Aviator

Aviator's Log Book

Hey you finally got that ticker up...WTG! I love to see those things and how far people have come from where they were. :)

The ticker and I wrestled fiercely early on, but now live with an uneasy truce. I just ran out of time to get it up.

Tomorrow I head for the cultural mecca of the mid-south, Tulsa OK. First trip on an airplane since the surgery.

I ate something that didnt agree with me this evening, and experienced something many RnY folks do an a regular basis. I just hurled it. Felt better immediately. No foamies or anything...just too tight and uncomfortable, then boom!

Sometimes hurling is a good thing.( Did I just write that? ) LOL :D

Remember the commercial? "Oh what a relief it iiiiiiiiiiss" Alka Seltzer wasnt it?

Thought I should catch up on the male version of me! :-)

Here's to 2009 and Nubbin! Hope you are still doing really well!!!!

Thought I should catch up on the male version of me! :-)

Here's to 2009 and Nubbin! Hope you are still doing really well!!!!

And here's to Webster. *lifts water glass* Even our new stomach's have names: " Webster and Nubbin. I name almost everything... :D:D

Traveled to Tulsa today. An up and back. My first trip on an airplane since WLS surgery. I did have a small victory. I no longer have to request a "seat belt extender". Even the one in the little Embrar Regional Jet fit. Not a WOW moment, but notable, and important to me. "Twas always a source of embarrasment - especially when traveling with colleagues, as I was today. The trip was a big success. More about that later as the deal matures.

Trish, it is a pleasure

Edited by Aviator

...Nubbin. I name almost everything... :D:D

Everything? :D:D Wow, look at the weight loss!!!!

Hmm...I'll have to think of names...how about 'Phil' (get it?) for my port and 'Fluffy' (my motto 'I'm not Fat, I'm Fluffy') for my band?

Dear Aviator,

I am so nervous about my op but your Log Book has given me so much confidence.Thank You!!!!

Yes, less than a month ago, I was in your place, nervously waiting. My weight is still falling dramatically. Despite my apprehension, I am SO glad I came to the decision to change my life forever. Good luck to you.

When is the Big Day?

It

Hi Aviator,

Pleased to see everything is going so well for you, it never fails to amaze how quickly it all happens,men always seem to lose so so much faster than the girls still as long as we get there in the end that what matters.

Well done!

Maline

Hi Aviator,

Pleased to see everything is going so well for you, it never fails to amaze how quickly it all happens,men always seem to lose so so much faster than the girls still as long as we get there in the end that what matters.

Well done!

Maline

You have had an amazing journey. You look fantastic! What a transformation.

Your pics make me want to go to Spain! Never been. I was close once - on the north side of the Pyaranees in Pau France.

Notes about this week.

4) I just feel better. My carriage is now moving toward a strut from the slow trudge that my weight had forced me to use in recent months. It feels good to walk with my back straight and shoulders back rather than that painful “hunker” that my “overhung load” was imposing on my frame.

God this part of your journey post brings back so many memories of how my body FELT all over when I was losing weight and could FEEL it all over! Posture improved, shoulders went back and chest went out, it literally felt like the weight of the world was being lifted off my hips. It made life so much easier to have the energy that came with being lighter all over. Doesn't it feel AWESOME?! :)

You're doing great Aviator :D

What is the TT Cruise.I take it was an ocean cruise.Is it a regular event or a one off?

But Admiral Claire-in-Texas will certainly fill you in. :)

I'm lol about the new scale, and averaging the difference. I did the same exact thing when I got a new scale. :D

Great job on the weight loss. :)

And those pics you posted - OMG are you ever cute. Now see, Bones would bash me for that cute remark saying, "Baby ducks and kittens are cute, but you....yadda yadda..."

Well they ARE to be sure, but those new pics of you...WOW!

Your hubby must be thrilled with the NEW you. Maybe you are too?

But Admiral Claire-in-Texas will certainly fill you in. :)

LOL!! Just call me Admiral, and note my signature link about the cruise, which took place last month ( after almost a year in the planning)!

........ Doesn't it feel AWESOME?! :)

You're doing great Aviator :D

Indeed it feels great....I feel great! I step lighter, walk quicker, stand taller. Im waaay over-confident already but trying not to act obnoxious. Humility is another one of my struggles in case you hadnt noticed. :o

When I get to feeling as awesome as YOU look Phoenix, I'll know I've arrived....:D

And those pics you posted - OMG are you ever cute. Now see, Bones would bash me for that cute remark saying, "Baby ducks and kittens are cute, but you....yadda yadda..."

Well they ARE to be sure, but those new pics of you...WOW!

Your hubby must be thrilled with the NEW you. Maybe you are too?

Thanks for the compliment Aviator. I'm blushing. :o:):D

Indeed it feels great....I feel great! I step lighter, walk quicker, stand taller. Im waaay over-confident already but trying not to act obnoxious. Humility is another one of my struggles in case you hadnt noticed. :o

When I get to feeling as awesome as YOU look Phoenix, I'll know I've arrived....:D

Hey you can be confident without being cocky right?

Oh, and I don't think Bones would think you had "arrived" if you looked quite like me...the boobs might throw her off a bit. :P

Hey you can be confident without being cocky right?

Oh, and I don't think Bones would think you had "arrived" if you looked quite like me...the boobs might throw her off a bit. :P

...were taken out of context. Ahem... *clears throat* When I FEEL as good as Phoenix LOOKS...was the quote. Yes, the boobs come to mind, and also that amazingly sexy tush pic. tsk tsk :o

No, Im never cocky. That is for "wanna be " players. Puts me off too.

...were taken out of context. Ahem... *clears throat* When I FEEL as good as Phoenix LOOKS...was the quote. Yes, the boobs come to mind, and also that amazingly sexy tush pic. tsk tsk :o

No, Im never cocky. That is for "wanna be " players. Puts me off too.

Tsk tsk Aviator! I thought married guys didn't look! (yeah right)

Can't wait to see you a year from now. You won't look like the same guy at all. Just see the rest of us preop and then postop. Whole new people! :)

Tsk tsk Aviator! I thought married guys didn't look! (yeah right)

Can't wait to see you a year from now. You won't look like the same guy at all. Just see the rest of us preop and then postop. Whole new people! :)

A good pilot's head is "on a swivel", observing everything. I am a finely honed product of intense physical and mental training - a virtual observation machine - every insignificant detail observed, registered, and cognitively processed. A pilot or a boat captain must do this to survive.

But there are some things no red blooded guy can miss, and HOLY *&^%!, you are one of them Phoenix! *grins and winks*

Av may be happily married but he's not dead!

I am married to a retired Navy helicopter pilot. He doesn't miss A THING, but you don't realize it. He sees all, knows all, but it doesn't appear that way. Keeps me on my toes!! LOL

And he likes to look at pretty girls, too! He can look - that's ok!

I like to look at a nice male specimen from time to time! :D

He He Claire, you slay me. Looking forward to meeting you someday neighbor.

It’s Monday again, and my weight is now 270.1 – or 39.9 lbs down. Jan 31 passed under my bow this weekend, which is significant because I’m now officially one month Post-op. The Super Bowl was yesterday, and while I didn’t overdo it, I did sample some things I’m better off without. But I did remain steadfast with regard to alcohol, carbonated beverages and water intake.

Today, a little more about how I got to this place: I know a lot of people on TT have talked about ALWAYS being overweight. That is just not true for me. When I got my first driver’s license, I was 5’-3” and weighed 109 lbs. I was small and very fast as a lad. In fact, I was a track athlete. I lettered in Football, Basketball, and Track, and played baseball the rest of the time. To me life was what happened between sports seasons. :) Actually, I was never a gifted athlete – but track was my best sport. Physically, I didn’t even hit puberty till 16 – and I graduated HS at 17 – I was about 5’8”. Oddly, I grew till I was 22, finally hitting my terminal height of 6’-1”. So think of me as a “late bloomer”.

Neither of my parents graduated college, and consequently, were ill prepared for any of their three boys to seek higher education. No one in my family had ever graduated college. There was just no money for us to go. The family was definitely very middle class, probably on the lower end, but never felt deprived of the basic necessities. Never was there anything extra though. Formatively, though, I understood what having money could do. As an outgrowth of those “hardscrabble days” as a youth, came my high degree of “money motivation”. It seems from the time I was a kid, every decision was about “how much will this make me?” Always a good student, I managed to get an “Exxon Scholarship” – which was a work study program that allowed me to get a BS in Mechanical Engineering. I was the first person in my family to ever graduate college.

Regarding fitness, I continued to run though college and afterwards, because it was something I enjoyed. I ran all through my twenties and thirties, and as a result stayed pretty slender. I ran three marathons, a