MiladyB

Surgeon's Updated Menu Plans

136 posts in this topic

Thank you, this is very helpful!

I'm releived to see its not just mine allowing more than liquids starting week 2

Thanks for posting these. I wish my surgeon's office would give something this helpful.

Do these menus also have pre op meals? I'm trying to find out what I should buy before I do my shopping for the month but my doctors appointment is 5 days after. I just have a feeling they are gonna suggest certain items and since I'm on a tight budget I can't really go again after my initial trip.

On 9/3/2015 at 5:39 PM, SueEllen77 said:

Do these menus also have pre op meals? I'm trying to find out what I should buy before I do my shopping for the month but my doctors appointment is 5 days after. I just have a feeling they are gonna suggest certain items and since I'm on a tight budget I can't really go again after my initial trip.

This is Beth's post-op menu plan.  

Do you know if you'll have to do an all liquid diet or liquid and one meal a day diet?

You need to contact your NUT or surgeon for their pre-op diet. 

I received my surgeon's updated menu plans from the nutritionist in his practice today. I was impressed with the infomation and thought others may find them helpful. So I thought I would post them for all of you. :)

Thanks for posting. This will give me an idea of what life is like during the process!

will this diet work for someone who has not had the surgery?  I am type 2 diabetic and I saw an ad that was referring to a bariatric meal plan to reverse type 2 diabetes.  I weigh 171 and would like to weigh 120 again.  It has taken me 5 years to lose 10 pounds.

will this diet work for someone who has not had the surgery?  I am type 2 diabetic and I saw an ad that was referring to a bariatric meal plan to reverse type 2 diabetes.  I weigh 171 and would like to weigh 120 again.  It has taken me 5 years to lose 10 pounds.

If you can stick to it, it will make you lose weight which ultimately could reverse type 2 diabetes.  But any low calorie diet will do that Karen.  

This is exactly what I've been looking for! :)

This is exactly what I was hoping to find.  Thanks. 

Thank you for the info.   You have no idea how much i appreciate this.