn't matter how far out you are, or even if you're still doing the pre-op diet. It's all about being accountable to yourself.

Just a thought but it might be of help to list your calorie and nutritional breakdown if possible. It's not always about how much you eat but where those calories are coming from too.

Anyway - it's only just about 3.00 p.m. here so this is yesterday's:

Early: 1 cup ff milk + pure whey stack (1/2 before exercise, 1/2 afterwards).

B: 1/2 cup ff homemade yogurt (strained) + 1/4 cup TVP + 3oz fresh blueberries

S: 1 slice 16-grain bread toasted + 1/2 cup B&M no sugar added Baked Beans + small apple

L: small mixed green salad + 1/2 cup cherry toms + 4 large shrimp + 3 large olives

S: 1/2 cup grapes + medium peach

S: 1/2 cup ff homemade yogurt (strained) + small banana + 1tbs ground flax

D: 3oz Chinook smoked salmon (lox), 2 stalks celery, 1/2 cup sliced srawberries

S: 1oz unblanched almonds + 1 cup watermelon

S: 3 Sunsweet prunes

S: 1 cup ff milk + Davincci sf coffee syrup

1,721 calories

(30.3g fat - 16%)

(240.6g carbs - 50%)

(135.5g protein - 33%)

I limit the starchy carbs to 2 small servings a day (the bread and banana from that list). Carbs from ff milk and ff yogurt I don't worry about, nor those from fruit and vegetables.

The nutritional stats are a good idea Corrine. I don't currently use fitday.com (or whichever you use), so I don't have that info. Which one DO you use? I looked at a couple of the different options, but it seems awfully hard to find the different foods, and use the recipe builders.

I can see you're a snacker Corrine, but it seems like your calories, etc are very suitable for someone who is trying to maintain. I'm amazed at the amount of protein you manage to get in.

today:

breakfast -- 12 ounces of calorie counter milk + carnation instant breakfast

lunch -- 1 cup trader joe's canned chicken chili with beans + pinch of low-fat shredded cheese

dinner -- I just had a slice of roast beef + american cheese... going out with my friends in a bit but I don't know if dinner is part of the plan or not, so I had half of what I'd normally have for dinner and if we *do* go out, I'll just have something small and pick at it. if we don't, I'll have another ounce or two of roast beef when I get home.

hey i am liking this thread already.....yesterdays food is a blur to me

so i am gonna go with today so far.....but the food has been not typical

for me either today, i was out since early, and have been driving all day...actually i have been in 3 different states today lol

Breakfast...ordered a feta cheese/mushroom 2 egg omelet, ate 1/3 of it

wasnt really hungry....but a BOATLOAD of coffee already by this point lol

skipped lunch.....D R I V I N G !!! i do alot of driving and somehow get nowhere...lol my car is alittle over a year old and i have almost 30,000 miles on it.:eek:

snack....about 2 ounces of trail mix

Dinner was a treat....picked up my daughter from college for the weekend....she is in culinary school....and she brought me a personal sized spinach/sausage quiche that she made for me...it was prob about 6 ounces, ate ALL of it minus some crust(not much lol)

7:30pm here have had 48 ounces of water and 1,000 ounces of coffee so far lol

all vitamins done too

I am sure i will have something else to eat today.....finish my water...and down some more coffee

Breakfast

.25 cp Egg substitute

1 sl 2% Cheese

Snack

1 - Dannon Lite & Fit Yogurt

Lunch

5 cp 1 % cottage cheese lowfat

.33 cp crushed Pineapple packed in juice

Snack

.5 oz pistachio nuts, dry roasted, with salt added

Dinner

1.5 sl Tomato & Artichoke Pizza thin crust w/ cheese (cut off the extra crust on the end)

Snack

1 scoop Syntrax Sweets Protein Chocolate

Cal 978

Fat 32.2

carbs 101.8

protein 74.8

wow you guys are really eating healthy! i'm impressed i must be the only "loser" not good "looser" in the bunch geesh Corrine your choices are so wonderful and Sherry you are the chef!

The nutritional stats are a good idea Corrine. I don't currently use fitday.com (or whichever you use), so I don't have that info. Which one DO you use? I looked at a couple of the different options, but it seems awfully hard to find the different foods, and use the recipe builders.

I can see you're a snacker Corrine, but it seems like your calories, etc are very suitable for someone who is trying to maintain. I'm amazed at the amount of protein you manage to get in.

I use fitday.com Sherry. And if they don't have the data on something I eat, Calorie Count generally has it: Calorie Count Search - kashi go lean It's just a case of adding it and it'll be there whenever I need it.

And basically, most of us have a rotation of foods so it doesn't take too long to build up your regular list.

The good thing about fitday is that not only does it give you a breakdown of your intake as far as carbs and fats and protein is concerned but it also breaks it down further into nutritional information as far as vitamins and minerals are concerned and will give it in a graph form too. I like that cause it lets me keep an eye on the sodium and potassium intakes etc. And it does the exercise thing too.

My protein was a little higher than normal (100-110g) because I ate two lots of fish (lox and shrimp). Once is usually all I manage.

Now, I don't see it that I'm snacking.

I work out in advance what I'm going to eat and based on what I'm doing that day (whether I'm working, out shopping or in the house etc.), I split my food up accordingly. I don't wing it throughout the day - that is fatal.

I've eaten that way right from when I started eating reasonably normally. A little and often is what works for me and it definately worked during my losing phase. Although I never had a scale in the house, I weighed at the hospital every 4-6 weeks and not once did I not achieve the 8-10lb monthly loss expected.

Didn't matter whether I was on 600 and 1600 calories - I used the same eating plan.

I really would recommend some form of diet planner. Once we start on a varied diet, everyone needs to know where their calories are coming from. Same amount of calories but a higher fat or a higher carb count (from crappy sources) will make a difference to whether you lose weight or not.

I use fitday.com Sherry. And if they don't have the data on something I eat, Calorie Count generally has it: Calorie Count Search - kashi go lean It's just a case of adding it and it'll be there whenever I need it.

And basically, most of us have a rotation of foods so it doesn't take too long to build up your regular list.

The good thing about fitday is that not only does it give you a breakdown of your intake as far as carbs and fats and protein is concerned but it also breaks it down further into nutritional information as far as vitamins and minerals are concerned and will give it in a graph form too. I like that cause it lets me keep an eye on the sodium and potassium intakes etc. And it does the exercise thing too.

My protein was a little higher than normal (100-110g) because I ate two lots of fish (lox and shrimp). Once is usually all I manage.

Now, I don't see it that I'm snacking.

I work out in advance what I'm going to eat and based on what I'm doing that day (whether I'm working, out shopping or in the house etc.), I split my food up accordingly. I don't wing it throughout the day - that is fatal.

I've eaten that way right from when I started eating reasonably normally. A little and often is what works for me and it definately worked during my losing phase. Although I never had a scale in the house, I weighed at the hospital every 4-6 weeks and not once did I not achieve the 8-10lb monthly loss expected.

Didn't matter whether I was on 600 and 1600 calories - I used the same eating plan.

I really would recommend some form of diet planner. Once we start on a varied diet, everyone needs to know where their calories are coming from. Same amount of calories but a higher fat or a higher carb count (from crappy sources) will make a difference to whether you lose weight or not.

Hi Corrine. I didn't mean the "snacking comment" in a negative way. I hope you didn't take it as such. :) I only meant that you like to eat several times during the day (as do I). But, you still have a very balanced total at the end of the day, which is what matters. Sorry if I offended you with my comment...that wasn't my intention at all. :)

I'm going to go check out Fitday.com again. I looked at several online sites recently (fitday, sparkpeople, myfitnessplanner, dailyplate), but couldn't decide on one. I've been keeping a paper journal (50% of the time), but I really would like to have the exact nutritional info like you do.

Does Fitday.com have a recipe analyzer? If so, do you find it easy to use?

You didn't offend me Sherry - truthfully, I didn't take it like that.

But I apologise if I waded in strong about the snacking thing. Snacking got me to where I needed surgery in the first place - no planning, grabbing the quickest and easiest thing I could (which generally meant a bag of cookies). The very word brings me out in a sweat now! LOL

Fitday doesn't have a recipe planner - I use sparkspeople for that and then just transfer the stats over to fitday. A pain but once you've entered it, it'll be there when you need it again: Recipe Calculator

hugs.

p.s. Did you really eat all those pistachios and walnuts today? LOL

Did you really eat all those pistachios and walnuts today? LOL

I was gonna ask the same thing lol

Me and nuts do not see eye to eye, except in small amounts

ok add 1/2 cup of chili with sour cream to my daily total

(and coffee too...i really need to kick the coffee thing badly)

You didn't offend me Sherry - truthfully, I didn't take it like that.

But I apologise if I waded in strong about the snacking thing. Snacking got me to where I needed surgery in the first place - no planning, grabbing the quickest and easiest thing I could (which generally meant a bag of cookies). The very word brings me out in a sweat now! LOL

Fitday doesn't have a recipe planner - I use sparkspeople for that and then just transfer the stats over to fitday. A pain but once you've entered it, it'll be there when you need it again: Recipe Calculator

hugs.

p.s. Did you really eat all those pistachios and walnuts today? LOL

I'm glad I didn't offend you Corrine. You're one of my favorite people around here, you know? :)

I totally understand about snacking. I've always been a snacker, and I still am. But the difference now is my choices, and the quantity of it I eat. Lately my downfall has been Baked Doritos. Those are sold in the kitchen at work, and they're SO hard to pass up. I've been eating a small bag a couple of times a week. They're totally empty calories, but darn, they sure do taste good! I think I just need to start going to work with absolutely no money on me...then I couldn't buy the darned things. :rolleyes:

OMG, yes I DID eat all of those pistachios and walnuts today, lol! :D It's my time of the month, and I'm totally craving salty stuff. Gosh, sometimes I hate being a woman. :P

I'm glad I didn't offend you Corrine. You're one of my favorite people around here, you know? :)

I totally understand about snacking. I've always been a snacker, and I still am. But the difference now is my choices, and the quantity of it I eat. Lately my downfall has been Baked Doritos. Those are sold in the kitchen at work, and they're SO hard to pass up. I've been eating a small bag a couple of times a week. They're totally empty calories, but darn, they sure do taste good! I think I just need to start going to work with absolutely no money on me...then I couldn't buy the darned things. :rolleyes:

OMG, yes I DID eat all of those pistachios and walnuts today, lol! :D It's my time of the month, and I'm totally craving salty stuff. Gosh, sometimes I hate being a woman. :P

I snacked and binged routinely in my puffy life. I guess that's why I'm obsessed with never going back to that lifestyle or those foods.

Baked Doritos aren't so bad: 1oz - 120 cals, 3.5g fat (but only 1g mono), 21g carbs, 2g protein.

Those 50 pistachios and 2 x 1/4 cups walnuts.....you don't want to know - trust me!

OMG! :eek: I'm playing around with the online diet tracking sites. I entered all of my daily food into Sparkpeople.com. I can't believe how many calories I ate today. :mad: Now I admit, I had an unusually bad day...wrong time of the month, KWIM? One of my "killer" foods was snacking on walnuts. I'm throwing those suckers out. And the full fat ricottta cheese was a killer too.

I cut and pasted my stats for today. BTW, the Sparkpeople.com website was a pain in the butt to use. It seems like TheDailyPlate.com is a lot easier (and has WAY more listed foods), but I can't figure out how to enter my own recipe. Anyone know how?

Oh, and my snack food wasn't all at one sitting...that's just the way the website works. I did snack WAY too much today though...PMS is killing me, but that's not a good excuse.

Here's todays damage:

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Breakfast

Calories Fat Carbohydrates Protein

Baked Oatmeal, 1 serving 152 4 24 6

Walnuts, 0.25 cup pieces or chips 196 20 4 5

Meal Totals 348 23 28 11

Lunch

Pistachio Nuts, 1 oz (47 kernels) 158 13 8 6

Creamsicle Pops,No Sugar Added , 2 serving 1 pop 50 1 13 2

Meal Totals 208 13 21 7

Dinner

Santa Fe Tortilla Company whole wheat tortilla, 0.5 serving 50 2 7 4

Ricotta Cheese, whole milk, 0.5 cup 214 16 4 14

Delallo Marinara Sauce (fat free), 0.5 cup 30 0 6 2

Meal Totals 294 18 16 20

Snack

Snyder's Soy Chips, 1 serving 160 9 11 8

Walnuts, 0.25 cup, chopped 196 20 4 5

Oranges, 1 large (3-1/16" dia) 86 0 22 2

Lipton Cold Brew Tea (decaf), 64 oz 0 0 0 0

Pumpkin, cooked, 0.5 cup, mashed 25 0 6 1

Jell-o Sugar Free Fat Free Instant Butterscotch pudding, unprepared, 1 serving 25 0 6 0

Walnuts, 0.25 cup, chopped 196 20 4 5

Edy's Variety Pack Fruit Bars No Sugar Added (Strawberry, Tangerine & Raspberry), 2 serving 60 0 16 0

Pistachio Nuts, 1 oz (47 kernels) 158 13 8 6

Popsicle, sugar free, 0 serving 1 pop 0 0 0 0

Meal Totals 906 61 77 26

Daily Totals 1,756 115 142 64

Breakfast: 3 oz yogart

1/3 c powdered milk

Lunch: 2 oz canned chicken

1 oz ff cottage cheese

Dinner: 2 oz tuna

1 oz ff cottage cheese

Milk : 1 cup soy (8g protein)

1/3 c powdered milk(9g protein)

must drink very slow a sip every 4 minutes or else pouch hates me.

1 hour on treadmill in half hour increments during day

Edited by netta

Today was a totally weird day of eating, party because it is the weekend and partly because we went out for Valentine's Day. Somehow I am way more disciplined with my eating and getting in the protein on the weekdays when I am more scheduled. Anyways, here is today's:

Woke up late, had a toasted whole wheat bagel with some raspberry cream cheese.

For dinner: Red Lobster - Lobster Tail with REAL butter yuuuum. Shrimp and scallops wood grilled. Baked potato with sour cream.

Yesterday (Friday) was a more normal day:

Breakfast: 1/2 English muffin with no fat cream cheese

Half protein bar.

Mid morning - Handful of almonds (Love almonds. Eat them all the time. Nuts give me no trouble.)

Lunch: Kashi oatmeal - Vanilla. Other half of protein bar.

Mid afternoon snack: Handful of almonds.

Dinner: Turkey burger with whole wheat bun and cheese. At about 1/2 of it.

Late snack ( I usually don't snack in evening, out of sheer discipline, but I cheated today).

Salsa and chips

I am two months out. Dec. 8th was my surgery.

Iv'e had 2 sytrax protein drinks, 1 cup of fat free sodium free broth, and 2 bites of lowfat cottage cheese....

right at 77. proteins and going for more before the night is over.

rny

Feb.5

Started out at 202

today 192

Cant get the ticker to show up:rolleyes:

even tho I uploaded it into my signature....:eek:

Cant get the ticker to show up

even tho I uploaded it into my signature....

Hi there.. use this info to help get your ticker up and running.. you can't use the link.. it's a cut & paste thing.. most of us just update it once a week (if changes, whichever, lol)

http://www.thinnertimesforum.com/socialize/22331-self-help-creating-weight-loss-ticker.html

~~~~~~

For my food yesterday- we left for Burlington (two hours away!) early in the AM, then went to a dinner party last night- a BLAST. I won't try to do calories this time though as I have NO idea how to do that with someone else's food!

Breakfast- Fage 2% with 1 pkg splenda and 1/3 cup of kashi honey almond flax cereal.

Lunch- 5 oz of white meat chicken, tablespoon of carrot, 2 oz of salad, tsp of LF ranch dressing

snack- 1/2 PB cookie

Fluids

38 oz of coffee with LF creamer and splenda (decaf)

48 oz of water with lemon

3 (1/2) glasses of Shiraz:cool:

Dinner Started off with 1/2 glass of the Shiraz... OMG it was sooo good. The meal started a bit later, and began with a Pumpkin & white bean soup- 1/2 cup. TO DIE for.. I want that recipe!

About 20 minutes later, meal was served, thankfully buffet style so I could take what I wanted.. (I wish I had brought my camera, the house was lovely and the table setting was something out of a magazine.. all shiny crystal, and silver and candles... GORGEOUS.. I'd have looked like a real dork taking pictures though, lol) Anyway.. the food was turkey, stuffing, potatoes and sauted carrots & asparagus... it sounds so 'thanksgiving' but it was done totally updated versions and soo not thanksgivingy.. lol

I took 1 teaspoon of the stuffing, 3 oz of turkey breast- no skin. 2 thin slices of the potato, 3 carrot pieces (cut similar in size to the asparagus) 2 asparagus pieces. A tablespoon of gravy on the turkey.

Then we all sat around the table talking.. a while later I had another 1/2 glass of wine.. then another :eek::eek: At some point, dessert was brought out... chocolate lava cake, on some sort of luscious homemade ice cream, with a homemade raspberry sauce and a cream on top. It was gorgeously delicious and yes, I did eat a few bits of it...

It is days like today where I am thankful for several things 1) that I had the surgery and now can eat like a normal thin person.. eating tastes of this and that without the need to stuff myself silly.. 2) that I don't dump and CAN eat like a normal thin person that can eat tastes of all kinds of foods without worrying about getting sick. I am 100% sure I had too many calories yesterday though knowing we were heading out for an extravagant meal, other than the shared cookie for a snack, we were extremely diligent in our meals throughout the rest of the day.

Today, I'm waiting for lazy bones to get up to see if we're having eggs for breakfast or if I'm going to eat my Fage/Kashi as usual. lol. Had two cups of coffee so far.

Edited by mistymee

........ OMG it was sooo good. The meal started a bit later, and began with a Pumpkin & white bean soup- 1/2 cup. TO DIE for.. I want that recipe! .........

............It is days like today where I am thankful for several things 1) that I had the surgery and now can eat like a normal thin person.. eating tastes of this and that without the need to stuff myself silly.. 2) that I don't dump and CAN eat like a normal thin person that can eat tastes of all kinds of foods without worrying about getting sick..............

You had Fage for breakfast Kel? Hmmm, who woulda thunk it? ;)

If you get the recipe for the Pumpkin & White Bean soup, please pass it my way. That sounds totally delicious! It would have a lot of fiber too, which is good for satiety.

You know...sometimes I complain that I don't dump. But, upon deeper thought, you're right with what you wrote above. It IS nice to be able to take a tiny portion of a "forbidden" food on occasion, and feel like a "normal" person. For example, we had a Valentines Day potluck at work last Thursday. One of my co-workers is an awesome cook, and made literally the best cheesecake I have ever eaten. I had a tiny piece (about 1" x 2" square)...anymore would have given me tummy cramps. But I really savored that tiny little piece, and truly enjoyed it. In the past, I would have taken the biggest piece on the platter, and then taken another piece when no one was looking. :rolleyes:

do you guys who eat fage on a regular basis go through an entire 7 ounce container for breakfast? the 7 ounces is what I'd need to meet my protein quota, but one of those takes me like 2+ hours to eat.

do you guys who eat fage on a regular basis go through an entire 7 ounce container for breakfast? the 7 ounces is what I'd need to meet my protein quota, but one of those takes me like 2+ hours to eat.

Yes, I do.. but remember, I'm more than a year out.. and the yogurt is kind of a 'slider food'. When I was early out, I only ate 1/2 a container at a time.

I put powdered milk in my yougart, I love the taste and it makes it even creamer. I like the taste of dry powdered milk however and when mixed with the yogart yummy too me. This gives me more protein