Aviator

Aviator's Log Book

Thank you for responding back..I really appreciate it. I am going to talk to my surgeon about them. Because I have never heard of that and it was never mentioned. I just want to make sure I am doing the right one that will be the best suited for me as well. Thankfully my insurance covers the LapBand. I dont know about the others. So, I will look into that. Thanks again. I hope you are feeling well.

It

You would be surprised that the weight in not all water weight, it is some (a lot) of fat. The water is what is lost immediately out of surgery, like 5 days or so, but now your dropping fat amigo!!

Now for the serious issue....

Lets admit it, your ugly, but holy crap that new avatar...What the hell is that!!!:D:D:D

The plane is defiantly on approach on the ticker.....hang in there, and dont fricken cheat dude, damit, Ill come out there and kick some @*#...by the book!!!!

YOU LOSER!!

Yes, I have to agree with Baja Big Dog...I really don't care for your new Avatar! You are such a good looking guy and I always like seeing your mug by your posts.

I am glad, however, that you are doing so well. Congratuations on your weight loss so far. Things are going well with me and am enjoying wearing smaller clothes already.

Keep up the good work!

Yes, I have to agree with Baja Big Dog...I really don't care for your new Avatar! You are such a good looking guy and I always like seeing your mug by your posts.

I am glad, however, that you are doing so well. Congratuations on your weight loss so far. Things are going well with me and am enjoying wearing smaller clothes already.

Keep up the good work!

Wait a minute....I never said he was good looking, contrare..I said he was ugly!!Was that a little mean??? lol:D

He He...Chris, and Lou Ann .... Ok OK. I will change it back. :) The avatar change resulted from a thread that appeared in the Socialize thread on the TT forum asking if anyone here plays Second Life, a MMO online game. Here is the thread:

http://www.thinnertimesforum.com/socialize/32027-second-life-game.html

I responded that I did, and posted a photo of my Second Life Avatar, which is what you see as my TT avatar now. Apparently most people in that thread prefered World of Warcraft (WOW) to the hightly unstructured Second Life, which is more a virtual 3-D environment than a highly structured game with rules. FYI - at any time of the day or night there are 45,000 to 75,000 people online at the same time.

Virtual worlds, avatars, 3D chat, online meetings - Second Life Official Site

Basically the first order of business in SL is to build your avatar, learn how to use it by acquiring some basic skills, and then set off on doing whatever your heart desires. Live music, adventure, art, sports, education, shopping, fashion, own property, build things....SL actually has a huge self-contained economy. SL is also voice enabled, so you can talk to each other...and it is free for a beginning account. For me SL is a nice occasional diversion.

Expect to see Aviator's familiar avatar coming back soon.

And Kay, Im glad to see you are a LOSER too! Damn it feels good to be a LOSER this year! :D

And Baja...I have very thick skin, and my "take offense" quotient is quite low. Too old and ornery to sweat the small stuff.

Edited by Aviator

That was a pretty long winded explanation for "man did I screw the pooch" by changing my avatar!!:D:D:D

And do not go all thin skinned on me now....:eek:

I agree with Baja too--I like the original Aviator avatar--the new one freaks me out a little--lol--glad to hear you are doing so well.

This is the real me, in my study, posting here. Here's the full size pic.

Taken with my webcam.

Notice the baseball collection in the background.

post-7177-12990983585037_thumb.jpg

I noticed the baseball collection, but what I REALLY noticed was the merriment in your eyes!!! You're looking great!!!

This is the real me, in my study, posting here. Here's the full size pic.

Taken with my webcam.

Notice the baseball collection in the background.

Much better avator than yesterdays--lol

It’s Monday again – weigh- in day. As I stepped on the scale this morning the weight was 279 or 31 lbs down since my 31 Dec surgery date. The ticker was updated to reflect my new weight.

Notes about this week.

I am now on soft foods and have a whole new appreciation for things to which I might have turned my nose a month ago. Most remarkably, I have come to a new appreciation of water – a substance that rarely passed my lips during my pre WLS days. For me beverages consist of water, sugarless Arnold Palmers, a doppio espresso in the morning, an occasional glass of milk and that is it. No brewsky, no vino, no nuttin’ else.

This weekend was beautiful on Lake Conroe, sunny and the temperatures transitioning between about 48 and 70, sunny and dry. Perfect really. The Grandchildren came for a short visit, so I cranked up the boat and spent Sunday afternoon zooming around with them hanging over the bow. There is a wonderful little restaurant called Sam’s Boat that is attached to a marina, so we moored and had lunch there. I had a half bowl of riceless seafood gumbo and 3 smoked oysters, and was completely satisfied. OMG – after two weeks of liquid diet, the Cajun spices dancing on my tongue was so good.

Nubbin ( my new stomach’s name) seems very tolerant of almost everything except overfilling, and I’ve now learned the point just before that uncomfortable “too full” feeling. I’m consuming at least 60gms of protein, and getting my water in without any issues at all thus far, and eating small meals about 6 times daily.

All in all, I’m adjusting to my new reality. I’ve had business lunches and dinners without any issues. People have noticed that I’m eating less and they are also noting my weight loss.

I was wearing size 50-52 waist pants in Dec and have moved them all to the “Starvation Army” rack. Saturday, I slipped into a pair of size 44 Wranglers, and while far from svelte, it made me feel good to do it. Reaching size 42 will mean no more “Big and Tall” sizes – I can buy right off the rack at Macy’s. Size 40 will mean that everything that is now in my closet will be gone. The amazing thing is this could happen by the first day of spring 09! Under no other circumstances besides WLS could this be possible

I note the date, and it has been 20 days - just less than three weeks since my life changed forever. Outside of this forum, there are not many people who know how great this feeling is.

Edited by Aviator

Wow! Thirty-one pounds in under three weeks! That is an amazing rate of loss, Aviator! I hope you're documenting your progress with pictures. :)

I feel your joy, Av, and I can so relate to it!

Great job!

Both of you have done it. Achieved great success. You know how it feels. Im just following in your footsteps.

Tonight, we had dinner with riends who have four girls, ages 10, 8, 6 and 4. Precious cute blue eyed blonde girls. The eldest is very lean and weighs maybe 60 lbs.

She ate more than I did, and I was full. :) I pushed the food around on my plate for a while, and no one except Bones really noticed.

It is really difficult not to notice now how much people eat...and the painful memory of how much I was eating pre WLS.

Um ... *thinking* .... no :o

Actually the job is not physically strenuous - mostly a "mental" thing. The good news is there is a short commute :), the bad news is that I never really leave work....even in the shower.

:::::MAJOR EYEROLL::::: :rolleyes:

Typical engineer!

(I've dated a lot of engineers, so I can attest to this sort of stereotyping!)

:::::MAJOR EYEROLL::::: :rolleyes:

Typical engineer!

(I've dated a lot of engineers, so I can attest to this sort of stereotyping!)

But have you ever dated one who is an expert in deep water drilling? :D:D

But have you ever dated one who is an expert in deep water drilling? :D:D

Nope, can't say that I have. (Um, is that a double entendre?) :eek: What would Bones say?!

But hey, you'll laugh when I tell you which ones I HAVE dated though: chemical; software; field; aircraft/aerodynamics; mechanical; geological (what the hell is THAT?); and just plain "engineer". I liked the field engineer the most ;)

I think I have a sign on my forehead: "engineer wanted, apply within" I kid you not...can't figure out why it is, but it is. (Not that I'm complaining!)

Both of you have done it. Achieved great success. You know how it feels. Im just following in your footsteps.

Tonight, we had dinner with riends who have four girls, ages 10, 8, 6 and 4. Precious cute blue eyed blonde girls. The eldest is very lean and weighs maybe 60 lbs.

She ate more than I did, and I was full. :) I pushed the food around on my plate for a while, and no one except Bones really noticed.

It is really difficult not to notice now how much people eat...and the painful memory of how much I was eating pre WLS.

Av, those of us who went on the T-T cruise last month can attest to be astonished as to how people ate from the buffet, and how obese so many people are. After all we have gone through, we notice things like that more. I can so relate to your observations.

A little girl with a big appetite is one thing, but that is not how we became obese (I should substitute "we" with "I"). Poor habits, eating for the wrong reasons and eating the wrong thing are what we do/did.

I am so proud of you, Av!!

I can so relate to your observations.

A little girl with a big appetite is one thing, but that is not how we became obese (I should substitute "we" with "I"). Poor habits, eating for the wrong reasons and eating the wrong thing are what we do/did.

I am so proud of you, Av!!

It wasnt that she ate so much...it was that I ate so little. LOL :D It felt good to walk away from the table satisfied and knowing that I consumed probably 300 calories or less (appx five oz of food).

I keep thinking this rate of wt loss is going to slow down, but its not so far. I was down again this morning. Im ridin' this horse as long as I can. :)

Edited by scoman187

Way to go Aviator! :cool: *2 thumbs up*

You are a pretty amazing story yourself. I look forward to seeing your continued success. :) It is the coolest thing about TT. There is so much incredible success here. So many great stories of staring down the demon and winning! Here's to you too, amigo. *lifts water glass*

Hey you finally got that ticker up...WTG! I love to see those things and how far people have come from where they were. :)