MiladyB

Surgeon's Updated Menu Plans

Duodenal switch - another type of WLS not as commonly performed

Well, I knew what a duodenal switch was, but it just said this

"• Daily Goals: 1200 CALORIES, at least 60 g PROTEIN, less than 40 g FAT

Switch only: 1500 CALORIES, at least 90 g PROTEIN, less than 60 g FAT"

So I wasn't 100% sure. Thanks guys

More good info!

This information is realy helpful. I noticed some people had trouble opening the files so I am converting them to PDFs and posting them here. They may be easier for some people to open.

2 - 6 Week Meal Plan using Celebrate.pdf

6 to 12 Week-new.pdf

3-6 Month Meal Plan.pdf

6 Month Meal Plan.pdf

1 Year and Sclero-new.pdf

omg i saved all these...what neat ideas!!!!!!!!

And bumping this for cporter and sian and others just post op asking for good food suggestions...

Bumping a great thread! Thanks Beth!

These are wonderful ideas for trying to get all that protein in. I have printed this and will keep it on my counter!

I just found this and want all newbies like me to have access to it so I'm bumping it.

One questions for the Leaders - Kelly? - Even if your own nutritionist gave you a plan, can this one be used instead? Some really great ideas in here.

This is really great. I am due for surgery on Feb 14th...and this makes me feel so much better. I have heard the beginning is hell, but this helps me see that I have a lot of options a litttle further out..As a soon to be newbie...I truly appreciate your time and effort.

Thanks again

Brandi:D

I am so excited I have found this. It makes me feel so much better going into this surgery knowing I have some food that I can still relate to. I am going to bring it to my nut just to make sure it will work for me. Thank you for taking the time to share it..

Awesome...thank you!

I just found this and want all newbies like me to have access to it so I'm bumping it.

One questions for the Leaders - Kelly? - Even if your own nutritionist gave you a plan, can this one be used instead? Some really great ideas in here.

Sorry, I didn't see this before. I'd feel much more comfortable saying "bring it to her and talk to her about it". I know you kind of have a nutty nut.. so I'd say- do what you think is best for you. I have a nutty nut in a lot of ways, too so I can relate.

I just joined this site and saw this thread and had to say thank you. I was looking for post - op recipes to spice up my menu plans. I do have a recipe to share that I took to my primary care doctor and it was well taken. I plan to take to the WLS surgeon at my next visit.

Reverse Cordon Blue (sorry can't spell but you get the idea)

Single serving is:

2 oz of skinless chicken breast (lightly tenderized) (or 2 oz of tenderloins)

1/2 tsp of light dijon mustard

1 slice of deli swiss (I prefer provolone or muenster) cheese

1 thin sliced deli low-salt ham

I bake the chicken first until color turns and juice is clear. Then I take it out of oven and coat top of chicken with the mustard, add the cheese on top and wrap in the ham and add it all back in the oven until cheese is melted and ham is warmed up. I set my oven for 350 and stay close to make sure not to overcook. I don't know the calorie content but the protein and the flavor are all there.

Way cool! I love the plan for after 1yr. Its important to stay on track.

Very helpful information - the nutritionist who put this together did a fantastic job! I have saved them all for future reference.

Very helpful information - the nutritionist who put this together did a fantastic job! I have saved them all for future reference.

I'm glad so many of you found this helpful. Yeah, she's an awesome nutritionist!

A lot of nutritionists don't know to or have not taken the time to learn the issues/nutritional/physiological differences between each surgery type to enough of an extent to be able to recommend appropriately differentiated diet guidelines. Some just don't know there are differences (ie whether there is malabsorption); others think it is enough to lump them all together. It is still important to run these menu plans by your own medical/nutritionial staff but you will find these are well devised plans that should warrant being approved in most instances. And our MiladyB is pretty amazing as a resource, too!

And our MiladyB is pretty amazing as a resource, too!

Ohhh, thank you, ardita. I really appreciate the words of support. It's nice to be back. Decided it was time to get back into the swing of educator and support person. :D Looks like I just may have an opportunity for my dream job, within a bariatric practice. We shall see how things pan out.

ah i cant open the the links is there any way u could email them to me please ?

I received my surgeon's updated menu plans from the nutritionist in his practice today. I was impressed with the infomation and thought others may find them helpful. So I thought I would post them for all of you. :)

This is fanTASTic! Thank you so much for this resource!!!

THANK YOU SOSOSO MUCH THIS IS THE MOST HELP MEAL PLAN I HAVE SEEN. THIS ALSO HELPED MY HUBBY WHO COOKS FOR OUR FAMILY & WAS VERY WORRIED HE COULD NOT COOK FOR ME. NOW HE KNOW HE CAN.

THANKS FOR SHARING!!!

Thank you so very much ! I was looking for something like this :D