MiladyB

Surgeon's Updated Menu Plans

136 posts in this topic

Wow - what an awesome list!! It is interesting too to see how different it is from the plan I am following.

I wish I could have half the stuff that was allowed on here. My doc is strict apparently.

I can't get them to open .. says files are corrupted :(

hmmm...I don't know. They all open for me. :o

this post has helped me tons!!!! thanks

Well I got to read them today! :D

I rebooted .. that might have had something to do with it ;)

Well I got to read them today! :D

I rebooted .. that might have had something to do with it ;)

hehehe...glad you got them to work. I hope you find them helpful. :)

I am in my third week and have desperately looking for ideas! This is the best! Thanks so much for posting it!

Katie

I am in my third week and have desperately looking for ideas! This is the best! Thanks so much for posting it!

Katie

You're welcome, Katie. I'm glad you found them helpful. :) I thought they were well done and pretty informative. I give BIG kudos to my nutrtionist. She's great!

Hi Lanette,

I am only 4 weeks post-op and your post struck me...becasue you were my exact pre-op weight. May I ask how tall are you? Congrats on your wonderful progress and reaching your goals! You look awesome! So as a newbie...do you have any tips or general advice? How long/often do you work out and what do you do for exercise? I am feeling so motivated by your numbers! Way to go.

Roshay

This is awesome. Thanks so much Beth!! I bet this will really come in handy after my surgery. I don't know what's planned AT ALL but I know my surgeon is one of the top in this region and it's almost impossible to get to talk to him unless you're in his office. I really don't know what they do at all. I've had one meeting with the man. I assume they'll send me home with paperwork lol I dunno. If not, I'm very fortunate to have you and TT to help me thru all this. Sooooon I'll be on the losers bench with you guys! I can't wait to be a loser!

Hey, I'm glad you found this helpful. For sure follow the advice of your surgeon. But if you don't get much information in regards to postop nutrition I think these plans could be helpful. Each surgeon and nutritionist has different plans. Some advance more quickly than others. Some advance the diet extremely slow. Nutrition plans are based on the surgeon's experience with his patients. What has worked and what hasn't. So always keep that in mind. But there are surgeons out there that are not up to date and I really kind of question where they are coming from. Best thing for you is to educate yourself as much as possible and go from there. If your surgeon's food plans are making sense question them. You always have the right to ask questions. :)

Thank you for your menu plans I just had the lap band and I am so confused!!!!:) This is not effecting me like I thought it would. I am only two weeks out and I am able to eat way more foods than I thought I would be able to and I don't seem to get as full with as little as I thought:confused:. Feeling a little discouraged we'll see what happens.:confused::confused:

Vicki

If you're only two weeks out, then I assume you haven't had a fill yet. That's why you're not experiencing much restriction. It will get better once you get a fill.

Kelly

Thank you for your menu plans I just had the lap band and I am so confused!!!!:) This is not effecting me like I thought it would. I am only two weeks out and I am able to eat way more foods than I thought I would be able to and I don't seem to get as full with as little as I thought:confused:. Feeling a little discouraged we'll see what happens.

Vicki

You're welcome. Glad you found them helpful. Kelly is right about the reason you more than likely aren't feeling very full yet. The fills should make a noticeable difference. Also, if you are still on liquids or pureed foods the foods will leave the smaller part of your stomach faster. Also, you want to make sure that you aren't drinking with your meals or too soon after.

Hang in there. Give yourself time. :)

This was wonderful of you to share! I'm definitely printing this out for my records. It's exactly what I need! Thanks! :D

Bumpity Bump Bump :P

Bumpity Bump Bump :P

good girl! hopefully those that are not getting educated by their docs will find this info helpful.

That's why I went looking for it again. I have them all printed and ready but, I have seen more and more "I wasn't given a plan" type things lately and it's scaring me to tell you the truth. My plan is pretty much exactly the same as Beths with the exception of the drinking thing. Mine says no drinking for 30 before and 60 after. :eek: Seems as that is one of the bigger differences in all the plans.

That's why I went looking for it again. I have them all printed and ready but, I have seen more and more "I wasn't given a plan" type things lately and it's scaring me to tell you the truth. My plan is pretty much exactly the same as Beths with the exception of the drinking thing. Mine says no drinking for 30 before and 60 after. :eek: Seems as that is one of the bigger differences in all the plans.

Mine is 30/30 as well, but I often do the full 60 minutes.

So far that's the worst thing I've been messin with. I'm hopin it'll be easier after surgery. The before is not a problem but, I love a glass of ice cold milk or water with food. I'm having to work my way up to the 60 minutes after a meal though. I'm to 45 minutes now but, I still feel like I'm gonna get dehydrated.

Hey Charlie, thanks for bumping these up. :)

Hey Charlie, thanks for bumping these up. :)

Well we just have to keep our "super star" in the spot light ya know. :D

How are ya feelin these days? I swear we HAVE to find a way to keep you and kelly out of the hospital.

Beth,

For some reason they will not open for me? Do you know why that would be? I would really appreciate this info.

Laurie,

Starting with the obvious here. Do you have MS Office/Word?

You may need to save them to your computer first and then open them.

If you are still having trouble let me know and I can either re-format them for you or just email them directly to you.

Beth,

I saw the Crimson Kittie rebooted her computer and was able to get it to work so I tried that and it worked for me too!!! Thank you so much for this info. My doc office did give me like a pack that was about 20 pages, but this is so much more info...it will be awesome to have some info to have as a resource.

Thanks again....You are awesome!!!