• Announcements

• Community Guidelines   09/15/2015

A reminder that we have a general set of guidelines that are available at http://www.thinnertimesforum.com/guidelines/. If you have any questions or concerns, you may express them to me or a Community Leader directly. Thank you,
      John Callery

The essential blood tests needed after surgery

3 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I believe one of our well-educated members previously posted a list of the blood work we need to do postop. Unfortunately many doctors don't know what tests we need. Since there are so many new members that may not know the "old" material posted here, I'm asking those members who really know their stuff to either post a link or a list of the very important blood tests that everyone needs to know and remember for their long-term health postop.

There are also some very knowledgeable members who do bloodwork more often than our doctors recommend. That time frame would also be useful so we can be proactive postop.

Thank you in advance. :)

Posted · Report post

I remember that thread, but I can't remember who posted it. Maybe Beth? But I'm not sure.

Posted · Report post

Phoenix, here is the list of labs that I get done.

Comprehensive Metabolic Panel

Lipid Profile

CBC with Diff

RBC Folate

Thiamine (B1)

Uric Acid

Vitamin D, 25-OH

Bone Density test (one year post-op then every other year if normal. Every year if shows bone loss. This is for men AND women; all ages.)

Other possible labs: