Claire-in-Texas

Today's WOW Moment Was..."

Once on this miraculous journey, many WOW moments are experienced, and they continue, ongoingly.

I define a WOW moment as one that we wouldn't have had were it not for this journey. A high. A lift. A thrilling moment!

I have had zillions, literally, and they happen daily. I thought I would start this thread in the hopes of two things -

1. That it will inspire newbies as they begin their journey, and

2. That it continues forever!

My WOW moment today was.....when I was leaving a restaurant and I stopped to find my keys before I went outside, and a nice looking man (MUCH younger than me) who was seated alone at a table nearby said "excuse me, but have you had your lunch? <big smile>" OMG! He was flirting with me! I gotta say I looked pretty good, but that was really a WOWEEE!!!

Another WOW moment today was, while checking out at the supermarket the gal behind me complimented me on my sweater. I turned to her and thanked her, and commented that I could tear her jacket off her body!! We both laughed, and then she said, well, I could tell you where I got the jacket but they only have mediums, and they would SWIM on you! WOW!

Jump in everybody!

So my wow moment today was looking at my UK size 18 top and thinking that wont fit but it does and i think it looks ok!

By the way Claire your an inspiration! :)

Vicci x

My WOW moment for the day is small but I will take it... My WII said it was worried about my rapid weight loss.. my husband told me to tell her I had surgery but she don't listen. lol

Oh and I am not morbidly obese as of today- yeah!!!

My WOW for today? Seeing my scale go down 2 pounds and knowing that this wonderful gift STILL works after almost 3 years!! :D

And another one? Talking to my surgeon's PA last night, on the bariatric unit. I had told him I would be coming in to see him on Tuesday for my 3 year postop check. We talked about how I was doing. He pulled up my labwork I recently had done. Not only was EVERYTHING NORMAL but the comment the PA had for me was really the WOW, "Your labs are BETTER than mine! I don't think I have to see you on Tuesday. You can cancel the appointment." :D

Edited by MiladyB

Today has been average, but yesterday I had a WOW...

When I married my DH 7.5 years ago, I was 320 lbs.....

Last night he picked me up, just turned around and picked me up off the floor! It was awesome and a huge personnal WOW for me!

I have worn stretchy jeans for many years. I mean the kind with stretchy waists and stretchy throughout the material. I am a tall, "apple" shape, carrying most of my weight in my middle. I've had to wear jeans like this because regular jeans that fit in the waist, looked like clown pants everywhere else! I doubted I would every wear normal jeans again. I had some size 24 regular jeans at one time but, they were just didn't fit right. Sigh...

The other day, I decided to check out the clearance sales at Kohl's. I took a chance and tried on some size 18 regular jeans (not stretchy). They were TOO BIG!! Whoo-hoo. I ended up buying two pair of size 16s, one jeans and the other corduroy. I can't believe I'm wearing regular jeans again. I'm so excited.

Another "Wow" moment is kind of silly. When my husband and I were young and silly I used to run to him and jump and he would catch me (kind of "going over the threshold" style) I haven't even thought of that for a long time. The other day I said, "Let's try it!". He agree and he caught me! And didn't throw out his back or anything. We laughed and laughed. I guess dropping those pounds really helped. It also helps that he works out on a regular basis. :D

ok i am gonna share too.....

I was out today with my boyfriend and we popped into a womans clothing store. He wanted to get me a few things, as he has throughout my weight loss, its his little thing to do for me as i lose weight.......awwwww lol

He picked up a jacket and said he wanted me to try it on and see if i liked it.

So i did.....and i lovedddddd it and it fit perfect......best part....

IT WAS A SIZE SMALL !!!!! huh pinch me please

I honestly have never ever ever worn a size small in my entire life. I think its finally sinking in my brain that i did this.....kinda surreal

My little wow moment came when I weighed in today. Not even two weeks post op and I have lost twenty pounds. I wanted to jump for joy, and I would have if I wasn't afraid of popping some staples that are holding my skin together. LOL

They do still keep coming after over 3 years post-op... Let's see...

• I still fit in an airplane seat on my quick trip to Alaska with the fiance last week. (81-year-old father-in-law to-be had open heart, successful, he's doing great, and will walk me down the aisle at the wedding in June). I still marvel at that, believe me!
  • I froze my tuckus off up there, couldn't wear enough clothes to keep warm. Definitely a skinny thing. I was always too hot before.
  • Got in the hot tub (20-something degrees, snow on the deck), in a bathing suit. 'nuff said.

They do still keep coming after over 3 years post-op... Let's see...

• I still fit in an airplane seat on my quick trip to Alaska with the fiance last week. (81-year-old father-in-law to-be had open heart, successful, he's doing great, and will walk me down the aisle at the wedding in June). I still marvel at that, believe me!
  • I froze my tuckus off up there, couldn't wear enough clothes to keep warm. Definitely a skinny thing. I was always too hot before.
  • Got in the hot tub (20-something degrees, snow on the deck), in a bathing suit. 'nuff said.

my first post-op wow moment occured last night... I *finally* dropped a size in pants (well, 2 sizes really, but my pre-op pants were a little too big to begin with).

still havent dropped any shirt sizes, though. I've lost 60 pounds and I'll be damned if I can figure out where it's coming from, because it sure isn't my upper body. lol.

This is marvelous -- Lisa after 3 years, and some folks relatively new in this journey! (Girl, you look gawjus!)

My WOW moment today: I spent 25 minutes on my Wii Fit, running in place. OMG what a thrill to be able to do that, to even WANT to do that, and to enjoy doing that! And a sidelight of this WOW, another WOW is that I was a little bit hungry before I did my Wii Fit, and afterward I wasn't at all.

I saw my SIL's mother today and she was like shocked and asked me what diet I was on--you should have seen her face when I told her I had gastric bypass--LOL--it was the funniest thing I have seen in a long time--she didn't want to talk to me anymore after that--LOL

Those wow moments keep coming even THIS far out :)

Went to Costco today and swore I wouldn't lift those heavy 24 packs of water, and figured I'd ask a random guy to help if I could find one. This tall cute guy, a little older than me but I like them that way, was standing there by my Propel and I walked up to him and said:

"You're just what I was looking for! Would you mind lifting this case into my cart?"

And he did, with an adorable smile. (But I don't know why I don't follow-up with a conversation...)

But I never would have done that when I was obese. ;) Confidence is a gift!

Phoenix, you are so right about confidence. It really does frame a lot of our WOWs, doesn't it?

Not really sure if they rise to the level of WOW moments.

1) Trip to Tulsa in a regional jet - no seat belt extender required. That felt good.

2) Cleaned out my closet today and moved more "too big" pants to the Starvation Army rack.

Im down 36 lbs now - just going into my 4th week Post Op

No one is noticing my wt loss though because Bones is down 40 lbs, and on her 5'-3" frame that is a lot. She is looking very petite these days. (She was never a candidate for WLS) I'm only down 10% of my starting wt. thus far.

Great and encouraging thread Claire. :)

Edited by Aviator

I've been wracking my brain, trying to find something positive to post in this thread.. these have been really good to read, makes me hopeful.

I'm hoping I can think of or see something that I can add of my own to this.. so far, I'm coming up empty.

I read this post when it first came on but did not have a wow moment until this weekend:

1. When I look down I see boobs first no stomach sticking out farther than the girls........

2. Put on a pair of capris ,I havent worn in 2 years because the last time I wore them I had to lay on the bed to zip them, and THEY WERE BAGGY

3. Putting on my gym shoes I can now just bend over and tie them instead of pulling them onto my knee to tie...

4. Am down 36 pounds in 5 weeks.

those are my wow moments and they came all at once.

I am a lucky woman:D

My daughter loves clothes. She is mostly a 9-10 or 11-12 and have some awesome outfit. Well today, I was helping her clean her closet when she started picking out different outfits and looking at me she said, soon Mama you're be able to wear this. It was the cutest outfit in a size 12. I wanted to cry. We share a lot but never in my wildest dream did I ever beleive that one day, we might share clothes.

I so can't wait, you see she has over 100 pair jeans, lots and lots of dresses, coats, tops, etc and even more shoes (a pair for everyday of the year in all colors, shapes, and styles)

Im 57 and my daugher is 31. I told her I would probably try some of her conservative outfits and she replied, that I should try some of the bold colors. A part of me giggled inside just to think that one day soon, she and I will go shopping in her closet and I will be the one looking for just the right outfit to wear.

Ain't Life Grand!!

My wow for the day - I stepped on the scale and hit 179! I have 6 pounds to go to Century Club!

I met an old acquaitance from high school yesterday for coffee - we live about a mile apart and our kids go to the same school - just found her on Facebook - anyway, she was amazed at how I'm so much smaller than I was in high school.... I had to then tell her how much smaller I am than just a few months ago!

Those wow moments keep coming even THIS far out :)

Went to Costco today and swore I wouldn't lift those heavy 24 packs of water, and figured I'd ask a random guy to help if I could find one. This tall cute guy, a little older than me but I like them that way, was standing there by my Propel and I walked up to him and said:

"You're just what I was looking for! Would you mind lifting this case into my cart?"

And he did, with an adorable smile. (But I don't know why I don't follow-up with a conversation...)

But I never would have done that when I was obese. ;) Confidence is a gift!

So, did you miss my 48th birthday???? It was a couple weeks ago!!

My WOW moment for this week is:

I was able to go to the mall, and enjoy myself! No being out of breath! I didn't feel intimidated at all by people looking at me, because they weren't!

Plus, I fit into my skinnier 22's about a week ago. I haven't worn them in about 8 years!