• Announcements

• John

Community Guidelines   09/15/2015

A reminder that we have a general set of guidelines that are available at http://www.thinnertimesforum.com/guidelines/. If you have any questions or concerns, you may express them to me or a Community Leader directly. Thank you,
      John Callery
MiladyB

Surgeon's Updated Menu Plans

133 posts in this topic

I received my surgeon's updated menu plans from the nutritionist in his practice today. I was impressed with the infomation and thought others may find them helpful. So I thought I would post them for all of you. :)

2 - 6 Week Meal Plan using Celebrate.doc

6 to 12 Week-new.doc

3-6 Month Meal Plan.doc

6 Month Meal Plan.doc

1 Year and Sclero-new.doc

Wynter, drshawn, Gaspode and 37 others like this

That is outstanding Beth.

I wish that all Bariatric units had such a comprehensive menu plan. And it's full of other useful information too.

Wow, very helpful information. I printed the first two out and will be sure to come back for the others as I progress! Thanks a bunch!

OMG Beth wonderful! now i have something to actually go by, menu wise. I was surprised to see so much carby stuff like wheat crackers, english muffins, tortillas but thats good it gives me a basis cause i was trying to avoid them all together but i love their plan i'm going shopping after i print this out! thanks so much

OMG Beth wonderful! now i have something to actually go by, menu wise. I was surprised to see so much carby stuff like wheat crackers, english muffins, tortillas but thats good it gives me a basis cause i was trying to avoid them all together but i love their plan i'm going shopping after i print this out! thanks so much

Deb, my nutritionist isn't against healthy carbs but suggests that after a year out you limit them to about 1/4th of your meal. I do eat complex carbs but I try to be careful with them. If I start seeing a weight gain the carbs are the first thing to go. Also, I know my nutritionist emphasizes that you don't eat carbs unless you are getting in ALL your protein.

I do appreciate the work the nutritionist put into these plans though. They are very realistic and something I know I can live with for the rest of my life. Even though this nutritionist isn't a wls patient she is someone who struggled with MO in the past and it shows in the way she deals with the patients. She's awesome!

Glad you all found these helpful. :D

Awesome info Beth!! THANK YOU for sharing! :D

Klhoe likes this

This is awesome! Thanks so much!

Thanks for providing the menu suggestions Beth. Nice to have something to "refer" to for checking what I am eating in comparison to the suggested amounts.

Hope you got my messages about yesterday..:)

Amy

Thanks for providing the menu suggestions Beth. Nice to have something to "refer" to for checking what I am eating in comparison to the suggested amounts.

Hope you got my messages about yesterday..:)

Amy

You're welcome, Amy...and I did. :) Glad you got back home safely. I should be free on Thursday. I have my own support group that night so I won't be working. Let me know what your plans are.

i tried the flatout, turkey wrap w/ sprouts today for lunch and it was DELIC! this kind of eating i can do thanks again

i tried the flatout, turkey wrap w/ sprouts today for lunch and it was DELIC! this kind of eating i can do thanks again

You're welcome, Deb. I'm glad you enjoyed your meal and that you found the info helpful. :)

That actually sounds like a good meal to me too.

thankyou thankyou thankyou!!! I have been searching for this kind of thing for ages!!!

Vicci x

Just what I've been looking for. Thanks so much.:)

Vicci and Renae, I'm glad you both found this helpful. :)

Edited by MiladyB

Thanks Beth. You rock! :D

Beth could this be 'stickied'?

Beth could this be 'stickied'?

I'll ask John if he is willing to stickie it. :)

this is awesome.

thank you for posting this.

I'm glad you all found this helpful. The nutritionist at my surgeon's office is awesome!! She obviously put a lot of work into these menu plans. :D

Beth, you and your doc are super awesome!! This thread is so interesting, i just have to print it all out!! LOL Thanks so much for sharing!!

Beth, you and your doc are super awesome!! This thread is so interesting, i just have to print it all out!! LOL Thanks so much for sharing!!

You're welcome, Heather. Actually my surgeon's entire practice is awesome! All of them have been so patient with my many questions. They never make me feel like I'm a bother even when I have general questions. They are always willing to explain or find the answers.

If you all wonder how I know so much? Well its because of his practice. The people there are the ones that have taught be most of what I know. :)

you are so lucky to have such a wonderful practice to work with. Mine isnt as appealing at all. Its rather annoying matter of fact. I get more answers and honest answers through TT than I could ever get from my practice. I called today about a billing concern and never got ahold of anyone nor got an answer to my question. So you are very fortunate!!

you are so lucky to have such a wonderful practice to work with. Mine isnt as appealing at all. Its rather annoying matter of fact. I get more answers and honest answers through TT than I could ever get from my practice. I called today about a billing concern and never got ahold of anyone nor got an answer to my question. So you are very fortunate!!

I know I am. If I ever have any concerns all I have to do is send an email off to my surgeon's nurse. She is back to me within a couple of hours or at least lets me know that she will be talking to the PA or surgeon. She even had a couple of the PAs call me just to answer my questions. She has no problem sticking my emails in front of their noses and telling them to get on the phone with me. *L*