Claire-in-Texas

Today's WOW Moment Was..."

I had a huge WOW moment yesterday.

I was invited to a wedding with lots of people I hadn't seen in a long time.

The bride's son came to me and asked me who I was, even though we knew each other a few years back. He didn't recognize me at all and told me he thought I was a 20 years old distant cousin perhaps. Running to my 29th bday in a few weeks, it felt imba to my ego :D

He said "WoW, you melted! I didn't recognize you at all!"

It felt great - he didn't know I was gonna be there nor that I had went through GBS. Very invigorating :)

I had a WOW moment this morning- I realized my total weight lose (from highest) is more than my 17yr old daughter weighs!

Highest=275, today=166, a difference of 109 pounds and daughter weighs 105.

Today, wearing an old baggy pair of jeans and tshirt with my hair in a pony-tail a male co-worker saw me and commented "You're looking good." Being able to receive a compliment like that on a completely bummy day has made my week!

weight.png

Last Friday, I went to get my oil changed at the dealership. There was a slight chance that a friend from my support group was going to meet me there, as she was in town running errands and getting her oil changed, so I was excited. She showed up, and we started catching up...when all of a sudden, someone from the dealership asked us both if we would come with him. We weren't quite sure what to make of it, but we figured it must be related to our cars. Halfway down the hallway, he lets us in on the fact that he chose us to star in a commercial for their dealership. We both stopped in our tracks, thinking there was no way this was true, but it was. Out of all of the people in that waiting room (had to be close to 15), he chose both of us.

While we were waiting for the camera crew to get set up and decide on what they were going to do, I turned to my friend and said, "So, do you think 2 years ago they would have selected us to do this?" She smiled and nodded, knowing the answer would have been no.

From the front page of the newspaper twice this year for fitness-related activities to now starring in a low-budget, 30-second commercial for a car dealership, I'm still a little shocked. It's not really anything, if truth be told, but it means the world to me to know that people finally "see" me, that I'm proud of what I'm doing, and how good I feel in my own skin. It's like the world is patting me on the back for a job well done.

Thank you for this thread I started another not realizing this one existed, 79 pages of awesome motivation!! =)

took me 3 days but I read every post in this thread and can't wait to add my own WOW moments! Thanks for sharing!!

I am 23 days post op and have lost 23 pounds. I saw someone yesterday who did not know I had surgery, and she said it was very obvious to her the second she saw me. I can see it with my clothes off, but I wasn't sure everyone else could tell yet. I guess you can see it in my face. And I am still restricted on some of my activities and haven't done much besides some walking, so I'm super excited to really start exercising, lifting the weights, and making even bigger changes.

Incidentally, I bought a pair of "skinny person" jeans at a garage sale over the weekend. They are going to hang on my closet door as a reminder of where I am headed.

Edited by laurel111868